Agencies ‘must verify alleged photo of Yingluck’

rooster59

Agencies ‘must verify alleged photo of Yingluck’

By THE NATION

535db06a0cdd220fcccb7d545677b69a-sld.jpeg

Photo from NEW18 TV Facebook

CONCERNED agencies must investigate a recently released photo that claims to be of former PM Yingluck Shinawatra strolling in London, the junta’s governing body said yesterday.

The photo was released by New18 TV yesterday, resulting in the National Council for Peace and Order’s (NCPO) spokesman staff Maj-General Piyapong Klingpan calling on concerned agencies to do their job and investigate the matter. Busadee Santipitaks, director-general of the Department of Information and spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, meanwhile said the ministry has learned about the matter from the media, and has so far not obtained any further information in regard to the report. 

Yingluck fled the country a few days before the Supreme Court was set to rule in August in a case against her of dereliction of duty over her government’s rice pledging scheme. She has not been seen in public since.

The Court on September 27 sentenced her to five years without suspension for malfeasance of duty.

Her four passports have been revoked, while concerned agencies have been trying to identify her location and have her arrested.

She reportedly fled to London after stopping in Dubai.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30335113

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-31

What a hooey of a story, you mean to say that the mighty Thai police

having problems knowing where such high profile person is?

where are all the Thai secrete service are?

napping? how hard is to find her or any of her

companion or entourage persons? simply put, there are people in high

places that doesn't want her to be found, not yet anyway, so the play silly

buggers and being coy....

Edited by ezzra

11 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And of course they don't talk any more about asking for a red notice to be issued. :smile:

4 minutes ago, Tradewind777 said:

I don’t see a resemblance and they look frankly pretty scruffy for HiSos.

Agreed.  Although there is a good resemblance, her posture and hair are all wrong for Yingluck. This woman does not look 50 years old either.  Yinglucks Chinese face, though very pretty, is not uncommon.

Someone. who doesn't want to be named. has taken a crappy photo of an Asian lady and said it could be Yingluck, and is hoping to make money selling the photo. I will try the same thing in Perth tomorrow ! Maybe she is in Australia now !!

21 hours ago, Seismic said:

I wasn't aware that Thai's could have 4 passports at the same time ????

Most countries, including Thailand, will allow citizens more than one passport (she had standard passports and Diplomatic passports) if they can justify them either because of their status and/or the places that they need to travel to.

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Most countries, including Thailand, will allow citizens more than one passport (she had standard passports and Diplomatic passports) if they can justify them either because of their status and/or the places that they need to travel to.

Yes, I am fully aware that a 'few' countries allow more than a single passport. I have two myself. However one standard and one diplomatic should be enough, I dont see how you can justify more than that. The UK is one of the few countries that allow two 'full' ten year passports to be held simultaneously but a good reason has to be given. Other countries like the US and Australia allow a second passport but it is only valid for shorter period (in the case of the US one to four years).

On 31/12/2017 at 5:43 AM, ezzra said:

Thai secret service......

I lol'd

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

Thai secret service......

I lol'd

Somchai Bond sighed, and straightened his Gucci ¾ length cargo pants, slipping out of his John Lobb flip flops. This mission to London was going to be tough, but “P” had said it was vital for the happiness of the nation. He had even intimated that, if successful, there might be a new hi-so watch in it for him; after all, hadn't his sidekick, also (confusingly) known as “P” got a few that he might need to get rid off?. He motioned to the waitress, and ordered another Mekong Soda to go with his somtam – shaken not stirred. The waitress was new, and hadn't understood his first order – shaking the somtam had caused some problems in the kitchen!

Outside his vintage supercharged “Thailand Tuk Tuk” glinted in the evening sun. The extra chrome lighting bars, with the random flashing green blue and violet lights (designed to confuse pursuing agents of evil), caught the last rays. True it had lost some of its lustre, (and quite a lot of its power) since he had tried to emulate James Bond's Lotus by driving it underwater in the khlong. The top had come off the 2T oil tank, and it had emulsified leading to significant performance problems. Never mind, if he managed to track down “Y”, and find out just what she had been shopping for, maybe “P” would authorise “Q” to issue him that special Isuzu pick up he had been working on!

It was a good thing, he mused as the girl returned with his freshly shaken Mekong Soda, froth all over her face and hair, that he had paid attention to that old Farang teacher back when he was in P5, otherwise he wouldn't have known what all those initials meant...

Edited by JAG

1 hour ago, Seismic said:

Yes, I am fully aware that a 'few' countries allow more than a single passport. I have two myself. However one standard and one diplomatic should be enough, I dont see how you can justify more than that. The UK is one of the few countries that allow two 'full' ten year passports to be held simultaneously but a good reason has to be given. Other countries like the US and Australia allow a second passport but it is only valid for shorter period (in the case of the US one to four years).

"Yes, I am fully aware that a 'few' countries allow more than a single passport. I have two myself. However one standard and one diplomatic should be enough..."

So, assuming that one of your passports isn't a Diplomatic one, why is one not enough for you yet you don't see how more than one can be justified for other people?

"The UK is one of the few countries that allow two 'full' ten year passports to be held simultaneously but a good reason has to be given".

That's what I said ("...if they can justify them...).

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Yes, I am fully aware that a 'few' countries allow more than a single passport. I have two myself. However one standard and one diplomatic should be enough..."

So, assuming that one of your passports isn't a Diplomatic one, why is one not enough for you yet you don't see how more than one can be justified for other people?

"The UK is one of the few countries that allow two 'full' ten year passports to be held simultaneously but a good reason has to be given".

That's what I said ("...if they can justify them...).

Second passports are usually given so that the traveller has the opportunity to apply for visa's while still having another passport for travel, or to ensure that you dont have stamps from a country that may go against you travelling somewhere else.  I had two for that express reason. I was constantly travelling to different countries and sometimes had to have one passport with me while another was getting a visa. My point was I never needed more than two, in over 37 years of globetrotting, so I cannot really see a reason why anyone else would. I mentioned diplomatic passports because I am sure that Yingluck had one. I also thought I made it plain that I could not see the need for more than two, but obviously i forgot about the mentality of many posters here.

4 hours ago, Seismic said:

Second passports are usually given so that the traveller has the opportunity to apply for visa's while still having another passport for travel, or to ensure that you dont have stamps from a country that may go against you travelling somewhere else.  I had two for that express reason. I was constantly travelling to different countries and sometimes had to have one passport with me while another was getting a visa. My point was I never needed more than two, in over 37 years of globetrotting, so I cannot really see a reason why anyone else would. I mentioned diplomatic passports because I am sure that Yingluck had one. I also thought I made it plain that I could not see the need for more than two, but obviously i forgot about the mentality of many posters here.

I'm well aware of the reasons for some people needing a second passport.

You said that you could not see the need for more than two passports yet Yingluck did not have more than two normal passports.  She had two Diplomatic passports also that she and everyone else in her position is entitled to.  

You know where you can stick your comment about my mentality (as though you're in a position to critique that), don't you?