Six people sentenced for criticising Chon Buri governor over long funeral lineups

rooster59

When everything goes smoothly, we don't need bosses, and the fat cats can pretend to be in charge.

But when there is a problem - in Thailand, Farangland, government, big busines - we would need competent bosses.

They are never there at those moments.

5 hours ago, malcoml said:

Where is the line drawn in the sand on this?

If I go to a restaurant and I'm served bad food and I post this online can I be thrown in jail. 

Yes, a food critic in well known newspaper got fined in a defamation lawsuit some 8 years ago. 

This was when Thailand was a "democracy". 

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

That’ll teach you to argue with and criticise your social superiors, peasants!

No. These people lied and intentionally sought to  defame the Governor. They were told to stop, but kept up spreading lies and falsehoods.

Good on the Governor for tracking these people down and prosecuting. It's about time the  instigators who spread false information are stopped.

40 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

No. These people lied and intentionally sought to  defame the Governor. They were told to stop, but kept up spreading lies and falsehoods.

Good on the Governor for tracking these people down and prosecuting. It's about time the  instigators who spread false information are stopped.

Firkin amazing.

Does anyone  remember the old Fox and Firkin of South London?

Lewisham...1986,I think..hmmm..

Well "Firkin amazing" was about the only thing that I thought about the long stay foreigners that I met in Isaan,.

They made the average Thai look like Einsteins.

What are you guys complaining about it is not like this is a new law, been around for ages. O for got need something to complain about

It was updated just over a year ago:

“First, under the original CCA, users risked unknowingly violating vague and constantly changing legal standards. The amendments have made this ambiguity even worse by effectively giving the government a “blank check” to press CCA charges against any dissidents. Section 14 in particular gives too much power to the state to judge the (il)legality of various digital actions, with a list of increasingly vague crimes like disseminating “obscene” data or creating “false” information that is “likely” to threaten “national security, public safety….or public infrastructure serving the national interest.””

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/12/amended-computer-crime-act-and-state-internet-freedoms-thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, Orac said:

It was updated just over a year ago:

“First, under the original CCA, users risked unknowingly violating vague and constantly changing legal standards. The amendments have made this ambiguity even worse by effectively giving the government a “blank check” to press CCA charges against any dissidents. Section 14 in particular gives too much power to the state to judge the (il)legality of various digital actions, with a list of increasingly vague crimes like disseminating “obscene” data or creating “false” information that is “likely” to threaten “national security, public safety….or public infrastructure serving the national interest.””

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/12/amended-computer-crime-act-and-state-internet-freedoms-thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's the ticket-well done!

It's the law!To criticize anyone...

Were you perchance around for Kristallnacht in  1938?

Far too many Germans,Tedeschi,Allemans in Thailand in 2017.

We used to call them Huns....

Edited by Odysseus123