Alcohol ban at national parks to be strictly enforced

webfact

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

are there any educated adults running this country

there are so many serious problems that need addressed and they are going to jail people for enjoying themselves 

I don't think fighting is enjoyable or large groups of noisy/rowdy people in NPs are enjoyable

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

I don't think fighting is enjoyable or large groups of noisy/rowdy people in NPs are enjoyable

I think once you get to your National Park you will be relatively safe, getting there safely is the issue, minivan bus boat car motorbike, your chances of survival increase dramatically once you arrive.

3 hours ago, missoura said:

Isn't Ko Samet also a National Park?

sign.JPG

With the number of English speaking foreigners in this country, I'll consistently amazed at Thais inability to have the content of their signage proof-read before making the sign.

So when I visit the outlaws in Sakeow we normally go through a military controlled  elephant sanctuary to get to the village. Girlfriends Dad drives and I make a hole in a 6 pack of Singha Light. You reckon the soldiers are going to bother stopping all the local cars in case someone is drinking a beer. Is it a National Park? Never been pulled over.

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

I think once you get to your National Park you will be relatively safe, getting there safely is the issue, minivan bus boat car motorbike, your chances of survival increase dramatically once you arrive.

I visit NPs frequently, including camping at Christmas, New Year and Song Khran and quite apart from the disturbance drunks cause to other visitors they also caused the greatest amount of damage to the environment... From littering bottles and trampling plants.

As someone who has driven in Thailand for over 20 years I'm confident enough and familiar with the dangers.

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

TOURISTS risk a jail term plus a fine if they step into national parks with alcohol beverages.

why only tourists? is this law aimed specifically at tourists and not people who live there or is it simply inaccurate reporting?

it basically means anyone visiting the parks is what they are saying, people don't generally live in them

I wonder why the PM allow this kind of racism (payment apartheid).

I am quit sure it harm the reputation of Thailand, which he care so much about........ 

P.s

I actually think it is okay to ban alcohol in NP's

Less dirt
- I know I know I know I know ...
Thailand is 1 big dumpster,  but why not try to make it a little better.

Edited by Muggi1968

12 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

The double pricing  entrance fee structure bothers me more then the sale of some beers either way i lost my appetite going there.

Although 2 tier pricing is a serious miscalculation which further emphasises the poor management  policies of the DNP, I would  be seriously worried about myself  if I couldn't enjoy a trip without alcohol.

Edited by Airbagwill

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

Here's a thought: How about calling for the hooligans to be arrested instead of calling for bans on this or that?

How many fights have started over someone looking at someone else's bird? Shouldn't women be banned from entering too, then?

27 minutes ago, Muggi1968 said:

I wonder why the PM allow this kind of racism (payment apartheid).

I am quit sure it harm the reputation of Thailand, which he care so much about........ 

P.s

I actually think it is okay to ban alcohol in NP's

Less dirt
- I know I know I know I know ...
Thailand is 1 big dumpster,  but why not try to make it a little better.

Is littering with Coke bottles any more acceptable? 

Just now, baboon said:

Here's a thought: How about calling for the hooligans to be arrested instead of calling for bans on this or that?

How many fights have started over someone looking at someone else's bird? Shouldn't women be banned from entering too, then?

Rather a bizarre argument, you appear to be a misogynist who wants to shut the door after the horse has bolted.

Alcohol restrictions and bans are the norm around the world.

If you go to a national park in Thailand over New Year it all becomes very clear why.

This anti alcohol lobby has been sharpening their  pencil again & obviously have the ear of the PM &

his clan. 

So now I take the train & stay in a National Park & have to tee total for my holiday.

Excuse me,,,, where is Vietnam, Cambodia, or Myanmar where I can enjoy a wine with my evening meal.

Next news story,,,,,, no more driving on the roads it is dangerous

12 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Rather a bizarre argument, you appear to be a misogynist who wants to shut the door after the horse has bolted.

Alcohol restrictions and bans are the norm around the world.

If you go to a national park in Thailand over New Year it all becomes very clear why.

Nothing bizarre about it, wanting to remove the actual troublemakers instead of taking the path of least resistance and simply banning stuff.

10 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

When people aren't drunk they tend to take more care of how and where they litter.

I have seen plenty of stone cold sober people slinging their crap out of train and car windows. Ban packaging, then? Ban windows? Or fine the litterer? 

Edited by baboon

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

If this keeps on in the same speed it looks like it´s soon time to implement an alcohol ban in the bars and restaurants. :cheesy:

And your next landlord will tell you that you get evicted if you drink at home.

The NeXT will be a smoking ban as it still seems to be allowed to smoke in national parks as long as the park zone not include a Beach...With other Words this ban seems to open for a smoke:partytime2: in this particular areas...:stoner:

Edited by ttrd

3 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

What is it with all these jail terms for minor offences?

Not surprizingly there are no relation what so ever between the length of the jailtime and the Maximum fine which means it is the fine that will be enforced and that only...

The purpose of the jailtime option seems more to be a way to speed up and force through the fine option...:violin:

Has anyone thought that maybe the quality of the roads and traffic conditions might be why people aren't going. 3 police check points( 10 police at each one) on the weekend same road within 10 kilometers. maybe 30 cops on the highways might be more effective in curbing road kill. Makes  no sense to me whatsoever, but this is Thailand.

Road kill in Australia is when you hit a kangaroo or wildlife, not humans, but that's the same value here.

6 minutes ago, natway09 said:

100 baths ... At least you will be clean

Amazing they cannot even spell their own currency

....and some cant read the amount properly...(100 vs 1000)...;)

Edited by ttrd

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

I visit NPs frequently, including camping at Christmas, New Year and Song Khran and quite apart from the disturbance drunks cause to other visitors they also caused the greatest amount of damage to the environment... From littering bottles and trampling plants.

As someone who has driven in Thailand for over 20 years I'm confident enough and familiar with the dangers.

Don't go camping etc myself but was thinking on the same lines. I can imagine 6 to 10 of them close by with the pick up doors open and music blasting and them get noisier as the beer intake goes up.

A nice relaxing evening for those around them, not.

One warden is not going to chance telling 10 of them to keep it quiet and stop drinking.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Don't go camping etc myself but was thinking on the same lines. I can imagine 6 to 10 of them close by with the pick up doors open and music blasting and them get noisier as the beer intake goes up.

A nice relaxing evening for those around them, not.

One warden is not going to chance telling 10 of them to keep it quiet and stop drinking.

Seems to me like there are two separate issues there:

No consideration for others by playing loud music in the first place.

Drinking too much.

I was at this National Park/beach last month, foreigners seemed to be buying Somtam & chicken with bottles of pepsi
while the Thai families were all lugging cool boxes full of beer!

I hope this ban is across the board. ie all visitors rather than use the term "tourists" which has a different connotation.

20170414_150243.jpg