High season in full swing in Pattaya

Rimmer

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:33 PM, Golden Triangle said:

This is Koh Kut beach January this year, I think that if Pattaya's beach happened to be somewhere close to this it would be a result, the water there is clean and clear and a joy to swim in, I think mine and others criticisms of the <deleted> is Pattaya beach are well justified. And as an aside, in the 6 and a bit years that I have lived here I have travelled extensively and I can assure you that Pattaya is one of the dirtiest places I have been to.   

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01016.JPG

If Pattaya were anywhere near there, it would soon look just like Pattaya does. Don't wish ill on the place- it looks near perfect, except for that damn longtail.

Is the trailer for a jetski? I hope not- paradise lost.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If Pattaya were anywhere near there, it would soon look just like Pattaya does. Don't wish ill on the place- it looks near perfect, except for that damn longtail.

Is the trailer for a jetski? I hope not- paradise lost.

Yeah I get your drift, but with work and commitment beaches could be returned to somewhere close to there original splendour, unfortunately that commitment doesn't extend to Pattaya City Hall. every morning we were there a few staff from each of the resorts cleaned the beach, The longtail was a local fisherman I think, and no jetski,s  the trailer was for the resorts laundry which was done in Trat I believe.   

On 2017-12-29 at 5:48 AM, JSixpack said:

Congrats that you were able to get that in so quickly! Our other bashers are left merely to echo that and chant the rest of the litany. Next up: the pavements.

TAT propaganda! We all know there's no high season.   

No high season?! Are you really trying to say that the city is fading in to a slow, slow death? I´ll dance a jig for that! :clap2:

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

No high season?! Are you really trying to say that the city is fading in to a slow, slow death? I´ll dance a jig for that! :clap2:

Really? You would celebrate businesses closing and people losing their liveliehoods? How bizarre.

Pattaya is packed to the gunnels just now and with major holidays in Russia this month and China next month it will stay busy for at least 2 more months.

Thousands of new hotel rooms will be opening over the course of this year. Perhaps some posters know more than established hotel chains do, but I doubt it.

Keep your dancing shoes in their box.

Edited by champers

39 minutes ago, Get Real said:

nope!

It is only TAT there want the Chinese if you ask the hotels they not happy because Chinese bad behavior and the Russian 555 low budget tourist 

No business can survive with 3 months high season and about Thailand make more hotel rooms it is a bubble there soon explose the economy is going down and it is not first time that happens 1997 remember 

Happy new year to all 

Frankly, I don't care if it's high-season or not.
Have been freezing my butt off for the last 2 months. This morning stept out of the house and fell flat on my snout (black ice). THAT DOES IT !
Will be in Pattaya the day after tomorrow, not going back before it warms up in Europe. Enjoing the balmy weather and hopping from temple to temple (what else?)
Cheers.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:35 AM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, does "high season" only last for about one month now?  If so, it must be difficult for businesses to survive for the remaining 11 months. 

The problem is the terminology. Tourist areas now break it down into "peak" season,

high season, shoulder season, low season as opposed to the formerly used, high season/low season. So now Dec. 15-Jan.15 is "peak season" :thumbsup:

Edited by Ulic

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

The Pattaya Perpetual Death Spiral is invoked yearly for such purposes.

Thailand is still a reasonably good deal generally and the pros still outweigh the cons...but it's not even close to the deal it used to be. Back in the day, like 1998-2005, it was party time. The reality today is a far cry from those golden times.

Just got back from a motorbike ride around the city.  It looks like most have left town.

But, I would say the past couple of weeks were the busiest I have ever seen.

So many families, babies in strollers.

I guess the "family" destination propaganda is starting to work.

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Just got back from a motorbike ride around the city.  It looks like most have left town.

A bit earlier and you could have watched the crowds leaving for Koh Larn. Otherwise we got a lot of folks still in bed. :wink: But many did come into town for Christmas and New Year's. See that mob in Central for the after-Christmas sales? Took advantage of it myself.

Reminds me of a doomster (you're not one!) some years ago revealing his Eyeballs "evidence" that he saw very few walking down Soi Diana early on a Sunday morning. Hey--everybody was attending indoor church services, man!

18 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Never heard of that one, but it seems that you are very well aware of it´s existance. Dance a lot? :cheesy:

I thought you were the one dancing, so you may look forward to many more years. And I've always admired a man who can dance while he's losing money. It's been fun to watch.

Pattaya Perpetual Death Spiral....

Or PPDS.  

Could be worth some type of medical benefit for the survivors.

I love the ring of it.

Maybe a movie.

Get G. Lucas to direct and he can hire that Luke skywalker dude from the latest movie.  He looks like an old washed up Falang alcoholic funneling his way down the spiral.

Shoot the end scenes in Chernobyl as some seem to think this place is going in that direction.

Should be a winner.

4 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Thailand is still a reasonably good deal generally and the pros still outweigh the cons...but it's not even close to the deal it used to be. Back in the day, like 1998-2005, it was party time. The reality today is a far cry from those golden times.

Spot on but I still love my Pattaya happy new year to all 

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

I thought you were the one dancing, so you may look forward to many more years. And I've always admired a man who can dance while he's losing money. It's been fun to watch.

You must be confused. Yeah, ok, I can dance fairly good. But why would I loose money at the same time. I thought it was the britons that were loosing money, but still try to dance to the party as well as possible. :cheesy:

And, sure! I am going to dance for a lot of years. Let´s just say that I ain´t worry so much about loosing money. I do believe it´s enough to be left over for the next generation.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

You must be confused.

No, so that's why you're asking me to clear up your confusion:

But why would I loose money at the same time.

Obvious, innit? If Pattaya's going downhill, you're losing by, most easily, not shorting the market in Pattaya-related shares. But doomsters never put their money where their mouth is. It's all just self-important posturing and hot air. When pressed, they'll claim they'd love to but "can't." Oh, but they can.

I thought it was the britons that were loosing money, but still try to dance to the party as well as possible. :cheesy:

No, you can do better. Love the self-congratulations, however. Keep up the dancin', man.

Let´s just say that I ain´t worry so much about loosing money. I do believe it´s enough to be left over for the next generation.

As I said, I admire a man dancing while he's "loosing" money. True of all of our doomsters, it seems, even the many experts who are renting cheap rooms off Soi Buakhao while issuing dire economic prognostications. They'll all come true someday, you see. (I can just never get an exact time.) Ironically, if instead of posturing (dancing?) they'd just invested in say, shares of CPN (developer of the doomed CentralFestival) then they'd have more than quadrupled their money since the mall opened. But I guess they have enough, though I dunno why you find them complaining about the rise in prices.

TVF doom predictions are an excellent reverse economic indicator, the Pattaya Doom Indicator© (PDI). Obversely, if our ace economists don't predict doom, as in the case of The Avenues, then it probably will fail. They're that shrewd, that wise.

Edited by JSixpack

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

No, so that's why you're asking me to clear up your confusion:

Obvious, innit? If Pattaya's going downhill, you're losing by, most easily, not shorting the market in Pattaya-related shares. But doomsters never put their money where their mouth is. It's all just self-important posturing and hot air. When pressed, they'll claim they'd love to but "can't." Oh, but they can.

No, you can do better. Love the self-congratulations, however. Keep up the dancin', man.

As I said, I admire a man dancing while he's "loosing" money. True of all of our doomsters, it seems, even the many experts who are renting cheap rooms off Soi Buakhao while issuing dire economic prognostications. They'll all come true someday, you see. (I can just never get an exact time.) Ironically, if instead of posturing (dancing?) they'd just invested in say, shares of CPN (developer of the doomed CentralFestival) then they'd have more than quadrupled their money since the mall opened. But I guess they have enough, though I dunno why you find them complaining about the rise in prices.

TVF doom predictions are an excellent reverse economic indicator, the Pattaya Doom Indicator© (PDI). Obversely, if our ace economists don't predict doom, as in the case of The Avenues, then it probably will fail. They're that shrewd, that wise.

Wow! I guess you are just too advanced for me. Keep on BS:ing. 

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Wow! I guess you are just too advanced for me. Keep on BS:ing. 

But if it's too advanced for you, how would you know what's BS and what isn't? Just let me know whether I may clear up any further confusion for you. It appears, though, that you're down to your last sad resort of mere flaming, as was utterly predictable. But that won't last long. Cheers!

Edited by JSixpack

Most of the German restaurants in Naklua are busy , so lots of Germans arrived for the new year, along with Russian familes. And yes, they are spending money on food in the restaurants.

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

But, I would say the past couple of weeks were the busiest I have ever seen.

So many families, babies in strollers.

I guess the "family" destination propaganda is starting to work.

Tons of families in the Naklua-Wongamat area.

Just now, newnative said:

Tons of families in the Naklua-Wongamat area.

I agree I actually spent a night up there a few days ago.

It is like a different world not talked about much on TVF.

And yes many German and Russian. I had no idea many places packed.

On 12/29/2017 at 12:26 PM, Enoon said:

It must be hard when your "only child" has to bear so much criticism.

What with its high profile among foreigners ensuring that it gets all the attention.

If you were to get out of Pattaya once in a while you would know that the comments about the "state" of Pattaya are completely justified.

Because Pattaya, in terms of its "environment", is no less of a s******* than any other provincial Thai city.

It's only worth visiting because of its historically famous "entertainment", which is especially "welcoming" to foreigners (in a way that it is not so "apparent" in other provincial Thai cities).

Oh yeah, the golf courses..........yeah......sure, everyone comes for the golf courses.

"It's only worth visiting because of its historically famous "entertainment", which is especially "welcoming" to foreigners"

That's saying a lot isn't it?

Begging your pardon, did you say famous or infamous?    :smile:

On 12/29/2017 at 4:35 PM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, does "high season" only last for about one month now?  If so, it must be difficult for businesses to survive for the remaining 11 months. 

Allow me to attempt to clear up this ever-present confusion over the high and low season in Pattaya. Pattaya does not have a distinct high and low season. That's not necessarily a bad thing as it has a steady flow of tourists all year around. Many people will point out that certain places (bars, hotels etc) are quiet but this is mainly because too many businesses were started and hotel rooms built in the first place. If tourist numbers doubled, 3 times as many new businesses would open, giving the impression it's still dead. People have been harping on about this ever since I arrived 12 years ago. Note the number of tourist markets, massage parlours, nail and hair salons, restaurants, coffee shops, beer bars and everything else in Pattaya. It's way over the top, but that's the wonder of Pattaya. Did anyone ever count the number of 7Elevens, Family Marts and other 24-hour express stores in Pattaya. It's ridiculous. It must be a world record.

There's nowhere on the planet quite like Pattaya. Some people love it, others hate it, but even the people who hate it never stop talking about it.

A lot will point out the absence of customers in beer bars and agogos. Don't panic. Those businesses are slowly being sidelined by the new tourist demographics. Indians, Chinese and Middle Eastern tourists aren't into beer bars and Agogos. For example, the Indian men like to hang out in 7Elevens and on the pavement outside. The Middle Eastern crowd have their own hangouts and restaurants as they don't like to mix with the rest of us (and the feeling is probably mutual).

Don't panic punters - Pattaya is alive and well - as dirty and as exciting as ever.

It's not a beach resort. It's an entertainment resort with a beach. If you're after pristine beaches with crystal clear water, look elsewhere.

On 29/12/2017 at 1:33 PM, Golden Triangle said:

This is Koh Kut beach January this year, I think that if Pattaya's beach happened to be somewhere close to this it would be a result, the water there is clean and clear and a joy to swim in, I think mine and others criticisms of the <deleted> is Pattaya beach are well justified. And as an aside, in the 6 and a bit years that I have lived here I have travelled extensively and I can assure you that Pattaya is one of the dirtiest places I have been to.   

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01016.JPG

Empty - boring and no tourists and no Thais trading or making a living. It is an Island not a large city.