Super Cheap, Chillva Market caught in Phuket alcohol sales, promotion crackdown

snoop1130

Super Cheap, Chillva Market caught in Phuket alcohol sales, promotion crackdown

The Phuket News

1514366041_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- A Super Cheap store south of Phuket Town and the bars at the popular Chillva Market in Samkong are the first to be hit in a campaign by Phuket health officials to crack down on the laws regulating the sale and promotion of alcohol ahead of the New Year celebrations.

The manager of the Super Cheap store next to Dowroong Wittaya School was fined B3,000 for selling alcohol outside the permitted hours after officers from the Phuket Provincial Health Office (PPHO) presented themselves as regular customers just after 3pm yesterday (Dec 26) and were able to freely purchase alcohol.

“Our officers obtained a receipt that indicated the time of the purchase, which we needed to hand to the police as evidence when we filed a complaint at Phuket City Police Station asking the police to press charges,” explained Natpimon Na Nakorn, one of the health officials who led the “sting” operation.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/super-cheap-chillva-market-caught-in-phuket-alcohol-sales-promotion-crackdown-65303.php#wJlKlygbIdVktjkg.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-12-27

Worse, it was also discovered that the operators of the seven bars at the market were selling alcohol under the remit of licenses that expired last year.

“The bars alcohol licenses expired on December 31, 2016,” Ms Natpimon revealed today.

As the licences are all issued at the start of the year, how difficult would it be, say, at the end of January, to visit the premises that have not applied to renew their licence. If still operating, act then, not wait until the end of December !

Edited by Thaiwrath

One of the 7-11s in Kamala had the doors to the two beer chillers secured this afternoon and didn't open them until 1700 on the dot. As well as rigging the registers I guess it's easier for staff than knocking customers back, explaining the rules and having to replace the stock. It's not as if there aren't great big signs on the fridges as well- some people are just thick. See it in Big C all the time as well.  Works for me - if I time my shopping outside the hours it cuts back on booze.:smile: