Two American tourists fined 5000 Baht for 'butt selfie' at Thai temple

webfact

Stands to reason , penis in the bottom = being homosexual .

Promised I was out of here but I can’t avoid this one.

There are far more heterosexual couples having anal sex than the minority population of gays. Social research going back to Masters and Johnson, so “penis in the bottom” does not equal homosexual. Amazing it is 2017 and still people are this ignorant.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There seem to be mixed reports. I was sure I'd read they'd been fined and sent home, but maybe it's not over yet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Last I heard they were being detained and the computer crime charge was being considered. Anyone have any updates to post? Maybe I missed them. 

Of course we all need to be culturally sensitive when travelling. And we know what can happen to you in some backward middle eastern countries for behaviour they deem a crime, but really with all the murders, road deaths, etc. do we really have to make such a fuss and punish these guys so harshly for a stupid but victimless crime.

Give me a break there are more important REAL issues in the world to take care of.

This will not reflect well on the current government and certainly won't boost tourism. I bit of common sense here would go a long way.

5 hours ago, Thaijack2014 said:

You can follow their "butts" on their instagram app... maybe there they show their true faces... They are idiots, but their followers are even bigger idiots, wanting to see pictures of ass cheecks all over the world... they support that!

Check out this story in the San Diego Gay paper (where they come from) and read the comments - they are as disgusted as we all are over here and agree punishment should be given to them.

http://sdgln.com/news/2017/11/28/local-married-gay-couple-arrested-bangkok-exposing-buttocks-temple

Edited by snooky
wording

Sure, but there is a balance.

Thailand has one of the biggest tourism industries in the world.

Part of their continued appeal for that is being a tolerant host.

Of course many tourists aren't sensitive to local cultural sensibilities. 

Again, a fine was appropriate. 

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"They were being held at an immigration detention center while police considered a possible violation of Thailand's Computer Crime Act, as the photograph was uploaded online, Jaruphat said."

Computer crime act? Then death sentence it is for the Traveling Butt Buddies.

There's a penalty worse than death. 

48 hours in a room with Prayut images everywhere, plus his voice blasting from all of his propaganda speeches will heel them.

Edited by jenny2017

4 minutes ago, angmo said:

Of course we all need to be culturally sensitive when travelling. And we know what can happen to you in some backward middle eastern countries for behaviour they deem a crime, but really with all the murders, road deaths, etc. do we really have to make such a fuss and punish these guys so harshly for a stupid but victimless crime.

Give me a break there are more important REAL issues in the world to take care of.

This will not reflect well on the current government and certainly won't boost tourism. I bit of common sense here would go a long way.

You seem to be saying that because cars crash then people should be allowed show their bums at temples

1 minute ago, Paul Collins said:

So what's the difference between a bad murder and a good murder?

I dont know, you tell me .

You are the only one to mention "good" murder .

But, you probably know what I meant .

Bad murder as in the case of worse than just a normal murder

5 hours ago, newnative said:

These two a**holes (I think that is appropriate here) got off way too lightly, in my opinion.  I say that as a deeply embarrassed American.  Some jail time should have been in order--maybe a month for each exposed backside.

"Some jail time should have been in order". Yes and plenty of it followed by deportation and a permanent ban from the country.

1 hour ago, angmo said:

Looking at social media and opinion on this site it is only a minority that are errr...sticking up...for these two brown hornets

So i dont think tourism will be effected in the least.

Also, in 2nd pic ( not seen as much) they are right next to a wall and have pants down, which really is being naked with the willies very close to a stone wall which may be temple

Disgusting they did it twice but what do you expect from the loudmouth arrogants we can know and easily identify by the loud voice before you even see them

2 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

Looking at social media and opinion on this site it is only a minority that are errr...sticking up...for these two brown hornets

So i dont think tourism will be effected in the least.

Also, in 2nd pic ( not seen as much) they are right next to a wall and have pants down, which really is being naked with the willies very close to a stone wall which may be temple

Disgusting they did it twice but what do you expect from the loudmouth arrogants we can know and easily identify by the loud voice before you even see them

Brown hornets? Huh!?!? 

Simply let them leave Thailand and not let them back in. Don't make them martyrs for the gay community. Thailand has traditionally been totally immune to world opinion, anyway, so why overreact??

1 minute ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

So penis in bottom does not equal homosexual does it now?

No reply would have been better getting pwwned, sounds foolish.

We were talking about two males and then you added females to the discussion 

I shall explain for you :

Two people of the same sex having sex if homosexuality .

Two people of different sex having sex is heterosexuality 

Did you not study biology at school ?

We were talking about two males and then you added females to the discussion 
I shall explain for you :
Two people of the same sex having sex if homosexuality .
Two people of different sex having sex is heterosexuality 
Did you not study biology at school ?

Biology, yes if course. Bonobos, lions, dogs, and penguins engage in homosexuality Please feel free to continue. The angry geezers of Thai Visa are big fans of sophomoric humour and homophobic bigotry.

You got pwwned.

1 minute ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Biology, yes if course. Bonobos, lions, dogs, and penguins engage in homosexuality Please feel free to continue. The angry geezers of Thai Visa are big fans of sophomoric humour and homophobic bigotry.

You got pwwned.

We are talking about two human males .

No need to bring human females , bonobos , lions , dogs and penguins into the discussion .

Two males of the human species is what we are talking about .

22 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

They got off way too lightly. They  should have been jailed, and fined much more heavily than they were. It makes all foreigners look bad, when idiots such as these two behave the way they did.

Aren't they still in jail?

Anyway, it's clear some people won't be happy until they're drawn and quartered.

Sad.