Daughter disowns father for having younger Thai GF

Nemises

28 minutes ago, Gregster said:

Her dad isn’t trying to change her notion because he knows she’ll never change it. He is just wondering if there is a solution before he walks away from his daughter...forever. Something he obviously doesn’t want to do, without serious thought.

Nothing is forever. He can just not respond to any of her demands and live his life, and perhaps one day she will try to re engage if he is willing.

However, he should at least send the grandchildren letters and presents for b'day and Xmas. Even if she won't give to the children they can't say he didn't try, if they ever meet when they are old enough to do what they like and meet him.

Perhaps he can send letters via a third party so mum doesn't know who they are from. Important not to attack their mum though.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, mentalcolonization said:

The daughter is correct. Logically speaking it doesn't make any sense. Why are the old folks chasing after the young girls far more younger than their kids with outrageous age difference. I bet you this a scary scenario because if the old folks looks at younger girls, then their children maybe in danger because they must at one point look to have the children as wives . :cheesy::cheesy:

You and gregster both seem to want to take this discourse the usual way with your repeated 'MUCH bigger' and 'far younger' age embelishments.

Here's a clue: The guy in the OP is only 5 years older than his Thai girlfriend.

My dad was 6 years older than my mum when they married way back when your genetics were as yet undefined and nobody labeled people as creepy or disgusting and just let them get on with their lives.

If excessive age differences get your panties in a bunch and you can't stay on topic, feel free to start a separate thread on that, somewhere in Farang Pub.

22 minutes ago, Gregster said:

He is resigned to walking. But not yet and not before seeking comments from others who have been in this situation.

I have been in a similar situation. In a situation like that when it comes to the children the one with them controls the situation. 

I had to accept the situation and I never heard from them since I left my ex. No doubt she was busily poisoning them against me. A woman scorned and all that.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

You and gregster both seem to want to take this discourse the usual way with your repeated 'MUCH bigger' and 'far younger' age embelishments.

Here's a clue: The guy in the OP is only 5 years older than his Thai girlfriend.

That is not correct. The guy in the OP is MUCH MORE than 5 years older than his Thai GF. It’s more like 30 years. The Thai GF is the same age as his daughter.

The “5 year” thing is number of years age difference that the daughter drew the line in the sand.

5 minutes ago, Gregster said:

No, daughter has never met the GF... nor is interested in meeting her or wanting to know anything about her.

Your daughter has excess emotional baggage because despite your love and having "ALWAYS been a good father and has always given her nothing but the best eg 2 x nice cars, a University education resulting multiple degrees, a huge “no expense spared” spectacular wedding, numerous overseas holidays etc.", your daughter holds you responsible for her birth mum no longer being part of the family unit.

2 minutes ago, Gregster said:

That is not correct. The guy in the OP is MUCH MORE than 5 years older than his Thai GF. It’s more like 30 years. The Thai GF is the same age as his daughter.

The “5 year” thing is number of years age difference that the daughter drew the line in the sand.

Sorry, I stand corrected.

My opinion however remains unchanged.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Your daughter has excess emotional baggage because despite your love and having "ALWAYS been a good father and has always given her nothing but the best eg 2 x nice cars, a University education resulting multiple degrees, a huge “no expense spared” spectacular wedding, numerous overseas holidays etc.", your daughter holds you responsible for her birth mum no longer being part of the family unit.

WOW, sounds like a lot of farang guys that buy the Thai beloved 2 x nice cars, a uni education, huge sin sod, house etc and then complain when she kicks him out with nothing.

Some people are just nasty, PERIOD.

"Her criteria for an “acceptable GF” is that the GF must not be Asian and she must not be more than 5 years younger than him."

Ive only read the 1st page of responses , but nobody pointed out the "ASIAN" part ??

So the daughter is openly  both ageist and racist ...

I know it will hurt him but he needs to cut her off for a while. Hes hurt anyway..

I take it he never laid down the terms of who she would marry , and Dad deserves the same courtesy.

Daughter has a partner and , by the sounds of it , a good life.

If she cares for her Dad , she should want  that for him to.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

WOW, sounds like a lot of farang guys that buy the Thai beloved 2 x nice cars, a uni education, huge sin sod, house etc and then complain when she kicks him out with nothing.

Some people are just nasty, PERIOD.

We are talking bout an Australian with an Australian daughter in Australia

1 hour ago, Gregster said:

Thanks for clarifying, but it doesn’t really matter which newspaper or website said it. The point is that there are many who consider old white men with MUCH younger Asian partners as creepy, not just this guy’s daughter.

When you say 'many', you of course mean 'many entitled white women', as nobody else in the world gives a hoot. White Australian women being the worst and most entitled women in the feminist world.

Note to my former white Brit daughter,

I can make 'many' more daughters (and already have), you can't make more fathers = I don't need you.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Todays 'Let's jump in at page 10 of a thread and post sh!te' award of the day goes to.

These Ozzies! When did they change from being reasonable Brits? Sounds like a jealous girl who is watching all the goodies slip away.

The daughter although her opinion is important based on the situation she has only so much rights to his life. The information particularly 5 years younger isn't clear?  for example is he 50 and she 44, or more like 20 plus younger?  If that was the case I can see her negatives about the age difference?  The part that is unreasonable is her not being Asian,  seems like he has given her everything but not taught her to be prejudice or racist which in my book that is what she turn out to be.

He deserves to be happy put in his time to be a good father. I would sit her down and be honest and fore right with the both of them give her and the kids a big hug and tell her he loves them all and will miss them. 

Edited by thailand49

The daughter although her opinion is important based on the situation she has only so much rights to his life. The information particularly 5 years younger isn't clear?  for example is he 50 and she 44, or more like 20 plus younger? 

See post #161 for age differences.

A post above mentioned the daughter to be 'unreasonable'. I think many on here underestimate the visceral reaction that some -- for reasons I will not speculate -- have to what used to be referred to as miscegenation and which was outlawed in many countries for years

Edited by JLCrab

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I think the daughter knows about the age difference, or rather. it is an obvious conclusion to make. It doesn't make her right, but it makes more sense that way. No way dad is going to pull a 30 years younger bird in the west unless he's rich or a celebrity.

But even then it's expensive, cost Paul McCartney 20M gbps, cost Robin Williams his life.

On 12/15/2017 at 7:19 AM, pgrahmm said:

It appears to me that the daughter has been spoiled by her fathers well meant over reach into her life.....With the divorce in place between her parents she feels herself entitled to reap the rewards once daddy passes on - the princess position....

Now, dad is an ocean away with a younger woman....Daughter is both jealous & threatened - her control over her father is diminishing by distance, outlook, and a culture she doesn't know or understand - and she doesn't like it.....

She wants the pot of gold & the choice of the old folks home to slam him into the instant he starts declining - with all documents signed = in her direction.....

The last thing the daughter wants is for dad to be attended to by a youngish, capable woman - an Asian woman....

Dad should live his life & seek his happy moments.....He's done enough to please an already grown (spoiled) daughter.....There's no reason for him to remain under her thumb.....Blackmailed for perpetuity.....

Too many assumptions.

I've seen too many foreign dad's abandon their own children to lose everything to a Thai woman half their age. 

I don't know if you would be fine with your father giving all he worked hard for to a Thai woman? I certainly wouldn't be happy. 

25 minutes ago, Lucky mike said:

You only get one go at life ! Making yourself happy is important ....daughter will soften over time, by all means stay in touch with her.  But it is his life not hers who does she think she is...do what is best for yourself !

Did you get, or are you expecting any inheritance?