PM slams media for ‘creating confusion’

webfact

PM slams media for ‘creating confusion’

By THE NATION

4f0fc8172e067b6aa9c6917178c14ba4.jpeg

THE PRIME minister yesterday blamed the mass media for what he called “the public’s confusion”, saying they focused too much on gossip, backbiting and social media.

General Prayut Chan-o-cha, who also serves as chief of the ruling junta National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), said the confusion undermined his government’s efforts to tackle major issues.

“The efforts to deal with big issues have not succeeded. It’s because of lack of confidence in the government, and this affects the government’s stability,” he said.

“People have been confused and they ask what they had gained after three years of this government. What have you done over the past three years? You have to look at this point,” he told journalists at Government House.

85d8d48f76c22dcccf5eb54dd61334e0.jpeg

Journalists at the Government House beat take selfie shots with PM Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday.

The prime minister hosted a New Year event for media representatives, which was also attended by many Cabinet members. 

Prayut said the needs of people in the country must not be ignored. “If they didn’t want me to solve their problems, I would not have been allowed to be here until today,” he added.

The prime minister also criticised the country’s mass media for presenting little of substance, with much of its content based on gossip and useless issues from social media.

But Prayut said he did not consider himself an enemy of the media, although he asked them to change their attitude “like everybody else”.

During his lecture, the prime minister also displayed newspapers that he had read, criticising the headlines on their front pages.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30335424

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-05

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

“If they didn’t want me to solve their problems, I would not have been allowed to be here until today,” he added.

BS since criticising Big P is practically against the law.

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

During his lecture,

Pretty much sums up how he acts and considers himself to be superior to all

Edited by SABloke

“If they didn’t want me to solve their problems, I would not have been allowed to be here until today,” he added.

Really ? The reason you are still where you are is because you got that Article 44 and military courts.. Not through being the most popular dic@#@or Thailand has ever seen :)

Clown 

I am with his grumpiness on this one. There is too much freedom of the press, confusing people by publishing facts and identifying wrongdoers. They are giving alternative viewpoints and are clearly not folowing the party line.

They need to be closed down and replaced by someone like this lady.

I like her open and honest style.

images (1).jpeg

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

That General on the right is going to need a bigger chest

to get all his ribbons on, Thai generals asking "What shop did you buy those from "

regards worgeordie

Geordie, go on any market here you can buy the strips with the medal ribbons on for 200 baht.

So it looks like he has spent 1 thousand baht to fill up his chest.

Those ribbons are supposed to be for campaign medals, how many campaigns has Thailand been involved in in recent years? Answer not a lot.

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Geordie, go on any market here you can buy the strips with the medal ribbons on for 200 baht.

Those ribbons are supposed to be for campaign medals, how many campaigns has Thailand been involved in in recent years? Answer not a lot.

Don't overlook the twice yearly road safety campaign and who can forget the major campaign against Wat Dhammakaya.

35 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

That General on the right is going to need a bigger chest

to get all his ribbons on, Thai generals asking "What shop did you buy those from "

regards worgeordie

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I believe that General on the right is a  United States National Guard General.  I imagine that in his case, those decorations are genuine.  

800px-thumbnail.jpg

(Some uniformed Thai school teachers get the ribbons for showing up to class.)

Edited by ratcatcher

8 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I believe that General on the right is a  United States National Guard General.  I imagine that in his case, those decorations are genuine.  

800px-thumbnail.jpg

(Some uniformed Thai school teachers get the ribbons for showing up to class.)

My wife is a school director, when she wears her uniform (mondays) she has her ribbons on.

She paid 200 baht for them on a local market.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

THE PRIME minister yesterday blamed the mass media for what he called “the public’s confusion”, saying they focused too much on gossip, backbiting and social media.

Just what do you think is going to happen after the election? You think you are hard done by now?

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes they have They went on a drink driving campain

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That General on the right ...

... is US General Martin Dempsey during his visit to Bangkok (2012).

https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

Served as the 18th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from October 1, 2011 until September 25, 2015. Awarded Bronze Star with Valor, Defense Distinguished Service Medal, Army Distinguished Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Air Force Distinguished Service Medal, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Dempsey

Not a fake.

The main problem is that the General's achievements since the coup are mainly in his own mind and he cannot understand why the media do not reflect on them on a daily basis.  Any confusion is caused by the Government constantly making statements or giving orders and then back-tracking on them.

As he is the Commander-in-Chief in this country and holds unrestricted power due to Article 44, he is responsible for everything that happens in the country which is carried out by the military, the police and all officials dealing with the economy.   The following matters can therefore be laid at his door:

1. The lack of investigation into the excessive wealth of top officials

2. The failure to arrest the errant monk(s), despite using thousands of troops and police in alleged attempts.

3. The convenient disappearance of Yingluck.

4. The Hua HIn Park corruption scandal and the Army's decision that the Army's actions were all above board.

5. The apparent lack of any progress in the Rolls Royce corruption scandal.

6. The lack of transparency in the Prawit watch(es) scandal and investigation into his excessive wealth.

7. The lack of transparency and confusion regarding the death of at least one army recruit.

8.  The lack of any progress in the Red Bull Heir case.

9. The official verdict into the death of the Phuket land official while in custody.

10.The lack of transparency in the purchase of the submarines from China. whose usefulness is in question.

11.Lack of resolution into the purchase of hundreds of fire engines which are rusting away in store.

12.Lack of information about the hundreds of buses purchased but apparently not in use due to duty problems.

13.The very selective raiding of red-light establishments in Pattaya and elsewhere.

14.The fact that it is rarely the true owners of the above establishments who are arrested.

15.The horrific road carnage is only dealt with in any meaningful way at New Year and Songkran.

16. Despite the high income from tourism, it appears that little is done to improve sewage and waste disposal.

17.The economy is lagging behind other Asian countries.

18.The ongoing and apparently never-ending "road map" to elections.

19.The way in which the new Constitution is designed to ensure that the military maintains its hold on power.  

20. The fact that only fairly minor criminals involved in drug and people trafficing seem to end up in jail. 

I feel sure that other posters might be able to add a few more to my list and it goes without saying that Steven100 will be along shortly to shoot every one of them down in flames and explain how the PM has done a wonderful job in every respect, or that they were not his responsibility.

Edited by Retiredandhappyhere
Correct spelling of person's name

17 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

The main problem is that the General's achievements since the coup are mainly in his own mind and he cannot understand why the media do not reflect on them on a daily basis.  Any confusion is caused by the Government constantly making statements or giving orders and then back-tracking on them.

As he is the Commander-in-Chief in this country and holds unrestricted power due to Article 44, he is responsible for everything that happens in the country which is carried out by the military, the police and all officials dealing with the economy.   The following matters can therefore be laid at his door:

2. The failure to arrest the errant monk(s), despite using thousands of troops and police in alleged attempts.

4. The Hua HIn Park corruption scandal and the Army's decision that the Army's actions were all above board.

6. The lack of transparency in the Prawit watch(es) scandal and investigation into his excessive wealth.

7. The lack of transparency and confusion regarding the death of at least one army recruit.

9. The official verdict into the death of the Phuket land official while in custody.

10.The lack of transparency in the purchase of the submarines from China. whose usefulness is in question.

11.Lack of resolution into the purchase of hundreds of fire engines which are rusting away in store.

12.Lack of information about the hundreds of buses purchased but apparently not in use due to duty problems.

13.The very selective raiding of red-light establishments in Pattaya and elsewhere.

14.The fact that it is rarely the true owners of the above establishments who are arrested.

15.The horrific road carnage is only dealt with in any meaningful way at New Year and Songkran.

16. Despite the high income from tourism, it appears that little is done to improve sewage and waste disposal.

19.The way in which the new Constitution is designed to ensure that the military maintains its hold on power.  

20. The fact that only fairly minor criminals involved in drug and people trafficing seem to end up in jail. 

I feel sure that other posters might be able to add a few more to my list and it goes without saying that Steven100 will be along shortly to shoot every one of them down in flames and explain how the PM has done a wonderful job in every respect, or that they were not his responsibility.

steven who?  :whistling:

17 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

A shame I can only give you one thumbs up.

On 1/5/2018 at 7:40 AM, webfact said:

“The efforts to deal with big issues have not succeeded. It’s because of lack of confidence in the government,

least he admitted it; still, just boils down into the time-worn thai habit of blaming others