Man "racing on the highway" dies after Civic cut in two by tree

webfact

Man "racing on the highway" dies after Civic cut in two by tree

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police believe that a man was having a race with another vehicle on a road notorious for speeding in Bangkok before he lost control, mounted the footpath and slammed into a tree.

Por Teck Tung medics had to cut 41 year old Thaweesak Premphone from the driver's seat of his white Honda Civic after the crash around 11pm last night on the Prasertmanukit road outbound 100 meters from the Sukhontawat intersection.

He had broken legs, arms and neck and was dead. His vehicle was virtually cut in two.

A witness told the Khok Khram police that the Civic had been racing with a Toyota Vigo pick-up truck that left the scene of the accident.

They said that the Civic had swerved for some reason at high speed with the driver losing control.

Police are looking for the driver of the Vigo as investigations continue.

But police strongly suspect that the victim was racing with the driver of the Vigo, reported Daily News.

Thaivisa notes that the wide dual carriageway from Kaset to Nawamin is well known in the northern Bangkok area as a road where drivers do speed tests, especially at night, and sometimes race. 

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-04

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Happy to read that this problem solved itself.

Maybe keep the BiB away, plant some more trees, and communicate clearly there are no speed cameras there.

2 hours ago, Eddie Charles said:

I'm deeply concerned about the tree. 

Yep, excellent point,.... 1 mother <deleted> less in Thailand, on the way to hell.

30 minutes ago, Eddie Charles said:

I'm deeply concerned about the tree. 

The Darwinian theory yet again.   There are motorcyclists trying similar stunts on a main road in Chiang Mai around midnight.

They'll never be caught  -  it's after sunset.

Sure glad it wasn't anyone I know or love.   

Reveling in another human being's death is pretty despicable, even if they did die doing something stupid and dangerous.

They left behind families who will be grieving horribly.  And here we have people joking about how glad they are.

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Reveling in another human being's death is pretty despicable, even if they did die doing something stupid and dangerous.

They left behind families who will be grieving horribly.  And here we have people joking about how glad they are.

You might feel differently if he hit and killed a member of your family instead of himself. If he is too juvenile to know the danger he posed to himself and more importantly to others then the world is better off without him. He was an inconsiderate idiot who had no business being in charge of a potential killing machine.

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You might feel differently if he hit and killed a member of your family instead of himself. If he is too juvenile to know the danger he posed to himself and more importantly to others then the world is better off without him. He was an inconsiderate idiot who had no business being in charge of a potential killing machine.

Did you read he took someone else out, I mean with two legs..?

2 hours ago, impulse said:

You misunderstood, I wasn't joking, morons like him and his ilk have no right using the public highway as their own private racetrack. Unfortunately too many do, and innocent people die and innocent families are left to pick up the pieces. 

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I can't sad I pitty him or his family I actually happy this morron died think if if kill someone you love my parents get killed because of a stupid man as him 

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I can't sad I pitty him or his family I actually happy this morron died think if if kill someone you love my parents get killed because of a stupid man as him 

Over the years, I've been to the funerals of several kids and adults who were killed driving drunk and driving recklessly. 

Thank God none of you were at those funerals, showing the kind of compassion being exhibited here.  And I hope none of them show up at your loved one's funeral, even if they've wrapped themselves around a tree doing something stupid.  And make no mistake.  We, and most of our loved ones have done something stupid in our lives. 

But I guess it's just the strangers who deserve to die for it.

Edited by impulse

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

One less moron on the roads, good news all around I would say.

Not for the team who had to cut the bloody mess out of the car or the crew who had to take the remains to the hospital.

They are the people who get my admiration.

As for the idiot in the Honda Civic, som nam na.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Next time their families will try to raise or marry less stupid "humans".