Pattaya cop defends his action as shot fired in 7/11 altercation

webfact

Pattaya cop defends his action as shot fired in 7/11 altercation

A28356AF-FF91-4C6D-8901-259BD13DB031.jpeg

Picture: 77Jowo

A Pattaya policeman has defended his actions after he pulled out a gun while arresting a drunk teen outside a 7/11 in South Pattaya on New Year's Day.

Wirawat Thamrongtharaphat said that he was passing and saw a group of teens arguing so he went over to sort it out.

He produced his truncheon and said that a group of the man's friends emerged from the convenience store and started to threaten him for going over the top.

He then produced his gun and fired.. He said he fired into an empty space not directly into the air

He was slightly hurt in the melee and the drunk teen was cuffed and taken in on a charge of drunk and disorderly behavior.

He said that he would not be a true cop is he just passed by and did nothing.

Earlier a Facebook post on the page of Pongsakon G'Golf Phoungpet had questioned the police response.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-02

One of the better stories I've heard was from my mate in Pattaya, at his Darkside local for a few beers and football when a handful of inebriated Thais came in, got loud and obnoxious.  Madam bar owner called her local BiB brown envelope collector, who showed up on a Hello Kitty Scoopi, drunk, bottle of beer in hand, wearing sandals, skin tight police uniform trousers, disheveled t-shirt, service pistol strapped on like John Wayne.  

Weaved his way into the bar, waved his beer bottle at the group, issued a slurred command for them to leave, and they did.

John Wayne re-mounted his Scoopi and wobbled away in traffic.  Sorted!  :crazy:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said that he would not be a true cop is he just passed by and did nothing

+5 points for having the right idea.  -20 points on execution.  Would of been much better had he sailed on by and did nothing.

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

+5 points for having the right idea.  -20 points on execution.  Would of been much better had he sailed on by and did nothing.

Yes, obviously that would have been a bright idea.

In your eyes, that is.

1 minute ago, hansnl said:

Yes, obviously that would have been a bright idea.

In your eyes, that is.

Given how the cop handled this situation, and himself in particular..... yes, sailing on by would have been a better scenario.  Luckily nobody was injured or killed by this moron.  "True Cop" my arse. 

41 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm not rocket scientist but all these people firing bullets into the air seem totally ignorant of the fact they come down somewhere. Cue CSA Pattaya on next unexplained bullet death

fell from balcony (with bullet wound to the head)

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

if that was the USA it would have been one dead teenager

Nah he'd have called for back up & 20 cops would have been there post-haste. A few tasers & some mace & ALL the kids would have gone to the slammer.

STUPID cop for approaching a group alone.

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm not rocket scientist but all these people firing bullets into the air seem totally ignorant of the fact they come down somewhere. Cue CSA Pattaya on next unexplained bullet death

Except he didn't fire it into the air according to the report.

I agree that this incident in Thailand resulted in a gun being discharged and the

teen did not have a bullet or bullets in his body. In many parts of the USA if the

teen was nicknamed midnight, this would have a different news story headline.

Another teen dies in a hale of bullets, more at 11.

Geezer