Chinese Tourists Could Cause Years of Misery for Thai Airports

webfact

2 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I saw about 50 quality Chinese tourists having a scrum down around free water machine in DM airport

Chinese like free and cheap things. (I know, cause I lived more than two years in China.) They love Thailand, cause it's cheaper than their own "Hawaii" Hainan.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

And when the bubble bursts, Thailand will be left with a mess.

Like locusts consume everything than move on, until the next time!

They will go home and not look back.

The Thai's will be left "fix" the special concessions from the past boom.

Probably a lot of "special" holes to plug to prevent the problems we are having now with undesirables allowed here in Thailand.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

yes it is all regimented, they are like sheep being herded around by flag waving guides,its a shame realy, they only get to see what the itinery dictates, ever see a chinese person eating street food, i fish a lake at Lat Krabang, and beside it is a chinese restaurant, every 30 minutes a coach load of chinese would pull up,  must gobble their grub down as right behind them was another bus full,waiting their turn, so the dollar tours are still thriving, putting jack shit into the economy

The street stalls near me are full of Chinese customers (also Russians).

For some reason they believe as it's street food it's good and cheap. They couldn't be more wrong. Double-pricing is the norm with tourists paying 20 baht for a BBQ stick that locals buy for 10 baht. Fried rice, phad Thai and other basic dishes sell at 100-120 baht, and it's of a quality that local Thais wouldn't eat at 50 baht. Four or five stalls have grown to maybe 12-15 in the last couple of years as more people jump on the bandwagon, and of course this allows the landowners to charge more as well for the rental of the increasingly crowded plot.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

Immigration should come up with a better and faster system and stop complaining about the high number of tourists. Hong Kong is a good example where they just scan the passports in seconds.

Thailand also scans. After scanning, they again enter the details. That's where Thailand is lacking behind.