Scottish letter arrives via Wales and Thailand

webfact

Scottish letter arrives via Wales and Thailand

By Steven McKenzie, BBC Scotland Highlands and Islands reporter

_99510635_letter.jpg

Image: WEST HIGHLAND FISHERIES TRUST

A letter left in a postbox close to the address it was sent to has arrived a month later via Wales and Asia.

The bill for the hire of a community hall in Scourie in the Highlands shows a postmark for Wales and a stamp reading: "Missent to Thailand".

The recipient, Shona Marshall of the West Sutherland Fisheries Trust, said the letter had only needed to travel 300m (984ft).

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-42608948

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-01-09

Must have been one of the agency workers,the Royal Mail hires over the busy period, and could not read English very well.  still a lot quicker than the parcel i am still waiting for from China,

ordered middle November, its in Thailand now,somewhere.

regards worgeordie

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Must have been one of the agency workers, the Royal Mail hires over the busy period,and could not read English very well.  still a lot quicker than the parcel i am still waiting for from China,

ordered middle November,its in Thailand now,somewhere.

regards worgeordie

No it isn't, it is in either Wales or Scotland..........or Newcastle......:whistling:

Not related but I will share this. My boy and myself wrote a letter to Santa Claus in December and address it North Pole Canada. Sent my wife to post and she comes back saying there is no number of the house. Told her when Canada post gets it they know what to do. They get over a million letters like this every year and have people answer them. So she takes back and they mailed it. Found that funny.

29 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Not related but I will share this. My boy and myself wrote a letter to Santa Claus in December and address it North Pole Canada. Sent my wife to post and she comes back saying there is no number of the house. Told her when Canada post gets it they know what to do. They get over a million letters like this every year and have people answer them. So she takes back and they mailed it. Found that funny.

Did Santa reply?

2 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Canada?

Santa lives there?

Who is that bloke in Finland then?

3 hours ago, Beats56 said:

I suppose that you would have to have been there to appreciate the joke

6 hours ago, hansnl said:

Canada?

Santa lives there?

Who is that bloke in Finland then?

Possibly Father Christmas.      He seems to have been shoved to the side by the other fat guy.