Tm-30 fine

Why were you expecting a fine, you didn't say?

I haven't been reporting after I come back to Thailand. When all this first started I thought I didn't have to. The agency out side put the slip in my passport when they did the paperwork. Then my condo agency did the same, because I haven't changed address or stayed in a hotel in Thailand for a few years I was under the impression that I don't need to.Now I just don't want to rock the boat by reporting in when I come back on my visa runs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fined me B2000 (max) in BKK last week. I imagine this will become more and more common as it is another way to further extract baht from the foreigners wallets. Surprised it hasn't been strictly enforced everywhere since it's silly inception. :crazy:

Edited by Skeptic7

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Fined me B2000 (max) in BKK last week. I imagine this will become more and more common as it is another way to further extract baht from the foreigners wallets. Surprised it hasn't been strictly enforced everywhere since it's silly inception. :crazy:

What did you get fined 2K for? Not reporting your address every 90 days (TM 47) or lack of "Notification from house-master, owner, or the possessor of the residence where alien has stayed" (TM30).

BKK as far as I know does not keep track of TM30's and applies the 2K fine for the lack of TM47.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, juice777 said:

Force alarm they just wanted to put a new bit of paper in the back. I already have 2, some American man got fined 2000THB he was there with his landlord. I am still not the wiser it's madness down there.

...mad everywhere.

Edited by tandor

40 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Fined me B2000 (max) in BKK last week.

Can I please confirm your report, which is very important if true. You are saying you were fined in Bangkok for failure to submit a TM30 notification. Are you sure the fine was not for failure to do a 90-day report. In the past, Bangkok has not enforced TM30 notifications except from hotels.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lkv said:

What did you get fined 2K for? Not reporting your address every 90 days (TM 47) or lack of "Notification from house-master, owner, or the possessor of the residence where alien has stayed" (TM30).

BKK as far as I know does not keep track of TM30's and applies the 2K fine for the lack of TM47.

Not for TM47 90 day report, as hadn't been in country 90 days. Did have a change of address a few months ago and just figured would take my chances doing it all at the same time...at extension time. Our landlord refuses to do the reporting ever. We blew it off and the IO wasn't the most pleasant. When she finally finished her complaining to GF about landlord not reporting, she handed down the fine and we were on our way. 

So possibly for late TM28? 

5 hours ago, juice777 said:

I haven't been reporting after I come back to Thailand. When all this first started I thought I didn't have to. The agency out side put the slip in my passport when they did the paperwork. Then my condo agency did the same, because I haven't changed address or stayed in a hotel in Thailand for a few years I was under the impression that I don't need to.Now I just don't want to rock the boat by reporting in when I come back on my visa runs.

Why are you being fined? It is the responsibility of the landlord. Or are you the owner?

4 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

Why are you being fined? It is the responsibility of the landlord. Or are you the owner?

It’s a grey area, I changed address, rental to new rental, so I should have informed Immigration likewise the owner according to Jomtien.

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not for TM47 90 day report, as hadn't been in country 90 days. Did have a change of address a few months ago and just figured would take my chances doing it all at the same time...at extension time. Our landlord refuses to do the reporting ever. We blew it off and the IO wasn't the most pleasant. When she finally finished her complaining to GF about landlord not reporting, she handed down the fine and we were on our way. 

So possibly for late TM28? 

I did my extension of stay at BKK October 31,2017. New condo address for me and CW did not want a TM 28 and gave me no problem about a TM 30. I know my landlord did not file a TM 30 because when I signed the lease and asked him about it he said he had never filed a TM 30 in BKK for condo rental and he never would. He gave me his card in case CW wanted to talk with him when I renewed my extension. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamie2009 said:

It’s a grey area, I changed address, rental to new rental, so I should have informed Immigration likewise the owner according to Jomtien.

Nothing grey about it.

Section 37.(2). Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason
that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official
of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place. (TM28).

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be
punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for
each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not
exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht
to 10,000 Baht.

• Like 1

I changed my address to my gf house. We went to CW together. The IO told me that there is no need for tm-28. 

I must report 90 day only with my new address at CW (then next 90 day could be done online), but my gf submitted  tm-30 to report a farang living at her house. 

The IO said that there is no need to report anything (90 day report only) unless you change your address again. No need to report when you come back to Thailand from your trip with re-entry permit either. Only 90 day report required. 

Edited by Foozool

50 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Nothing grey about it.

Section 37.(2). Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason
that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official
of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place. (TM28).

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be
punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not
exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht
to 10,000 Baht.

Nothing in there too say when you leave Thailand return too the same address about completing a TM28/30 which currently Jomtien are doing.

One of my colleagues who has stayed in the same Condo with his GF and child for years was asked to sign a form by the owner the other day on his return to Thailand ?

OP, why were you at immigration in the first place?  Did you go in for 90 day report, to extend your yearly visa, ???
Extend my tourist visa they was giving everyone a new type of ticket. Mine was hand written and it said green and a number. They didn't even explain. When I went around to the waiting area I was hold on a minute this ant right.so I asked the Thai man at the desk I said I have no ideal what green means he said wait outside until they call green then go in the room for the housemaster. After about a hour we all went in side the highest number I saw was 64 Then they call your number out in groups on 4s you go into a little partition then they took out the old slips and put the new one in then ask for your phone number (or that might be just me because I am so handsome). There was 2 or 3 staff in there doing this. One had a pc and was talking to a Asian lady and I herd her say I can see what hotels you have stayed in. When you are done you then go and get a new ticket and do your normal business after they send you to the photo copying machine to copy the slip. Absolutely nothing was said to me I wouldn't be surprised with that many people that 1 or 2 people who have never been there before or in Thailand would think that is the normal procedure of extending your Visa then just go home with out extending it. Why I was waiting a few people said I might get a fine of 2000THB plus 200 a day what would mean about 12000THB. If that was the case I was going to say I am going to the Atm then get on a bus to Cambodia and do a border run. Whie I get my head around it and then probably pay it next time if I couldn't get around it my reporting back after my visa run. But in typical thai style nothing was said. It was madness down there I actually felt sorry for the staff it looks like a hell of a job. I think if you don't have any of those slips in your passport they look into it more. Aslo they don't staple the new 1 in so I did it myself to make sure I don't loose it and get a fine next time I ant fooling for that one. I suggest if you are going down there soon take some water with you and make some sandwiches.

• Thanks 1

When I was there there was a American man I suppect first time in Thailand who got fined 2000THB he had no ideal why. So we had to explain it to him he was there with his landlord or maybe friend. I did wonder if his landlord /friend should have paid it but cheated him. Aslo when he went to extend his visa there was a 5 minute discussion about something and he handed over some more money. I am not sure what for but it wasn't the normal visa extension fee because they gave him more in a hundred Bhat change back.

Sorry it was a force alarm I started this thread why I was waiting because I wanted to know the correct fine if there was one.

Nothing grey about it.

to 10,000 Baht.

Dose that mean I could possibly have a 200THB fine a day for about 2 years?

Nothing in there too say when you leave Thailand return too the same address about completing a TM28/30 which currently Jomtien are doing.
One of my colleagues who has stayed in the same Condo with his GF and child for years was asked to sign a form by the owner the other day on his return to Thailand ?

I would have thought it was covered under this bit

Because you stayed there why you was outside Thailand and hence a proper reason.

46 minutes ago, jamie2009 said:

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the
following :

Those reporting about Bangkok - it doesn't apply there at all - only almost everywhere else. 

Reports are mixed for those on retirement w/ 90-day reporting at Jomtien.  I think what may be happening, is the retirement-desk doesn't check for the TM-30.  Tourist and Family desks do check, though.

Those reporting about Bangkok - it doesn't apply there at all - only almost everywhere else. 

Reports are mixed for those on retirement w/ 90-day reporting at Jomtien.  I think what may be happening, is the retirement-desk doesn't check for the TM-30.  Tourist and Family desks do check, though.
Yes but they are sending everyone there including people on Tourist visas.

2 minutes ago, juice777 said:

You can only go to the border 2 times a year as I sure you know because you are on Thaivisa.com. And why would I even go there when I could walk down to Jomtien apart from today I am normally in and out in 10mins.

"But I never declared any address anywhere because I am to smart to talk to any guy in uniform, understand now ?"

So how do you even get in the country?

You are talking nonsense I suppect you had a beer or 2.

When I was there earlier on in the year the people dealing with me all woman were not wearing I.O uniforms, no idea who they were.

There was an armed Policeman outside the office which was upstairs at the time albeit he was asleep initially then woke up walked into the office shouting not at me but to some staff.

When I was there earlier on in the year the people dealing with me all woman were not wearing I.O uniforms, no idea who they were.
There was an armed Policeman outside the office which was upstairs at the time albeit he was asleep initially then woke up walked into the office shouting not at me but to some staff.
They was all wareing the same white Tshirts including the staff from before. No armed guard but I could see why they could possibly need one it was madness with a lot of angry people. A lot had to come back at 1pm because of the delay because the there section closed but for some reason the tourist section dose not.