Pack of Thai men on bikes "hired" to assault Kazakh guide in brazen Pattaya attack

snoop1130

Pack of Thai men on bikes "hired" to assault Kazakh guide in brazen Pattaya attack

24232641_2011061955831932_8122171098865642380_n.jpg

Five Thai men on two motorcycles attacked a Kazakh tour guide at the lights on Sukhumvit Road on Wednesday.

The brazen attack took place just meters from a police booth but Yevgeniy Cherkashin, 26, had the cops to thank for saving him from a worse beating.

The men, aged about 20-28 surrounded the Kazakh at the lights and started punching him. But he managed to alert the police in the booth.

The assailants then fled in the direction of the city center. 

Pattaya police said it was a brazen attack so near to their outpost. They said it was clearly a gang of men hired by a rival company to beat up the foreigner.

We Love Pattaya did not explain Mr Cherkashin's status in Thailand. 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/welovepattaya58/posts/2011062079165253

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-30

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Can someone remind me why I have absolutely no intention of visiting Pattaya.

Well where do I start, maybe you do not like shopping; entertainent; world cuisine; 24 hour cities; fun?

Or maybe you do not like World Class beaches; sports hubs, comferece facilities; the worlds longests marathon; highest maritime safety standards.

Or perhaps you are xenophobic, many Chinese, Russians etc frequent Pattaya.

To bastardise a phrase from Samuel Johnson.

"When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life."

As a side issue I do not live there, I live in Issan.

3 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Well where do I start, maybe you do not like shopping; entertainent; world cuisine; 24 hour cities; fun?

Or maybe you do not like World Class beaches; sports hubs, comferece facilities; the worlds longests marathon; highest maritime safety standards.

Well then your missing out Geordie 

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Well I thought foreign tour guides were pretty much illegal and could not have a valid work permit or visa?  Of course I have seen many and they naturally speak the language of their home country and translate to their country folk on the tour. 

And you are incorrect.  It is possible for foreign tour guides to get work permits/visa while working for a tour guide company properly licensed by TAT (100-200K bond required), registered with DBD and insured (the cost is about 50 THB per guest per day, not cheap).  Because this is Pattaya, doubtful this tour guide company was operating within the law.

43 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

8 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Or maybe you do not like World Class beaches; sports hubs, comferece facilities; the worlds longests marathon; highest maritime safety standard

In Pattaya  the 42km marathon goes to 11.

Edited by harrycallahan

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

If you follow the news, you'll find out this happens all over Thailand. It's mostly Thai against Thai.

Of course it does but in Patt's it is much more in the face of the many toursits who it seems go there therefore is more likely to hit social media and go 'world wide' very quickly.

6 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

You have no intention of visiting  Pattaya again!!

So I'm glad you can't take me with you ..... 

???

again might be correct. Last time I actually stayed there for a couple of days was probably 10 years ago.

A visit to Foodland is the big highlight for me now.

Edited by overherebc

33 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Of course it does but in Patt's it is much more in the face of the many toursits who it seems go there therefore is more likely to hit social media and go 'world wide' very quickly.

Yup. Primarily on Beach Road and WS. Places I tend to avoid.  LOL

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

Can someone remind me why I have absolutely no intention of visiting Pattaya.

I have a friend who was beaten up by hotel staff there last night for complaining that the water in his room hadn't worked properly for two days. He has stitches above one eye, a broken shoulder and several other injuries.

12 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

So I am not interested in life, because I am not interested in going to Pattaya, To each his own

12 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Shopping, entertainment, cuisine, all are in Bangkok, along with 2 international airports. 

World class beaches? What a joke, if one enjoys beaches with brown trout floating by. (Raw sewage).

Perhaps you  have not read any of the almost daily stories of death destruction and filth from Pattaya here on Thai Visa forums? Or Russian gangsters, and who is Samuel Johnson?

I agree with overherebc, I also have no desire to visit Pattaya 

Edited by Grumpy Duck