Government should request UK return Yingluck: Abhisit

webfact

Government should request UK return Yingluck: Abhisit

By The Nation

9341c4b10ea28b6f70c47dd0299aa197.jpeg

The government should clarify steps to be taken in regard to former PM Yingluck Shinawatra’s flight to the United Kingdom and start requesting that the country send her back, Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Thursday.

Abhisit said Yingluck may not need to ask for asylum if she holds a passport of another country. With such a passport, she could ask to enter the country via a business visa, he said.

The Thai government may not be able to intervene in the event that an asylum request is made, Abhisit said, noting the special relationship between an asylum claimant and the government of the country of refuge.

But the Thai government could begin by filing an official request for her return from the UK. If it did not file a request, the UK would never send her back as she had apparently entered the country legally, Abhisit said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336005

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-11

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to be amusing, but based on the above report I really haven't the faintest idea what Abhisit is talking about.I'm guessing however that this is is just the usual garbled crap from The Nation and that Abhisit probably said something coherent - though I'm also guessing whatever it was that I wouldn't agree with it.

P.S  Why doesn't Abhisit phone up his fellow Old Etonian gap year chum and all round mucker (Boris Johnson British Foreign Secretary) to get the lowdown? Maybe he has already.

Edited by jayboy

23 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to be amusing, but based on the above report I really haven't the faintest idea what Abhisit is talking about.I'm guessing however that this is is just the usual garbled crap from The Nation and that Abhisit probably said something coherent - though I'm also guessing whatever it was that I wouldn't agree with it.

P.S  Why doesn't Abhisit phone up his fellow Old Etonian gap year chum and all round mucker (Boris Johnson British Foreign Secretary) to get the lowdown? Maybe he has already.

I am very sure that he has-or that Boris gave 'em all a bit of a nudge when he discovered that the entire Thai secret police force had rented a bedsit in Brighton for the last three months..

They all appear to be doing the Hokey Pokey..

"You put your right foot in

You take your right foot out..."

Edited by Odysseus123
grammar

1 hour ago, Mainhattencitizen said:

Seems like Abhisit is as stupid as the junta. Nobody is going to send her back to an illegal government

Abhisit knows darn well that the UK is not going to send her back and that it is highly unlikely the Govt here will even try. He is just trying to score political mileage, by making a song and dance about something where he knows no positive outcome is possible.

4 hours ago, Mainhattencitizen said:

Seems like Abhisit is as stupid as the junta. Nobody is going to send her back to an illegal government

He surely knows it. The Junta and the Dems are currently putting pressure on each other in various ways in order to preserve their respective positions and that's one of the ways to do it.

5 hours ago, Mainhattencitizen said:

Maybe Abhisit knows the junta will look stupid if they do make the request.... Knows all their tough / bullying talk will result in nothing.

Edited by Aj Mick

Lol Abhisit is like that guy at school who encourages his best mate to ask out the hottest girl, just so he can laugh at him when she tells him to pissss off.

”Go on Uncle Too - ask them. It will be fine”.

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Intellectual stupidness is rubbing off onto Abhisit....and he who went to Oxford or something. Just as dopey as them all!

How dare you say that

Mr A is British, born in Newcastle UK so a Magpie and they do not even like him in Newcastle so he is here and full of it.

yes he went to Oxford like his mate Boris and he is a bit thick but say he had Intellectual stupidness is a bit far fetched as he is out of the boris class, so has none of that just like his other mate Korn. Perhaps he thinks boris will help him get Yingluck back mad sod.

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Have to give him credit though for not running, when PT were in power and were gunning for him.

Agreed, he didn't do a runner, when accused of murder and under pressure to go along with PTP's amnesty-for-Thaksin (and others), a far more serious crime than Yingluck stood accused of.

11 hours ago, Aj Mick said:

Maybe Abhisit knows the junta will look stupid if they do make the request.... Knows all their tough / bullying talk will result in nothing.

In which case it will reduce the chances of any military-party, in the (hopefully) upcoming-election, that serves the purposes of both the Democrat Party (which he still leads) and democracy, yet posters criticise him for it or accuse him of stupidity ?

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Abhisit knows darn well that the UK is not going to send her back and that it is highly unlikely the Govt here will even try. He is just trying to score political mileage, by making a song and dance about something where he knows no positive outcome is possible.

agreed thai charade political poker

I think it is likely a bit of political positioning drama, though who other than himself knows to what purpose?
I am of the party that thinks it highly unlikely that the UK would extradite Ms Y, but there are domestic political reasons I suppose to appear to make the effort.

I have still not seen any proof that she is alive!  I find that unusual for such a prominent politician.  If she is alive, I seriously doubt that any free country in the world will honor any extradition request.

Any of the Shins have the money to buy a passport of one of the off-shore banking countries in the Caribbean. And no doubt they have such passports.

Regarding sending either of the Shins back to Thailand - isn't going to happen.  The Shins were more amenable to Western interests than the current military regime, plus they both were democratically elected and then overthrown.  The West sort of frowns on that.
If the Shins ever go back to Thailand, they'll be riding the crest of a democracy-based 'color revolution' that probably will have been organized by democracy oriented NGOs from inside and from outside Thailand that support Western based interests.
Study history. 

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

For Abhisit, it's political theater.

15 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Have to give him credit though for not running, when PT were in power and were gunning for him.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Credit for not running?

Do you seriously think the leader of the Dem party was EVER in any danger of trouble from the courts?

Stop it! You're killing me!

47 minutes ago, blubb said:

Please keep this woman/clan/gang far away as it it possible, I do not want see her face anymore. This includes also news.

Perhaps you should stop looking at news forums then?

Probably easier than tailoring all news content to fit your likes and dislikes isn't it?