Taxi To Pattaya From Bkk Airport

Mr_Pedantic

Hi Does anyone know if Thai limousine still run the taxi's from the new BKK to Pattaya. I've looked in other links and it is all to do with meter taxis to downtown Bangkok.

If so, how much and where from or am I better off using another form of transport baring in mind I could be loaded with bags. I arrive about 7am.

Hi Does anyone know if Thai limousine still run the taxi's from the new BKK to Pattaya. I've looked in other links and it is all to do with meter taxis to downtown Bangkok.

If so, how much and where from or am I better off using another form of transport baring in mind I could be loaded with bags. I arrive about 7am.

My mate was offered a limo 2500baht!

he took the bus 106 baht

not sure if thai do theirs now

On my last trip which was my first to the new airport I used http://www.bb-lets.com/taxi.html the driver was waiting for outside customs with my name on a board, insisted on pushing my trolley to his car parked on the Multi-storey, we were leaving the airport within minutes, straight to my booked accommodation in Jomtien, 1200THB including tolls.

Highly recommended :o

BB

Back in November 1200 seemed to be the going price for a car to and from the new airport but Taxi’s were still charging 800 the same as for the “back to old airport”.

BB LETS.COM was not my first choice, my first enquiry was to another site that was advertising at 1700 for airport- Pattaya, the site had not been updated in months and clearly the price for the old airport, when I phoned them up they said it was still the same, so I told them (him) in no uncertain terms what he could do with his cars.

There was somebody on another forum saying he had a number for a “Meter Taxi” driver who would do new airport to Pattaya for 1000 but personally I would steer clear of any one man band operations, as I have been in too many taxis where the driver has taken calls from angry customer who are waiting for them, relibility may be a big issue at least when you are dealing with an agent if the first driver fails to turn up he will soon find another.

Given the average earnings in LOS, 1000 is more than generous, what really narked me was at the old airport before they hiked the rates two or three years ago was the standard limo rate was 1500 to Pattaya and 1800 to Jomtien, that was really taking the piss for 300 extra to Jomtien.

BB