Tourist visa confusion...

Posting this on behalf of a friend who's not on the internet...

British passport, age 60+

Came to Thailand just over 2 months ago with a 2 month tourist visa (staying in Pattaya)...

Last week extended his visa for another 30 days at Jomtien immigration....

His plan was as the extension is expiring to do a border run to Cambodia and get another 30 days (and then extend that at Jomtien immigration for a final 30 days before going home)...

So he goes to a visa run company only to be told "maximum 15 days on border runs" - decides to get a second opinion and is told, he will get 30 days !

My question to you learned folk:

If he does the Cambodia visa run - will he get 15 or 30 days ?

does he have to take money with him to show the immigration officials ? - if so - how much ??

And lastly - Regardless of weather he gets 15 or 30 days - can he still extend at Jomtien immigration for a futher 30 days ?

Thanks in advance.

He will get a 30 day entry. It has been 30 days for over a year now. The 15 day entry rule was rescinded when the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossings went into effect.

He should not need to show any money on entry.

He can extend the 30 days for 30 days at immigration in Jomtien.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Argus Tuft said:

UK passport, 30 days on land entry has been in place for far longer than a year from memory - or am I missing something here?

That is correct. UK is one of the G7 countries. But to end the confusion, the 15 day rule for other countries, was last used december 2016.

• Thanks 1

On 5.1.2018 at 8:58 AM, natway09 said:

He may only get 15 days & yes, have 15,000 Bht on your person.

Regardless of the law land border crossings are still up to the admitting officer.

At Mae Sot only  15 but another given  after 14 days

As pointed, you are wrong, but I just wonder where you have the amount 15.000 bath from?

It is 10.000 and 20.000 bath that has been discussed in this matter, as far as I know.

Edited by thaibreaker