New Year revellers allowed to set off fireworks

rooster59

New Year revellers allowed to set off fireworks

By The Nation

The chief of the National Council for Peace and Order has issued an order to allow New Year revellers to light fireworks from 11pm on New Year’s Eve to 1am on New Year’s Day, government spokesman Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said.

He said Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha issued order No 54/2560 to allow people to set off fireworks during the period without the need to seek prior permission from the authorities.

But people who want to launch traditional northeastern-style bamboo rockets and floating lanterns must seek approval in accordance with the NCPO’s chief order No 27/2559.

Sansern said the lighting of fireworks must not take place near royal villas, oil depots, petrol stations, hospitals or airports

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335111

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-30

No worry's gang, we will do some for you here, as we have a very big box of giant fireworks and guess what no cops will come around when I start letting them off at midnight x24. Ask permission to let of fireworks what a load of S>>>, next you will have to get permission to make love bloody idiots

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

With early signs of road kill going down the junta thoughtfully wants to arm drunks with fireworks to boost hospital numbers happy new year .

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

With early signs of road kill going down the junta thoughtfully wants to arm drunks with fireworks to boost hospital numbers happy new year .

I think you are confusing allowing with “arming”.......... but anything else wouldn’t suit your @genda, would it ?

Edited by Jip99

9 minutes ago, The manic said:

There is hope yet. Fireworks are visual orgasms!

Not quite the analogy that would have chosen.....?

Champagne popping does it for me from a visual perspective.

Edited by Jip99

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha issued order No 54/2560 to allow people to set off fireworks during the period without the need to seek prior permission from the authorities.

I am actually awaiting order 55/2560 as I am busting to defecate but not sure if under current regulations that is allowed.

We all clearly need his guidance.

Ahhh, too late, looks like a shower and some attitude (or bowel) adjustment for me.

"The chief of the National Council for Peace and Order has issued an order to allow New Year revellers to light fireworks from 11pm on New Year’s Eve to 1am on New Year’s Day, government spokesman Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said.

He said Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha issued order No 54/2560 to allow people to set off fireworks during the period without the need to seek prior permission from the authorities."

Are they so lacking in self-awareness that they think this 'concession' will actually be gratefully received by the plebs and earn them future acclaim? Does the grass also need a beaurocratic directive in order to grow?

58 minutes ago, baboon said:

Are they so lacking in self-awareness that they think this 'concession' will actually be gratefully received by the plebs and earn them future acclaim? Does the grass also need a beaurocratic directive in order to grow?

No it doesn't...

Fireworks going off today at 4pm (don't quite get the timing) from kanchaphisek bridge....business as usual.

14 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Edit: Oziex1 above beat me to it. (Cannot figure multi-quote here).

He forgot to add .....ahhh bugger. Here ya go.

-----------------

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's hilarious!

Edited by jaywalker

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

order to allow New Year revellers to light fireworks from 11pm on New Year’s Eve to 1am on New Year’s Day

Doesn't it feel that Prayut has trivialized the power of Article 44?

Now he doesn't bother to even justify its use.

Just wondering.....

environmental damages by setting fireworks off on the beach vs environmental damage by smoking on the beach

if breathing the emissions of either is a rational choice, then I would rather breath the emissions from the banned source

Oh well.... you get that... f knows why... but there you go

Bought a selection in Hat Yai the other day, always surprises me how freely available explosives are despite being next to a war zone. You need to register to buy a SIM for the phone but a kilo of gunpowder, no problem.

Fireworks2017.jpg

13 hours ago, worrab said:

Do not believe everything you read. Have just had the Police round to say that fireworks are NOT allowed. So does anyone know what the hell is going on?? 

An update to this fiasco is we had a phone call at 23.00 to say we were allowed to set off fireworks.

Left hand, right hand syndrome.