Family Of Dead Cadet Have Just Filed Police Complaint

webfact

Family Of Dead Cadet Have Just Filed Police Complaint

By Khaosod English

cadet1-696x464.jpg  

Sukanya Tanyakan, wearing cap, and Supicha Tankyakan, in black, walk to a police station in Nakhon Nayok province Tuesday afternoon.

NAKHON NAYOK — The family of late cadet Pakapong Tanyakan is filing a complaint Tuesday afternoon in the province where he died at an elite military academy.

A day after refusing to meet with military representatives to discuss their son’s death, Pakapong’s parents and sister traveled to Nakhon Nayok province to file a complaint with police there.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/12/19/cadet-death-family-files-police-complaint/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-12-19

“If the family isn't confident and remains in doubt about the committee's probe, I would like them to come and talk about what made them feel that way. We will try to explain all points for which the family had questions. If the family doesn't come and talk, we will miss the opportunity to reach an understanding," said ACM Chawarat Marungruang

Good for you Sukanya for not attending the charade that was the Committee hearing and not giving up!

1 minute ago, NotUrFriend said:

Good for them...I'm sure it's quite a shock for this yellow shirt family to see the "justice" system treating them like they were some lowly red shirt peasants. It is waking BKK up because this kid was one of them.

Nice, 2 posts in and this is what we get. 

Yes I am sure the Police will be happy to request Army representatives ,

please come to the station on Thursday,we have some questions,AND

when the Army does not turn up,what then,a Mexican stand off.

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, NotUrFriend said:

Good for them...I'm sure it's quite a shock for this yellow shirt family to see the "justice" system treating them like they were some lowly red shirt peasants. It is waking BKK up because this kid was one of them.

and you know they are yellow shirts because..........and its not the justice system it is the army, they treat everyone like crap or have you been hiding

36 minutes ago, seajae said:

and you know they are yellow shirts because..........and its not the justice system it is the army, they treat everyone like crap or have you been hiding

Justice system and army are basically the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that some people are waking up. I just believe that if the boy was from the boonies it would not have made as much noise.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by NotUrFriend

3 hours ago, NotUrFriend said:

Justice system and army are basically the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that some people are waking up. I just believe that if the boy was from the boonies it would not have made as much noise.

2.jpg

1.jpg

They also probably don't risk being 'adjusted' or charged with defamation....

Edited by candide

Cadet’s family files complaint with police

By The Nation

6098b36b41082914649b3457aca30863.jpeg

THE FAMILY of a teenage cadet whose death has caught national attention lodged a formal complaint with police yesterday.

Supicha Tanyakan, the elder sister of Phakhapong “Meay” Tanyakan, announced the decision to file a complaint but refused to elaborate. 

Phakhapong, an 18-year-old student at the Armed Forces Academies Preparatory School (AFAPS), died on October 17 in what his family has described as suspicious circumstances. 

9e643365d6dd0d8c7224266c403faae4.jpg

The Tanyakans have asked for a full and transparent probe into Phakhapong’s death, as they have expressed doubts that he might have died as a result of excessive corporal punishment prescribed by senior students at the AFAPS. 

According to the family, Phakhapong almost died in August because of punishment senior students imposed on him. He was also subject to punishment on the day before his |death.

Last week, an investigation launched by a military-established committee confirmed that Phakhapong had faced inappropriate punishment in the 48 hours before his death but insisted that he had not died because of the punishment. 

Supicha’s family has not yet sat down with the committee to hear the details of the probe. 

The family has focused its attention on points it would like to raise with police. 

Supicha and her parents travelled yesterday from their home in Chon Buri province to Nakhon Nayok Police headquarters in Nakhon Nayok province where they met with the province’s acting commander Pol Maj-General Wattana Yeejeen. 

Jurisdiction issues

A source said Nakhon Nayok police would look into Phakhapong’s autopsy and they expected to conclude the investigation before the end of the month. 

“It will then forward the conclusion to the Ban Na Police Station, which is directly in charge of the case,” the source said. 

The AFAPS is located in the jurisdiction of the Ban Na Police Station. 

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday that Phakhapong’s case would be handled based on forensic science and laws. 

“Of course, no one wants such a thing to happen. But given that it has already happened, we will try to prevent such cases from happening again. 

“We need to comply with the law and forensic science. Emotions won’t help,” he said. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30334330

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-20

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“It will then forward the conclusion to the Ban Na Police Station, which is directly in charge of the case,” the source said. 

The AFAPS is located in the jurisdiction of the Ban Na Police Station. 

and the Ban Na Police Station is located in the jurisdiction of the Thai government which is a military junta

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“Of course, no one wants such a thing to happen. But given that it has already happened, we will try to prevent such cases from happening again. 

It has happened dumb-ass and omitting the part that those military personnel found guilty would be punished in accordance to the law and dismissed is just insult to normal decency and disrespect to the family and the country. 

“They said a broken rib found in the teen was caused when the cadet fell down eight flights of stairs.”..... from link.

sounds fair and reasonable.... you fall down eight flights of stairs and it’s highly likely that you’ll end up with a few broken bones and bruises.

I wonder if he fell eight times down a single flight of stairs, or if they found an eight story building and had to keep pushing him around the corners at each landing.