• Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appallingly low voter turnout IMHO. The wave of ignorance and apathy on TV knows no bounds.

Did you know that Scotland won an independence referendum only to have it sh!tcanned by then PM Jim Callaghan as they didn't beat a quietly unstated minimum voter turnout amendment to the rules? Turned round to bite him in the bum as the SNP subsequently pulled out of their 'coalition' and he was hung out to dry a few short months later.

Nothing to stop the 'election committee' deciding that the dead guy in Chiang mai had loads more going for him than any of the current 5 finalists and decide on having their year-end piss-up in Chiang Mai after all.

Edited by NanLaew

JLC will be surprised to see the white limo roll up outside his place, and even more bowled over when the red carpet is rolled out and he is whisked off to his ringside seat of the POTY Crowning ceremony, and everything is comp btw,  including the earplugs ....

Trans will be even more surprised when JLC appears on stage with his instrument and plays Congratulations whilst singing in his best Cliff Richard voice !!

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Appallingly low voter turnout IMHO. The wave of ignorance and apathy on TV knows no bounds.

Did you know that Scotland won an independence referendum only to have it sh!tcanned by then PM Jim Callaghan as they didn't beat a quietly unstated minimum voter turnout amendment to the rules? Turned round to bite him in the bum as the SNP subsequently pulled out of their 'coalition' and he was hung out to dry a few short months later.

I would imagine a premier league poster such as yourself is rather amused to pop down to the Championship ...... and yes. we do have free beer!

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Trans will be even more surprised when JLC appears on stage with his instrument and plays Congratulations whilst singing in his best Cliff Richard voice !!

Hell must be about to freeze over then ....

There have been years when the field was even more strung out than this ..... one time a lonely 500-1 outsider fell after successfully negotiating the last fence, and the second placed man was 3 furlongs behind and had a coronary before reaching the Nancy Stand, and as for the rest of the runners, they never made it out of the starting blocks.

As far as statistics go, this one will remain forever ...

The only year there was no winner.

The locals are easy to drum up ... a promise of a case of 40 degree and half a rabbit and you have the entire Tambon ready to get on a pick up and go anywhere, so all these people who are amassing outside Trans Mansion are not all here to cheer on the winner!

Just now, geronimo said:

The locals are easy to drum up ... a promise of a case of 40 degree and half a rabbit and you have the entire Tambon ready to get on a pick up and go anywhere, so all these people who are amassing outside Trans Mansion are not all here to cheer on the winner!

And once the baboons arrive, security won't be able to identify the culprits ....

4 minutes ago, geronimo said:

TV aren't silly, they would never commit considerable resources to a contestant at this stage, no matter how far ahead they are, 48 hours can change the world ..... Ron is only here for the beer, must be his day off .....

Trans has offered me the run of his beer tent but I can't get down there to take him up on the offer.

Sad really as he has ordered a supply of Singha for me alone.

1 minute ago, Ron19 said:

Trans has offered me the run of his beer tent but I can't get down there to take him up on the offer.

Sad really as he has ordered a supply of Singha for me alone.

I bow (grovelling) to a man with more than a 2-1 post-like ratio and will call the foundation pick up at the end of the evening ... free of charge ....

Just now, geronimo said:

I bow (grovelling) to a man with more than a 2-1 post-like ratio and will call the foundation pick up at the end of the evening ... free of charge ....

Although if I were God, I'd expect everyone to like me ....