US couple arrested, fined Bt5,000 for writing graffiti on Silom Road pole

webfact

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Wrong what they did but...

Again, fine out of all proportion to normal fines here for much worse offences. GBH, 500 baht.. Vehicular manslaughter, 500 baht... 

Wait, they beez white folk :)

Out of proportion because the fines for "GBH and Vehicular manslaughter" are far too low. Defacing of public property IMHO is far worse than smoking on a beach, or possessing an e-cigarette, or even feeding fishes!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

"and said they did it just for kicks"

She must have gone out and bought that giant green marker with intent to deface Thai public property, how does that give you kicks? I dont get it..

I hope she is made to clean it all off as well

That's it! For once the punishment could easily fit the crime. And maybe a dozen or so hours of closely supervised 'community service' like collecting rubbish and scooping up 'barker's eggs'.  :sick: Give 'em a holiday to remember!

5 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Doubt the original phone cam stalker would've bothered at all if it'd been a couple of Thai kids..... just another muppet who needs some attention trying to get "likes" on his FB page through some xenophobic trivial curtain twitching and gossip. 

Hillarious,  a TV poster cynical about local xenophobia....a trait familiar in all cultures. What's unique is TV, where you've chosen to live in a culture that you endlessly trash.

5 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I may have found a new hobby, just follow some tourists around and wait for them to do something illegal, film it find out what hotel they are in and turn them in...............tourists smoking on the beach, rich kids writing on public places, Chinese taking a dump on the sidewalk..........the possibilities are endless.  We could turn this into a TVF  contest and keep score.:cheesy:

Crime, Neighborhood Watch, it's called back home, a darn good idea, and an effort to reverse the disrespect and indifference infecting today's entitled western culture.

5 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I may have found a new hobby, just follow some tourists around and wait for them to do something illegal, film it find out what hotel they are in and turn them in...............tourists smoking on the beach, rich kids writing on public places, Chinese taking a dump on the sidewalk..........the possibilities are endless.  We could turn this into a TVF  contest and keep score.:cheesy:

I would turn them in with no hesitation.

I moved to Thailand to get away from ignorant morons like that couple. I guarantee those idiots are on their facebook accounts now boasting about it to gain likes. They should have fined them 10000 baht and if can`t pay lock them up until they find the money or some mug pays for them. That will take the smirk off their stupid faces.  

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

I wouldn't overdo the apologies to your Thai neighbour given the amount of mindless crime there is in Thailand.  Every country has it's share of idiots and Thailand has them by the bucketful.  The two Americans were arrogant and stupid for doing what they did but most of us have been there at some time or another.

well i retired to  and they some what older than me yes we all do some silly things in life but years ago you get a bash on the ears from the police.and a good bear bending talk 

these days   i will keep  your comment in mind  happy days 

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

"and said they did it just for kicks"

She must have gone out and bought that giant green marker with intent to deface Thai public property, how does that give you kicks? I dont get it..

I hope she is made to clean it all off as well

More Mormons!

Edited by wavemanwww

Although it's perfectly Ok to plaster utility poles with advertising ranging from fixing flat tires to finding rather risque Karaoke bars. 
Bad, bad, bad foreigners.  But the shower massage down the street seems to be having a 'special' this week!  :smile:

Being a retired American here I will tell you all that knucklehead millennials like these two disrespectful, entitled morons is a large part of the reason why I moved out of the US.  They are an embarrassment just like the two special boys that bared their butts at the temple (which I they got arrested for 2 years previous in Cambodia but still felt like it's their right to be disrespectful), what a disgrace our youth are.  They think they are in California & can just walk across the street without looking & world will stop for them.  I was hoping to read about jail terms for all four.  That's my 2 baht's worth, I love living inThailand & assimilating to the culture & being respectful as a GUEST in this country.  The youth have no concept of being a guest, they feel that they are special & entitled, well they're not.

Sorry, can't help but comment on those posters who don't see anything wrong with this, those that think this is a form of modern art. First off, this isn't even graffiti, this is what is known as tagging, this is what these two idiots were doing. I concede that this is only my opinion, but I couldn't even imagine where the art is in "WOAH"

This stuff does nothing to brighten the streets up.....................

5743245098_191010b28c_b.jpg.d6924cc105eee50edd937b2973abde40.jpg

600_graffiti_1.jpg.9e943c8b3d7d726954af7272f37cd360.jpg

5742688271_42347db973_b.jpg.161f9415c4e38347711077a0f2db70ee.jpg

7264105896_3f6ddd30d0_b.jpg.9045281b25f5f6510659e32753287b44.jpg

Heavily_tagged_subway_car_in_NY.jpg.b91a59cb1112fdd58e3a19f4ef0c587f.jpg

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

I would turn them in with no hesitation.

I moved to Thailand to get away from ignorant morons like that couple. I guarantee those idiots are on their facebook accounts now boasting about it to gain likes. They should have fined them 10000 baht and if can`t pay lock them up until they find the money or some mug pays for them. That will take the smirk off their stupid faces.  

"you moved to thailand to get away from ignorant morons"

so hows life in the land of nobel laureates?

i want to stick myself with a pin to make sure i am not really asleep in a dream

8 hours ago, missoura said:

Forget the CCTV, living here is much like being in a goldfish bowl. I am always amazed how quickly the 'falangs' can be tracked down via the bamboo network.Regardless, I am glad that these kids have been tracked down.

Not kids...but Adults that should know better....I would suggest poor parental upbringing...

7 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

As long as they balance it with stupid Thai behaviour, it should make everyone feel that they are geniuses or saints because everyone on TV is. Wait! Who is that trophy GF (wife) you are walking with? 

10 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

2 things

He looks 19 yo. Must be on all organic food and avocado sandwiches from Starbucks.

Doesn't police require a passport? Would take any guesses about their names.

just lazy journalism, as usual the journalist cant be bothered to do any research.

They should consider themselves rather lucky they did this in Thailand and NOT in Singapore.

There was an American lad quite some years ago who made headlines around the world when he carried out some mindless Graffiti Work in SINGAPORE where,

for his trouble, he was not only fined but given a few strokes of the Famous RATTAN CANE.

Do-gooders around the world were  appalled but amazingly, I am given to understand that the fellow has NEVER AGAIN OFFENDED !