Swede Arrested After Fatal Jet Ski Accident On Jomtien Beach.

britmaveric

Hopefully the authorites will ban jetskis from Pattaya, Dongtan and the busier section of Jomthien beaches.

Yes swim zones and boating zones should exist, i agree here.

They are noisy and very dangerous.

Jetskis even tho i dont like them arent dangerous, lets see how many hundred people killed on the roads during songkran so lets ban cars, they are noisy cause pollution and in the wrong hands like jet skis when people are drunk or have no skill cause accidents. Dont blame the jetski.

To my knowledge there are no rules whatsover governing the driving of jet skis in the sea. Anyone can drive in any direction they feel like, at any speed, regardless of other drivers, bathers, or boats in their vicinity. I am also not aware of any rules regarding the consumption of alcohol.

I think you will find as they are a marine vessel and there are no seperate rules for PWC's then they fall under the same rules, also whilst at sea the International rules for prevention of collision exist where no local rules exist, so he could be taken to an international court for failing to abide by these.

My original point still stands and i was just using cars as a comparision, dont blame the device for its mis-operation, if we ban everything that hurts or has potential for harm Thailand will turn into what the western countries are fast seeing with over policing.

Mobi, I think I could easily fall in love with you. You explain everything so sensibly!

Isn't Mobi a girl? :D

I do believe you fancy me Ulysses G. - and jealous to boot. :o

At any rate you're always chasing me across the forums... from Banston Pickle to unprocessed chicken meat. Not trying to get a rise are you? :D

Tammi, I love you too - but unfortunately I'm already spoken for. :D

However, now that my sexuality has been brought into question, who knows what the future may bring :D

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

....also whilst at sea the International rules for prevention of collision exist where no local rules exist, so he could be taken to an international court for failing to abide by these.....

:o:D :D

And I certainly did not say he was guilty, I said that in my experience farang are just as likely to lie as Thai in order to cover their own butts.

I agree 100%. In this case the farang has not spoken, therefore given no opportunity to lie.

Even in Thailand there are rules and regulations governing the way people drive cars, and one of the most basic is you drive on the left hand side of the road so that you don't collide with other road users. Another, maybe not so fundamental rule is that you don't drink and drive.

And you have NEVER seen anyone on the wrong side of the road of a drunk driver or an RTA in Thailand!!???

To my knowledge there are no rules whatsover governing the driving of jet skis in the sea. Anyone can drive in any direction they feel like, at any speed, regardless of other drivers, bathers, or boats in their vicinity. I am also not aware of any rules regarding the consumption of alcohol.

Rules, probably not in law, common sense SHOULD prevail. If you ban jetskis why not go all the way and ban all powered craft!!?? I have a friend who was hit by a speedboat prop while snorkelling off Khoa Larn.

A "safe area" should be designated at least 100m from the beach including landing channels.

If you use a ski when you're drunk you're an idiot the same goes for driving, just about any form of transport with an engine has the potential to be fatal in the wrong hands.