• Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

How Different Cultures Understand Time (HDCUT).

Interesting point. Obviously the faster you move the slower time goes. So the sprinter will age slower than the marathon runner. Well that of course does depend on other things. Other factors to be considered there. But enough of Science; what I'm bothered about is the use of 'bold' text, and CAPITAL letters in posts.

You can absolutely guarantee that a someone will use the abbreviation HDCUT in a post and expect everyone to get the gist of it.

It's a nightmare for the serious TVForum poster.

50 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I am enlightened. I try not to use the abbreviations too much as there are people out there who are not as clued up as they should be.

Cheat sheets- 

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/fwiw

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FWIW

But, as in most things interweb related, just googling is where I start.  I had to learn some of these to communicate with my younger co-workers.  Still haven't figured out if they're dissing me with their emoji's and emoticons (or what's the difference between an emoji and an emoticon, either).  But by and large, they're great kids (Thais in their 20's and 30's mostly), so I think they're taking it easy on this old fart.

47 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Interesting point. Obviously the faster you move the slower time goes. So the sprinter will age slower than the marathon runner. Well that of course does depend on other things. Other factors to be considered there. But enough of Science; what I'm bothered about is the use of 'bold' text, and CAPITAL letters in posts.

You can absolutely guarantee that a someone will use the abbreviation HDCUT in a post and expect everyone to get the gist of it.

Hey Mr Owl. Not one single word that you quoted me on came off of my keyboard today!!!  The only post I made was #899 all day today.  Please look at your post #907.  Thank you. It's wrong. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Official statement regarding changed situation -- 

I was looking for a solution to the outrage of the over 30 votes for Craigt3365 being thrown away and it not being possible to vote for a valid choice on this poll for ALL of those voters. That's a lot of votes in the context of this contest. 

Moderation has solved this problem by PM contacting all of the Craigt3365 voters and giving them the chance to cast a new vote via PM  (to be added whenever). 

I am totally satisfied with this solution. 

Therefore, whoever wins this contest, whether it be JAG, Baboon, or really whoever, will not be an ASTERISKS winner but a REAL DEAL winner. 

So may the best man (or car) win!

Goodbye again. 

It's good to have you back, JT, but how can you possibly be "totally satisfied with this solution" when the 38 voters for Dave2 were not given the same consideration as the measly 30 voters for Craig?  

And even if you accept that injustice, how do you explain the fact that JAG made it to the finals with 6 votes in Poll 2, yet two others who also had 6 votes in Poll 2 didn't?  To refresh your memory, here is a link to the final results of Poll 2:

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:
38 minutes ago, impulse said:

But by and large, they're great kids (Thais in their 20's and 30's mostly), so I think they're taking it easy on this old fart.

If you think so.

There's enough office politics and cliques that one of them would tell me if another was dissing me.  I've certainly heard enough cross-clique gossip about things that don't pertain to me. 

Besides, why would I care, as long as I'm feeling okay about the way I'm treated?

Edited by impulse

6 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Non such luck.  I heard over the grape vine that he was stuck in a curry house somewhere and refuses to come out.

I heard that because he thinks Trans is now going to be "Trumped" by a load of second chance votes that he gave the baht bus driver a tip...laugh.gif.988d5b0b1b1b581990f453139964c6c1.gif

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Official statement regarding changed situation -- 

I was looking for a solution to the outrage of the over 30 votes for Craigt3365 being thrown away and it not being possible to vote for a valid choice on this poll for ALL of those voters. That's a lot of votes in the context of this contest. 

Moderation has solved this problem by PM contacting all of the Craigt3365 voters and giving them the chance to cast a new vote via PM  (to be added whenever). 

I am totally satisfied with this solution. 

Therefore, whoever wins this contest, whether it be JAG, Baboon, or really whoever, will not be an ASTERISKS winner but a REAL DEAL winner. 

So may the best man (or car) win!

Goodbye again. 

Nice one JT, stick around.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

WTFAYOA?