Daughter disowns father for having younger Thai GF

Nemises

Well this is sort of a big detail that you left out.   

It wasn’t “left out”. It’s irrelevant.

All that matters to the daughter and her husband is whether or not his younger Asian GF is greater than 5 years of age than him - as mentioned in the OP.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Would have changed the entire tenor of this thread.  Instead, you were mostly about the Asian and 5-year thing. 

As mentioned in the final paragraph of Post #1, this thread is about seeking feedback from other Dads who have been in similar situations i.e. “disowned” for dating an Asian more than five (5) years younger.

Sincere thanks again to those Dads who have responded thus far.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, sanemax said:

The Daughter seems quite successful in her own right and doesnt seem to want the Fathers money . Maybe she wanted her Father to meet someone of a higher class and to have a real relationship , rather than a third World prostitute  ( as She will assume )

Maybe he is quite happy with his Thai GF, and you are being something unpleasant by apparently assuming she is of no worth as a human being. The only person that matters in this scenario is him, and he has the right to do anything he wants as long as it is not illegal. She has no right to try and force him to conform to her wants or desires, and a good daughter would not try to do so. Her only right is to try and persuade him with words.

On 12/20/2017 at 9:36 AM, Gregster said:

As mentioned in the final paragraph of Post #1, this thread is about seeking feedback from other Dads who have been in similar situations i.e. “disowned” for dating an Asian more than five (5) years younger.

Sincere thanks again to those Dads who have responded thus far.

I was not "disowned" but have found many western women find it difficult to understand or deal with.

I know women whose husband left them for a man and women that left their husband for another woman.

21st century is very different.

I have never been against equality wherever it is, but I hate this insistence on "positive discrimination" and the PC quotas enforced regardless of ability.

The daughter will have to deal with the situation or lose contact with her father, which she will no doubt regret later in her life.

Life is short...

:wai:

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, Gregster said:

It wasn’t “left out”. It’s irrelevant.

All that matters to the daughter and her husband is whether or not his younger Asian GF is greater than 5 years of age than him - as mentioned in the OP.

I really find it hard to believe that the daughters husband truly feels the same way.

This being the case he is either envious or pussy-whipped.

I think the daughters problem is that she would feel ashamed to be seen with dear old dad and his young GF should he decide to bring her home for a holiday.

14 minutes ago, XBroker said:

She said he agreed w/ her. Given her penchant for dictates, does anyone think he'd vote otherwise. lolz

Agreed - somebody there started poisoning the well....That distinction probably goes directly to her.....

You've got an empowered lady working at a law firm.....

I've yet to have seen one that wasn't openly screwed up in one way or the other......The husband knows that full & well.....

...somebody there started poisoning the well....That distinction probably goes directly to her..... 

Probably, but not so sure, because after her father’s marriage breakdown the daughter NEVER EVER had a problem with her Dad frequently holidaying in Thailand (as a single man) for the last ten years.

However, her email expressing her disgust about her Dad (having younger Asian GFs) was only sent to her Dad about a month after she got married...

18 hours ago, Gregster said:

Probably, but not so sure, because after her father’s marriage breakdown the daughter NEVER EVER had a problem with her Dad frequently holidaying in Thailand (as a single man) for the last ten years.

However, her email expressing her disgust about her Dad (having younger Asian GFs) was only sent to her Dad about a month after she got married...

So - either something that simmered in the back burner until:

1- She got "backing" by proxy of marriage.

2- She made sure the wedding was paid for - thanks Dad.

3- Serious attachment issues.

4- <deleted> around = ok (use those lesser people - perfectly ok) - but - don't have any solid relationship = verboten.

5- Serious issues period.

6- Put it/coerse all on or out of/hubby's family.

7- Dad was a useful pawn for her purposes (gain) - but now she's got a "better" deal going & Dad is welcome back to the pack once he falls into compliance.

Almost any way it's turned or twisted it's bye bye daughter at this point.....

As I said before she/they are actively poisoning the well of his past & burning his bridges....Stranger yet if no problems before in 10 years time.....

Be happy with your life Dad and enjoy the good (giving) memories of the past for your comfort about this situation.....You're a giver....

You raised a straight out taker....

Thanks for your opinions of his daughter and his new in-laws, or is that outlaws :)

Anyway, back to the originally asked question (see final paragraph of Post #1)...hoping to hear from other Dads who have also been “disowned” by members of their families and how they dealt with it going forward.

28 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Thanks for your opinions of his daughter.

Meanwhile, back to topic and originally asked question (see final paragraph of Post #1)...hoping to hear from other Dads who have also been “disowned” by members of their families and how they dealt with it.

I did & have - but a lot of this doesn't pass the smell test....

There's enough good feedback contained in this thread for the Dad to read through & glean helpful input - a deep breath & sort it out.....

Unless he's got some underlying undisclosed issues: ie - health conditions/worries, drugs/alcohol, monetary situation, mental state, long time habitual behaviors which we are not privy to.....Over & above the white knight syndrome with regard to the daughter....

Maybe he's in Thailand just to keep away from/not be around those (type of) people.....Or - just honestly feels better here, unmanipulated....

Witholding the grand children is a knife twist after the backstab.....Something she can twist then twist again periodically just to be aggressively hurtful....

There's enough info here for him....Unless the thread is bogus....

He needs to sit down & read through - he almost needs a scorecard by now....

Edited by pgrahmm

Wow, You certainly are doing your best to hijack this thread.

I notice someone has already called BS on your drivel - see post #298 by Been there done that.

You continue to post useless off-topic content but refuse to answer Been there done that...

Looking forward to you growing a set and responding to him.

In the meantime, also looking looking forward to hearing from other Dads who have been in this situation and how they dealt with it - see final paragraph of Post #1

4 hours ago, Gregster said:

I notice someone has already called BS on your drivel - see post #298 by Been there done that.

You continue to post useless off-topic content but refuse to answer Been there done that...

In the meantime, also looking looking forward to hearing from other Dads who have been in this situation and how they dealt with it - see final paragraph of Post #1

I agree, when somebody asks a question it is polite to give an answer. 

Manners have not been taught apparantly.

6 hours ago, Gregster said:

OK - didn't mean to "highjack" this thread, just provide some reasoning since everything is geared to shielding the daughter while leaving the Dad dangling....

More power to both.....

I didn't answer 298 because I felt it veered off topic & there are a few others out there covering that path....It would have become more distracting to the thread.....

Having raised one daughter as a single Dad I feel for the Father more than the group attacking him.....

Most of the drivel I see comes from the op's/father's? overt & complete & total defense of the "princess" daughter.....

Admins please feel free to remove all my posts from this thread as you see fit....There's enough information for any grown adult to draw conclusions from.....

It's a drama queen clusterfunk at this stage.....

On 12/14/2017 at 2:11 PM, billd766 said:

It has never happened to me but if I were in his position I would try to explain to my daughter that she has her own life to live as I have mine.

In his case he has supported his daughter all her life so far and now it is his turn to make his own life for himself.

I choose what is acceptable to me.

You don't mention if his wife had died or they had divorced as the reason why he has a Thai GF but IMHO if he is happy with his Thai GF then stick with her.

It is your friends grandchildren who will suffer the most from loss of contact and the problem is completely in his daughters court.

Again IMHO she has no right to interfere in her fathers life especially as it involved the children and their grandfather. She sounds a bit spoilt and always wants HER own way.

Fair play to the daughter, i wouldn't recommend anyone i thought well of getting involved with a Thai woman for more than necessary.

11 hours ago, Gregster said:

She is aware he is involved with an Isaan girl who he met on holiday, she is far brighter than your troll self or her father.

This topic was NOT raised to attack or support his family or his son-in-law’s family.

This topic was raised to seek assistance from other Dads who may have also been “disowned” by family members for having a younger Thai partner. In particular, how they dealt with it.

Thanks again to the Dads who have assisted thus far.

In all fairness, i would not consider OP to be a troll. He seems like a man who cares. And is consistent.

Thanks. You are right, I do care hence raising the topic.

In regards to the (false) trolling claims. I’ve asked repeatedly in this thread that feedback is preferably sought from “other Dads who have been through this”. I doubt someone trolling would keep politely asking to have replies restricted to Dads in similar situations only.

On 24/12/2017 at 1:04 AM, Arth said:

Fair play to the daughter, i wouldn't recommend anyone i thought well of getting involved with a Thai woman for more than necessary.

Not so.

Iw ould quite happily reccomend anyone I thought well of to get involved with a Thai woman though I would give some cautionary advice.

I married my Thai wife 17 years ago after knowing her for 7 years. At least 25 of my friends have done the same and the divorce rate among us is far lower than than when we we married and lived in the West. Most of us have been married at least once before to a western lady.

On 24/12/2017 at 1:08 AM, Arth said:

She is aware he is involved with an Isaan girl who he met on holiday, she is far brighter than your troll self or her father.

And just how do you KNOW that? Have you met either the father or the daughter yet?

12 hours ago, mentalcolonization said:

We dont old UK , AMERICANS , AUSTRALIANS. You are old. please die in your country .  

I don't quite understand what you shouted about in your post, neither do I understand who "we" are, or even if you are Thai. 

If you are Thai then please give me your full name and address so that my Thai wife and son will be able to live with you when I die, and you will be able to support them until they die.