Australian man dies in fall at Pattaya hotel

webfact

Australian man dies in fall at Pattaya hotel

By The Nation

6bc7i7ci6a766dakde769.jpg

Picture: Komchadluek

An Australian man fell to his death from his room at a Pattaya hotel early Monday in what is believed to be a suicide.

Pol Capt Chann Kesornbua, deputy inspector of Pattaya police, was alerted to the incident at the R-Con Blue Ocean Hotel in Soi Buakhao at 3am.

The body of Cook Philip James, 63, was found on the ground next to the hotel's swimming pool.

Staff said he had been living alone in a seventh-floor room for many days. A Thai woman had visited him occasionally but she had not been seen for a while.

The body has been sent for an autopsy at the Police Hospital in Bangkok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30333660

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-11

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

Every foreigners unexplained death is recorded as suicide by the police. It doesn't occur to then it could have been a simple accident due to Thailand's poor safety rules.

Every Farang knows the so called safety rails on hotel balconies are far too low for the average Farang. They may be ok for much shorter Thais But the low height in Thailand actually assists the victim to fall  if he loses balance 

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Sadly, we are at the start of suicide season.

I have a bad feeling it is going to be active this year.

Perhaps Thailand wants to be the number one place for suicides too. They are already number one for road accidents and deaths .

" Come to Thailand for your suicide holiday the suicide capital of the world "

1 hour ago, champers said:

RIP.  

Good to see the number for the Samaritans published. As far as pop-ups go, this is one I wouldn't mind seeing on a very regular basis. A public information service can exist side by side with a commercial operation.

My words, thoughts and sentiments exactly. I remember many moons ago back home (while in the depts of my Alcoholism) I had reason to call them. Unfortunity at the time simply talking to a receptive ear on a phone was not sufficiant help, I have heard since that they have actually opened up their premises to those who wish to call in to give them the opportunity to talk in person with a careing human being .

God Bless them and their fabolous work. I will lock their No. in my phone to have it at the ready to pass on to another should I ever be in a situation where they may be needed.

Again, condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of the deceased.

56 minutes ago, hobobo said:

(I hope he wasn't a Man U supporter who couldn't handle his team's shameful performance against City.)

RIP, and condolences to friends and family.

He was Australian so I doubt he had much interest in English football teams.  More likely been celebrating the Australian ashes victory while us Brits are still crying into our beer!

RIP

3 hours ago, johncat1 said:

Every foreigners unexplained death is recorded as suicide by the police. It doesn't occur to then it could have been a simple accident due to Thailand's poor safety rules.

Every Farang knows the so called safety rails on hotel balconies are far too low for the average Farang. They may be ok for much shorter Thais But the low height in Thailand actually assists the victim to fall  if he loses balance 

Sorry ! You are far from reality! 

4 hours ago, johncat1 said:

Perhaps Thailand wants to be the number one place for suicides too. They are already number one for road accidents and deaths .

" Come to Thailand for your suicide holiday the suicide capital of the world "

Plus trying to be no.1 in most corrupt governments .At this stage 101 out of 176 countries officially for corruption. Thai officials may break Gold medal awards very soon for all bad things in life!

Aside from that. It's always "suicide" accepted as first conclusion in these type of deaths .. Amazing! Lazy police work! So if you want to kill someone -take to Thailand condo with four plus more floors above! Conclusion "suicide".

4 hours ago, johncat1 said:

Pure reality suppression.

5 hours ago, johncat1 said:

The RTP seemingly always have an answer to a death, without actually carrying out any investigation whatsoever. The RTP must be the 'elite' of the world's police forces? :whistling:

6 hours ago, hobobo said:

(I hope he wasn't a Man U supporter who couldn't handle his team's shameful performance against City.)

RIP, and condolences to friends and family.

You do realise that most of the planet are not the slightest bit interested in some stupid game - it’s tribal - just weird.

Crass post