Crazed mother stabs her own children after splitting up from husband

webfact

Crazed mother stabs her own children after splitting up from husband

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A 26 year old Thai mother stabbed her own eight year old daughter and 8 month old son before trying to kill herself with a knife.

The woman had only recently split up with her husband and been left looking after the children.

Bang Pakong, Chacherngsao, police found a lot of blood at a house in Tha Kham sub-district. The mother, named only as "A" had stabbed herself in the chest 20 times and was in a critical condition.

She had stabbed her daughter three times in the side of the head and arms. She was found by neighbors collapsed out in the street apparently after rushing out of the house to seek help. It was originally thought she had been hit in an accident.

The baby had four wounds to the chest and one in the foot. He was released from hospital to the care of relatives after receiving stitches.

But the daughter is in a serious condition with the mother in hospital, reported Thai Rath.

The children's 50 year old grandmother said there was no warning that this would happen. The mother had only recently split up with her husband, she said, and been left with the children.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-14

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Another terribly disturbing story.

Hopefully, both kids can make a full recovery and move forward.

And you blame Thai youth ALONE for all the problems,....... just take a look at the parents, they SET a GREAT EXAMPLE right here,..... "Oh, it's okay to stab someone if you're angry, even if it's your own children, dad, any other relatives or friends...." 

What a GREAT example such parents present for Thai children across the Nation....... 

And you wonder why in their youth, Thai kids and teens result in violence in school........... 

Sick SH***********

Edited by MaxLee

3 hours ago, MaxLee said:

And you blame Thai youth ALONE for all the problems,....... just take a look at the parents, they SET a GREAT EXAMPLE right here,..... "Oh, it's okay to stab someone if you're angry, even if it's your own children, dad, any other relatives or friends...." 

What a GREAT example such parents present for Thai children across the Nation....... 

And you wonder why in their youth, Thai kids and teens result in violence in school........... 

Sick SH***********

what the hell are you babbling about???

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Another terribly disturbing story.

Hopefully, both kids can make a full recovery and move forward.

The emotional scars are going to run pretty darn deep I imagine, not sure how a young child is supposed to emotionally and mentally cope with their own mom trying to murder them. 

In any case, anyone is capable of snapping under certain circumstances.  Some people can deal with more bad things happening than others that's for sure.

Sounds like this woman might have had a very low breaking point or was suffering from long-term mental and emotional anguish.

Someone help me here, please.  The article says that the mother stabbed herself 20 times in the chest. Now unless the knife was extremely short and didn't penetrate very far, I find it hard to believe that any person could stab themselves that many times in an area where heart & lungs are. I am not suggesting foul play, though I don't rule it out either, but could this be a typo?

46 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Someone help me here, please.  The article says that the mother stabbed herself 20 times in the chest. Now unless the knife was extremely short and didn't penetrate very far, I find it hard to believe that any person could stab themselves that many times in an area where heart & lungs are. I am not suggesting foul play, though I don't rule it out either, but could this be a typo?

Well it's all speculation and reporting in these things are often subject to "translation".  However considering nobody died I would think the stabbing wasn't deep reaching.  More a lashing out than a considered harming.

It is though, yet a another tragic event in a very skewed society.

Very tragic story, and my thoughts is of course with the children and poor granny. Really hope they will recover from this.

One thing I seriously have to say, is that the mother is obviously very disturbed and crazy. Appearently she is also totally incompetent. Stabbing herself 20 times in the chest, and not get the work done, Wow!

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Very tragic story, and my thoughts is of course with the children and poor granny. Really hope they will recover from this.

One thing I seriously have to say, is that the mother is obviously very disturbed and crazy. Appearently she is also totally incompetent. Stabbing herself 20 times in the chest, and not get the work done, Wow!

No mention of the husband?

He obviously knew that the mother was unstable ( well, he must be a bit unstable too ), yet he left the woman alone with his children .. Most likely without support.

11 hours ago, speckio said:

what the hell are you babbling about???

He's "babbling" about the fact that anyone and everyone is automatically considered qualified and entitled to "parent".   Societies spend far more time & money worrying about who can smoke a cigarette, drink a beer, or watch an R-rated movie!  A convicted felon?  Didn't finish the sixth grade?  Do drugs?  Consider kids merely a meal ticket and old-age insurance policy?  Love to pull wings off flies?  Noooo problem.

What the hell are you missing???

17 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Sick SH***********

Can you plaease elaborate on this, and make it understndable to the masses.

3 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

He's "babbling" about the fact that anyone and everyone is automatically considered qualified and entitled to "parent".   Societies spend far more time & money worrying about who can smoke a cigarette, drink a beer, or watch an R-rated movie!  A convicted felon?  Didn't finish the sixth grade?  Do drugs?  Consider kids merely a meal ticket and old-age insurance policy?  Love to pull wings off flies?  Noooo problem.

What the hell are you missing???

I'm missing the part where he forgot to say this sort of thing happens work wide.  Remember the two well adjusted boys in the UK who murdered the toddler? 

Fred and Rosemary West.  Read Evil Love.  They were well adjusted too.  So were their parents.  Really loved them if you get my drift.

Moors murderers.. Lovely people. 

Nah that was just yet another Thai bashing post. 

Edited by tryasimight

4 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I'm missing the part where he forgot to say this sort of thing happens work wide.  Remember the two well adjusted boys in the UK who murdered the toddler? 

Fred and Rosemary West.  Read Evil Love.  They were well adjusted too.  So were their parents.  Really loved them if you get my drift.

Moors murderers.. Lovely people. 

Nah that was just yet another Thai bashing post. 

Well, genius, did I mention any particular country ANYWHERE in what I wrote?  ANYWHERE?   Did I not in fact use the word "societies" - plural, lower case, non-definitive - in reference to my point? 

Nah.  Why read & squander those scarce brain cells on comprehension when you can just go ahead and bloviate?  Yet another member bashing post.

2 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

Well, genius, did I mention any particular country ANYWHERE in what I wrote?  ANYWHERE?   Did I not in fact use the word "societies" - plural, lower case, non-definitive - in reference to my point? 

Nah.  Why read & squander those scarce brain cells on comprehension when you can just go ahead and bloviate?  Yet another member bashing post.

Read the post you were responding to buddy. It was Thailand specific. 

Cut out the abusive language.  It makes you appear rather juvenile.