Unsightly farangs behaving badly.

tgeezer

Beach is different in villages Thais don't like shirtless male farang/falang or scantily dressed farang/falang women they don't say anything to them as a rule but will just talk among themselves how disrespectful they are. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

There's a Thai guy who walks around near to where I live and during the summer he never wears a shirt. Just shorts and flip flops.

OP : When I see this 50+ year old Thai man next summer without his shirt should I tell him how non Thai his behaviour is and that he should respect local culture :shock1:

I have seen Chinese shopkeepers sweeping up the pavement outside their shops without shirts on around here, I presume that like the man you saw he knows the form. Going shirtless was Thai culture for people who couldn't afford many clothes especially in the countryside working the fields. Why would you interpret my objection to a farang going shirtless as me believing that it was non Thai conduct?

The similarities between Thai and English attitude to societies norms make it easy for both to behave in an acceptable way in one another's countries. I doubt that the Chinese shopkeeper or the man in your town would go to London and walk about shabbily dressed. I am sure that both would try to give a good impression of themselves and their country.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

However in villages there will be more shirtless Thais walking around than you can count on 2 hands.

Point taken only within there road or household area that is the case in our village, ldo it myself. 

Funny how a plenty of foreigners try to uphold high morals and ethics in a nation where lying, thieving, corruption, racism a.o is rife.

Shirtless jeeezzzz

“...in a nation where lying, thieving, corruption, racism a.o is rife. “.
If you speak from experience and object to these things perhaps you should consider taking my post more seriously.

Do you not see the irony in accusing all Thai people of racism?

“Shirtless jeeezzzz”

You reap what you sow.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Why is there never a hot topless female cutie strolling around ?

Quite sure that few would complain ?!

I saw a bottomless girl going up the escalator the other day. I wouldn't have noticed except for the fat that two Thai guys were squatting and taking photos or filming. I guess they were all together as she was bending over for them.

It was all over in a few seconds. I go back every day, but alas, no luck!

• Haha 1

I find it annoying too to see Farangs without a shirt on in the Soi's......but at the same time I can see why they may be unaware of any wrongdoing. I'd say that any country they had been in on holiday before here there was no such problem.

Thai men also can be seen in public on occasion shirtless, so can be confusing.

12 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I don't think it's a case of not giving a damn, it's more down to being completely ignorant of what's right or wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Correct. The Thais have no idea about right or wrong. What's wrong with you! There is nothing wrong with walking around without a shirt on. 

• Sad 1

I was in church one time and a topless girl walked in just as the priest was giving his sermon. He said to her "you can't come in here dressed like that". She said "but I have a divine right". The priest said "you have a divine left too but you still can't come in here dressed like that".

• Haha 2