Police to use lie detector to settle who is the real owner of THB30 million lottery tickets

webfact

Police to use lie detector to settle who is the real owner of THB30 million lottery tickets

By Coconuts Bangkok 

30.jpg

School teacher Preecha Kraikruan (right) accused Jaroon Wimol, a former police officer, of having stolen his lottery tickets. Photos: Hone Krasae/ Channel 3

Police in Thailand’s Kanchanaburi province will put two claimants of five winning lottery tickets to a lie detector test today, as a part of an investigation to determine their real owner.

The bizarre case — which has gotten a lot of local media attention — started when 62-year-old former police officer Pol. Lt. Jaroon Wimol, won the first-prize lottery totalling THB30 million (US$920,000) on Nov. 1.

He cashed out the lottery, and all went until school teacher Preecha Kraikruan, 50, filed a police report on Nov. 28 accusing Jaroon of having stolen his lottery tickets.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/police-use-lie-detector-settle-real-owner-thb30-million-lottery-tickets/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-12-08

I don't believe this. There is no way the cops would not sell this to one party or the other. Too much potential revenue at stake. There is no way they would not fix the result including their cut of the proceeds. Impossible.

Ha Ha, and the cops have even mentioned DNA analysis as well. Now I am one million percent certain they have inserted their own fix.

Edited by Briggsy

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

He cashed out the lottery, and all went until school teacher Preecha Kraikruan, 50, filed a police report on Nov. 28 accusing Jaroon of having stolen his lottery tickets.

I don’t like or trust the bib, but has it yet been explained how this ex-bib stole the ticket?

A lie detector in a Thai police station would probably be running white hot all day long! A truth detector would probably be covered in dust. Personally I don't believe the cop. He can't say where he got the ticket, and if it was his, why did he offer to share it 50/50? I wouldn't if I were in his shoes. I do hope that if the test does indicate who is lying that they are charged with theft of 30 Million and jailed, but somehow I doubt that is going to happen.

14 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

this is great stuff. will the teacher win the day and get the money which is clearly actually his? or will the ex copper get his bent mates to screw him over . . . . 

the stuff of movies, course you could submit a candidate-a-day here

Now come on he found it on the floor outside 7/11and is so happy at the winning he wants to share his ill gotten gains, sorry I meant winnings as he is a very nice ex member of the elite corruption squad.

Ps how do you tell a corrupt thai, answer by the size of the ring on his finger?

Edited by wakeupplease

What's the bet the X cop takes off once he is found guilty, then they will have to instruct the bank to transfer the frozen account assets to the teacher.

Then it will all go quiet and the X cop will never be charged for fraud, only to shoot this guy a year or two down the track if not sooner.

The makings for a movie....lol

21 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I don’t like or trust the bib, but has it yet been explained how this ex-bib stole the ticket?

Yes because without an explanatioin about that it remains that the cop could have gotten the ticket legally. There could have been a mix-up at the sale. That is what i think because without an explanation for the ticket getting in the cops hands there is no real claim from the teacher. 

6 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

Well, Thais screwing over other Thais is a lot better than Thais screwing over everyone else...

It just shows how deep the dishonesty has gone when even their xenophobia isn't enough for Thais to be honest with each other...

They've been practicing on each other since dirt was young, thats why so many relatively truzting frangers have/are being done over. Its one area where the skill level is very high, I' ve known of senior federal detectives being worked by 6th grade educated farm gurls..

How did constable plod get the winning tickets if he can't remember from who or from where he bought them? Surely any half trained detective could solve this......? The only way to solve this is to find an honest judge and present your evidence!

It might be a first for Thailand....:smile:

On 12/8/2017 at 4:23 AM, darksidedog said:

A lie detector in a Thai police station would probably be running white hot all day long! A truth detector would probably be covered in dust. Personally I don't believe the cop. He can't say where he got the ticket, and if it was his, why did he offer to share it 50/50? I wouldn't if I were in his shoes. I do hope that if the test does indicate who is lying that they are charged with theft of 30 Million and jailed, but somehow I doubt that is going to happen.

I think it would be more like a vampire walking into a church, it would burst into flames as soon is it crossed the door threshold

On 12/8/2017 at 7:26 PM, gr8fldanielle said:

my money is on the guy that said "let's split it 50/50 is the one that stole the tickets.

reminds me of the story of how king Solomon settled the dispute between two women as to who was the real mother of the child