DPM Prawit ready to support PM should he enter politics

webfact

DPM Prawit ready to support PM should he enter politics

BANGKOK, 9th January 2018 (NNT) – Deputy Prime Minister Gen. Prawit Wongsuwon has expressed his readiness to support the Prime Minister should he decide to enter politics, in the future. 

Gen. Prawit Wongsuwon, who is also the Minister of the Interior, said that Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha’s declaration of his status as a politician was a personal view, which he is not sharing. 

Gen. Prawit confirmed that he is not a politician and is only in political office for now while assuring the public that he has no plans to contest any elections. 

As for the PM, Gen. Prawit said that he will always stand ready to support any future decision by Gen. Prayut to enter politics although he has never spoken about such a possibility with the Premier as yet. 

In related news, the deputy prime minister declined to answer reporters’ questions about his latest clarification of his controversial possession of luxury watches and a diamond ring to the National Anti-Corruption Commission, but said that the matter is the anti-graft agency’s to work on and asked journalists not to amplify the attacks against him that have been spreading on social media.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-01-09

"Gen. Prawit confirmed that he is not a politician and is only in political office for now while assuring the public that he has no plans to contest any elections. ", well that's very good news,doubt he would get

elected anyway.

regards worgeordie

Just now, davehowden said:

" DPM Prawit ready to support PM should he enter politics"

Talk about "kiss of death".

That is for sure.. Prayut whos is grumpy and the worst public relations figure ever is at least reasonably clean (not his family) except for a few puppies but to be allied with this tainted guy would not be a good thing.

Heaven help Thailand if those 2 are ever elected.

Since the coup there has been endless talk about curbing corruption, yet it continues unabated.

You only have to look at the BS being spouted about expensive watches, to see it is all BS.

He's thinking about where his next watch is coming from.  If he doesn't enter politics it will be interesting to view his declaration of assets in  six years after them going up by FIVE million a year since he took office on a stipend of less than 200,000 a year.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Heaven help Thailand if those 2 are ever elected.

Since the coup there has been endless talk about curbing corruption, yet it continues unabated.

You only have to look at the BS being spouted about expensive watches, to see it is all BS.

'. . . yet it continues unabated.' . . . . like an incurable disease is the picture that's building in my mind. Bloody sad.

He says he isn't, I'll take that as he is. 

As for those concerned about these guys being elected, they are already in power, what they do today they will continue to do. Unless the Shins have a stunning strategy to thwart the moves of the currently unelected and their agenda to block anything that may resemble a democracy.

Get used to them.

The current government have done wonders for my local area, so I will not be too worried if they continue. Sure, people complain about corruption, but what government in Thailand isn't corrupt to some degree? Speaking of corruption, it is purely because these guys are in charge that the local truck companies have to pay the road tax to fix the pot holes in my area, instead of paying that tax to the police department instead to look after them. 

Of course, many reasons exist why they shouldn't remain in power also. But it isn't all doom and gloom for every corner of the country like repetitive negative members on this forum seem to imply. Our local areas budget has doubled, now has running water, free nursery with dental checkup, canals for farmers, roads with lines, 2 new markets, free wifi at exercise/meetings point, rice research lab, juvenile prison and looks like immigration will move here (already had their meet and greet party with the Tessaban, just need to finalise things).

Why? As the local member (ex-Army) bypasses other government departments and gets projects straight from the top (other ex-/Army in the Ministries). That means not having to hand out % of the budget to other departments (corruption) and the budget actually going into the project - no wonder the budget has doubled from the previous elected local members. 

Edited by wildewillie89

16 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

The current government have done wonders for my local area, so I will not be too worried if they continue. Sure, people complain about corruption, but what government in Thailand isn't corrupt to some degree? Speaking of corruption, it is purely because these guys are in charge that the local truck companies have to pay the road tax to fix the pot holes in my area, instead of paying that tax to the police department instead to look after them. 

Of course, many reasons exist why they shouldn't remain in power also. But it isn't all doom and gloom for every corner of the country like repetitive negative members on this forum seem to imply. Our local areas budget has doubled, now has running water, free nursery with dental checkup, canals for farmers, roads with lines, 2 new markets, free wifi at exercise/meetings point, rice research lab, juvenile prison and looks like immigration will move here (already had their meet and greet party with the Tessaban, just need to finalise things).

Why? As the local member (ex-Army) bypasses other government departments and gets projects straight from the top (other ex-/Army in the Ministries). That means not having to hand out % of the budget to other departments (corruption) and the budget actually going into the project - no wonder the budget has doubled from the previous elected local members. 

Great post, but them doing things fast could be similar to election's handout....

Would they really be serious about reforming the country, why not fix the local members.

44 minutes ago, CantSpell said:

Great post, but them doing things fast could be similar to election's handout....

Would they really be serious about reforming the country, why not fix the local members.

I think it's more that he actually works, as silly as that sounds. I'm sure we have all been in and around government buildings, on the most part they are pretty cruisy places to work. He goes off Army work ethic it seems, so basically what we consider slightly less than normal work ethic, rather than working half a day a week lol. 

Our Mayor also has a very 'i don't care who you are, the law is the law' attitude. So gets frequent complaints from corrupt officials (police threatened him not long back re Road tax), but obviously nothing can come from it whilst the Army are at the top. Whereas many Mayors would be quite easily bullied into submission by other departments.

A lot of it from a local point of view I think is pure lack of education. Most local elected members either don't know what projects are available to them or can't be bothered doing the work to secure them. So maybe more advertising/training re projects could be beneficial for the country, and will get people forcing their elected members to work harder. 

Edited by wildewillie89

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister Gen. Prawit Wongsuwon has expressed his readiness to support the Prime Minister should he decide to enter politics

"I shall support him with my ability to tell the correct time, even more than once, should he need it."

3 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

local area,   ?? please

Just now, Lamkyong said:

sorry i meant which   Municipality/area

Province is Chaiyaphum. The Mayor in question has been ranked top 20 of the 8,500+ Mayors in the country regarding development of his area two years in a row and has since been elected by all Mayors in the province to represent them. Has also been chosen to watch over the police (hence forcing truck companies to pay road taxes). 

1 minute ago, wildewillie89 said:

Province is Chaiyaphum. The Mayor in question has been ranked top 20 of the 8,500+ Mayors in the country regarding development of his area two years in a row and has since been elected by all Mayors in the province to represent them. Has also been chosen to watch over the police (hence forcing truck companies to pay road taxes). 

thanks  i asked because  in the Kalasin area  we have been waiting  for the new office news

but so far to avail

12 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

yes

You could be waiting a while. The system is quite slow and has a lot of in fighting. 

Municipalities with government land go into a bidding war against each other basically. Bidding is based on strategic positioning, land, how close land is to the bigger cities, who you know, what you have to pay, the usual wonderful stuff in Thai. 

The Governor will look at all the applicants and choose one municipality to then be presented to Immigration. If Immigration don't like it then the process starts all over again. Our Immigration is currently temporarily in the university as some issues were had with another municipality trying to pay off certain people (who have since retired). Immigration staff came to our Mayor for help as they wanted to move to where they originally thought and had their welcoming party with the local officials as it was closer to the city (our area). A few things were said and now currently it is more likely than not that it will end up back in our area, but these things take huge amounts of time in Thai if they have interruptions. 

Even once passed, Thai has a lot of red tape, so the actual office wont be built for a couple of years after it is all signed off. And once built it may not be actually opened for a while after too. My advice would be don't get your hopes up anytime soon.

Edited by wildewillie89

2 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Apparently you have an exceptional Mayor, who seem to be a good manager and can also get extra funding because he is well connected. Fine for you and this local community!

But how representative of the whole country is it? Can you generalise your local observation to the rest of the country?