Motor Expo 2017 (Bikes only photos)

BBJ

9 hours ago, idman said:

An absolutely wasted use of a topic which might have had relevance to Expats in the market for a new bike/scooter.  I'll bet that over 90% of the readers/viewers of this post have no intention, nor the funds to purchase these types of bikes you photographed.  We are living in Thailand for Gods sake and using these bikes in the ity only or on the highways is just plain idiotic.  Unless of course your bike is a reflection of your manhood or lack thereof.  Not enough photos of the "Pretties" as one person wrote, go online and pleasure yourself you pathetic earsling.

3 hours ago, kelboy said:

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed,BTW I have a cb500x :passifier:

Or can't get his Honda wave started!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, idman said:

An absolutely wasted use of a topic which might have had relevance to Expats in the market for a new bike/scooter.  I'll bet that over 90% of the readers/viewers of this post have no intention, nor the funds to purchase these types of bikes you photographed.  We are living in Thailand for Gods sake and using these bikes in the ity only or on the highways is just plain idiotic.  Unless of course your bike is a reflection of your manhood or lack thereof.  Not enough photos of the "Pretties" as one person wrote, go online and pleasure yourself you pathetic earsling.

Some of us don't ride in the city and are sensible enough to stay out of that hellhole.  And some of us actually have enough free time to go adventure riding.  Tarmac, dirt, whatever floats their boats.

And for you sir.  Some extra ram perhaps?  A little more disc space, an optical mouse or some polypropylene cleaner for your keyboard!

Edited by BBJ

9 hours ago, idman said:

Makes me in the 10% then.

Bought a new Ducati Hypermotard this year, in Thailand, one time full cash purchase.

Think you need to chill out..

Thanks for the photos BBJ

Edited by soihok

15 hours ago, soihok said:

Makes me in the 10% then.

Bought a new Ducati Hypermotard this year, in Thailand, one time full cash purchase.

Think you need to chill out..

Thanks for the photos BBJ

Nice purchase. I was looking at the Hypermotard just yesterday. What are your thoughts?

I have a 2014 Streetfigter in Australia but Ducati have discontinued the model, heartbroken. I’m not a huge fan of the Monster and if I did purchase one only the 1200R styling tickles my fancy. 

I’m really liking the MV Brutale Dragster RR but 1mil฿ while affordable, do I really want to spend $40Kaud on a bike. Hmmm.

I relocate permanently shortly and I’m torn between Ducati & MV Agusta at the monent. 

C5818944-C5CC-482C-99E2-1614F740094E.jpeg

4EC0E2F8-DE32-4BDE-8780-CB1D061ABB18.jpeg

On 12/5/2017 at 8:44 AM, JonnyF said:

It highlights the amount that HD are overpricing their products in Thailand. Other imports are nowhere near 2.5 times the price so it appears HD are fleecing their customers. If you are considering one of their bikes in Thailand, it’s useful to know you are getting ripped off.

Why is it NOT relevant? Unless you are a brand loyal fanboy that is happy to get screwed by the HD corporation because you love the HD image.

Stop and think about it. Do you rally think these HD guys are pricing them high to scam buyers. If they sold them for less they would make more sales which equals more profit,not just on the original sale but on all the other products related to the bikes.

Nice purchase. I was looking at the Hypermotard just yesterday. What are your thoughts?

I have a 2014 Streetfigter in Australia but Ducati have discontinued the model, heartbroken. I’m not a huge fan of the Monster and if I did purchase one only the 1200R styling tickles my fancy. 

I’m really liking the MV Brutale Dragster RR but 1mil฿ while affordable, do I really want to spend $40Kaud on a bike. Hmmm.
I relocate permanently shortly and I’m torn between Ducati & MV Agusta at the monent. 

C5818944-C5CC-482C-99E2-1614F740094E.thumb.jpeg.8c54e0bf740fe4e49a3ad0504edbd11e.jpeg
4EC0E2F8-DE32-4BDE-8780-CB1D061ABB18.thumb.jpeg.4ae45624eecd716305839b300f6b947b.jpeg

Bought the 939 motard March, have put 9000km on it, recently did the Mae Hong Son loop on it - fantastic.

No issues as yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

46 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Bought the 939 motard March, have put 9000km on it, recently did the Mae Hong Son loop on it - fantastic.

No issues as yet...

Enough K’s to form opinion which is great.  What was your longest stint and how was your behind? 

Enough K’s to form opinion which is great.  What was your longest stint and how was your behind? 

I’ve done 500km in a day 4 or 5 times, it’s been fine - no issues with behind.

The only thing I’d say which may become an issue if you’re going somewhere remote is the range, 200-225km is about it with a full tank.

Performance is fantastic.

3 hours ago, ajahnlau said:

Stop and think about it. Do you rally think these HD guys are pricing them high to scam buyers. If they sold them for less they would make more sales which equals more profit,not just on the original sale but on all the other products related to the bikes.

I don't work for the HD sales and marketing department so I have no idea why the price is so ludicrously high. Maybe trying to keep brand exclusivity? Maybe they figure they won't sell many at 1.2 million either so may as well take the extra 450k Baht? Maybe the head honcho is unqualified for the role but his subordinates are scared to point that out to him. Who knows? A lot of HD riders will only ride HD and would rather drive a pickup with a large HD sticker on it than another brand of motorcycle, so they might think they can charge whatever they like and fanboys will pay it.

My original point was simply that they are way, way overpriced here in Thailand. You can't justify that price tag based on taxes alone. Last time I checked it was 80% tax on fully built imported motorcycles which would make it 1,1xx,xxx Baht not 1,6xx,xxx Baht. If they assemble it here it will be a lot less than 80%. 

I read a while back HD is building a plant here in Thailand. If that happens you'll see CKD Harley's here and the price should drop substantially. Or maybe they'll just keep it at 1.6 million and pocket the extra profit?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-harleydavidson-thailand/harley-davidson-plans-a-thailand-factory-to-serve-se-asian-market-idUSKBN18L0DA

34 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

I’ve done 500km in a day 4 or 5 times, it’s been fine - no issues with behind.

The only thing I’d say which may become an issue if you’re going somewhere remote is the range, 200-225km is about it with a full tank.

Performance is fantastic.

That’s good news. I plan on doing some fairly serious riding across the country so that is a plus. 

Range was was going to be another question I was going to ask, beat me to it.

Thanks again for responding, food for thought. Enjoy!

Edited by MadMuhammad

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I don't work for the HD sales and marketing department so I have no idea why the price is so ludicrously high. Maybe trying to keep brand exclusivity? Maybe they figure they won't sell many at 1.2 million either so may as well take the extra 450k Baht? Maybe the head honcho is unqualified for the role but his subordinates are scared to point that out to him. Who knows? A lot of HD riders will only ride HD and would rather drive a pickup with a large HD sticker on it than another brand of motorcycle, so they might think they can charge whatever they like and fanboys will pay it.

My original point was simply that they are way, way overpriced here in Thailand. You can't justify that price tag based on taxes alone. Last time I checked it was 80% tax on fully built imported motorcycles which would make it 1,1xx,xxx Baht not 1,6xx,xxx Baht. If they assemble it here it will be a lot less than 80%. 

I read a while back HD is building a plant here in Thailand. If that happens you'll see CKD Harley's here and the price should drop substantially. Or maybe they'll just keep it at 1.6 million and pocket the extra profit?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-harleydavidson-thailand/harley-davidson-plans-a-thailand-factory-to-serve-se-asian-market-idUSKBN18L0DA

I have a feeling that the price would relate more to import duties, shipping, taxes etc. 

For example an MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR is approx $26Kaud but to purchase sane model, same specs in Thailand is closer to $41Kaud. 

I’m fairly confident MV wouldn’t be making any more per sale than they would anywhere else it’s just the Thai import fees & taxes. My guess anyway. 

*edit* sorry I did see your comment regarding taxes I was just getting to my point about the manufacturer not making extra on sales in a round about fashion lol

Edited by MadMuhammad

13 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

I have a feeling that the price would relate more to import duties, shipping, taxes etc. 

For example an MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR is approx $26Kaud but to purchase sane model, same specs in Thailand is closer to $41Kaud. 

I’m fairly confident MV wouldn’t be making any more per sale than they would anywhere else it’s just the Thai import fees & taxes. My guess anyway. 

*edit* sorry I did see your comment regarding taxes I was just getting to my point about the manufacturer not making extra on sales in a round about fashion lol

The MV really just proves my point. It is about 18000 USD in the US. 31000 Dollars here. That's (give or take) the 80%. The HD is more like 150%. 

650,000 + 80% tax is under 1.2 million. So why is for sale at over 1.6 million? Because it's overpriced, even accounting for the tax. 

On 12/2/2017 at 9:27 AM, kelboy said:

2 pages and no girls, shame on you all.:partytime2:

I think there’s a certain amount of politics involved.  If BMW and others were priced so a decent earner could afford, it would hurt the likes of Honda and Toyota, both sales and parts who provide quite a large workforce here.

Protectionism 

Edited by BBJ

12 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I have a 2014 Streetfigter in Australia but Ducati have discontinued the model, heartbroken

Let me put the thought of a V4 Streetfighter in your head. Depending on if you believe there's such a possibility, you can start to either hate or love me now :)

24 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Let me put the thought of a V4 Streetfighter in your head. Depending on if you believe there's such a possibility, you can start to either hate or love me now :)

Loving the thought ;-)

I see Ducati has a test mile running a V4, although by all reports still a way off.

This vid of the Motus V4 test mule definitely gets blood flowing to the right places!

https://canadamotoguide.com/2017/11/01/v4-streetfighter-coming-from-motus/

Oh my that exhaust note!

160hp. Be interesting to see final numbers, styling and MSRP. 

5E2C1272-AD9D-4DBE-B81B-EE6101C542FE.jpeg

Edited by MadMuhammad

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, OmegaRacer said:

Here's my report with lots of pics if anyone is interested:
http://omega-racer.blogspot.com/2017/11/bangkok-motor-expo-2017.html

Thanx for your link and blog Marcus.

Excellent write up as usual, it seems we have a similar taste in machines...

Regards,

Mike.

I wanted to see the Versys 1000 and Africa Twin but I have to say I was very impressed by the Super Ténéré. Obviously it's not in the same category but the general impression and build quality of the bike are really something else, even compared to a GS I find. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

5a2f8280ad345_20171203-DSCF5417(Copy).thumb.jpg.046dba3ba07ba62dbb40b4bb9b56a920.jpg20171209-DSCF5476.thumb.jpg.3cc753f0995f4587fd23281b0f69002e.jpg

5a2f8243b2c12_20171203-DSCF5422(Copy)CROPPED.thumb.jpg.46ff9ad003c9f039b7b0ab9450cd726f.jpg5a2f81bcd710e_20171203-DSCF5421(Copy)CROPPED.thumb.jpg.bbd84e4a710754883d53c7fedcf074a3.jpg

5a2f828ee96ef_20171203-DSCF5418(Copy).thumb.jpg.00baf6f7703bcb0f50d2082709ec8a5f.jpg20171209-DSCF5497.thumb.jpg.c59886a6e49dfa8e12abc35fbe8f7cdc.jpg

Edited by Calach

3 hours ago, Calach said:

I wanted to see the Versys 1000 and Africa Twin but I have to say I was very impressed by the Super Ténéré. Obviously it's not in the same category but the general impression and build quality of the bike are really something else, even compared to a GS I find. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

5a2f8243b2c12_20171203-DSCF5422(Copy)CROPPED.thumb.jpg.46ff9ad003c9f039b7b0ab9450cd726f.jpg

It's the gold forks that will hook Thai buyers :thumbsup: