Study finds high pesticide levels in local food

rooster59

On 05/12/2017 at 1:23 PM, Media1 said:

Not safe markets are cheap and they buy cheap. There are no regulations in Thailand. Saying this broadly lol

Have just read an article from a Thai journalist that says authorities here still allow the use of paraquat, chlorpyrifos and glyphosate. These pesticides have been banned or are subjected to severe regulation and restricted use in many countries. For example, the weed-killing paraquat has been banned in 52 countries………..

Believe it or not, chemical residues in our salads are the byproducts of the state's lax regulation on chemical use in the agriculture sector. Our authorities still allow the use of paraquat, chlorpyrifos etc.

He went on to say that many of the fruit/veges labelled "organic" were more heavily contaminated.

More disconcerting was the fact that even though the alarming results of this research were presented to the DOA, they do nothing about it. Brown envelopes from the rich and powerful I would suspect.

• Thanks 1

I see no reason to think this problrm is limited to the region mentioned in the OP.

One just has to watch the aggressive marketing of fertilisers etc on regional TV to see how strong a culture the chemical companies have created within the farming communities..

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 2

I see no reason to think this problrm is limited to the region mentioned in the OP.

One just has to watch the aggressive marketing of fertilisers etc on regional TV to see how strong a culture the chemical companies have created within the farming communities..
It's absolutely careless what these companies are promoting.
Reputable western companies which you should think they have some responsibility for farmers and consumers safety.
I buy regularly a well-known agricultural magazine.
Last time I saw a two page advertising and cultural manual about spring onions.
Seven treatments with three different insecticides.
It's absolutely ridiculous.
One should sue them for poisoning.
  • Like 2

You can see how the Healthcare Budget is going through the roof, with hospitals running out of cash. The population is being killed and injured by the FARMERS . 

This is of course AMAZING THAILAND .....at least it is an own goal. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

You can see how the Healthcare Budget is going through the roof, with hospitals running out of cash. The population is being killed and injured by the FARMERS . 

This is of course AMAZING THAILAND .....at least it is an own goal. 

I don't think this is specific to Thailand.  Multinational companies everywhere are poisoning the populace with chemicals in food which cause long term chronic sickness.

The same thing could be said about USA and medicare.

Edited by THAIJAMES

4 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

I don't think this is specific to Thailand.  Multinational companies everywhere are poisoning the populace with chemicals in food which cause long term chronic sickness.

The same thing could be said about USA and medicare.

What is specific to Thailand is the lack of regulations and subsequent enforcement thereof.

Throughout Thailand, multinationals take advantage of this "relaxed" arrangement to get away with stuff they would never even dream of in their countries of origin

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

What is specific to Thailand is the lack of regulations and subsequent enforcement thereof.

Throughout Thailand, multinationals take advantage of this "relaxed" arrangement to get away with stuff they would never even dream of in their countries of origin

I agree

• Like 1