Gen Prawit may have owned 19 pricey wristwatches: CSI-LA Facebook

webfact

32 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Declared or not, this is obviously a witch hunt. Additionally, the operative word here is "owned".  Just like owning several cars over a lifetime.  Trading up is not uncommon.  

Jeez!  Trading up implies that you trade an earlier model for a newer one (a bit like our wives!).  This toad has just been accumulating these watches and then, when caught out, wriggling like a worm to try and deny ownership!

Are you being deliberately dumb or do you really have such a low grasp of finance?  If the latter, I have this valuable antique bridge for sale in London!

Edited by saminoz

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

If this storyis true it just shows the arrogance/ hypocrisy of this man and his cronies.

We will stamp out corruption, but continue  being corrupt ourselves.

So true. Unfortunate that they think they are untouchable inaccessible to any common laws.  

But the Thai love two tier double standards. How much do we have to pay at Parks?

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

If this story is even half true and he owns all these watches without declaring them or demonstrating where he got the money to pay for them...

...why is he still in the cabinet?

The law applies strictly to the common man but not our politicians or top wealthy 5 percent. The law applies even more strictly to the poorest 20 percent. That is the reality of our human world. Peace 

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

If this story is even half true and he owns all these watches without declaring them or demonstrating where he got the money to pay for them...

Too lazy to scroll all the pages, but what part of General in Gen. Prawit didn't you get - same same as our General Uncle :stoner:

I know lots of Thais with expensive watches, especially Rolex. I guess it is the next step after the house, cars and the gold chains.

Unlike most other watches eg. a Rolex watch is actually not a stupid thing to buy. It at lholds its value quite good and it is a good status symbol (like wearing gold. It’s also extremely easy to sell if you need some fast cash.

Of course owning 19 and working in government is not so smart. But purchasing a Rolex watch is not so stupid, as some might think. And they do make a statement, when wearing one.

In this case and for government workers... “Me like easy and fast money” ;-)

Edited by khunpa

4 minutes ago, khunpa said:

I know lots of Thais with expensive watches, especially Rolex. I guess it is the next step after the house, cars and the gold chains.

Unlike most other watches eg. a Rolex watch is actually not a stupid thing to buy. It at lholds its value quite good and it is a good status symbol (like wearing gold. It’s also extremely easy to sell if you need some fast cash.

Of course owning 19 and working in government is not so smart. But purchasing a Rolex watch is not so stupid, as some might think. 

Purchasing (with your own money and declaring them assets) would've been a bit better, don't you think? :vampire:

Edited by jabis
edit

Probably only scratching the surface of his unusual unexplained wealth with the watches. Tip of the iceberg. What else is he accumulating shamelessly over his corrupted years. Off shore accounts, previous metals, properties etc. I bet if the NACC get serious and crack the whip, they may find many other generals just as wealthy as Toady. Just imagine the years of blatant corruption and getting away with it most of the time. They will put the corrupt politicians to shame with their hoards.

2 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Of course owning 19 and working in government is not so smart. But purchasing a Rolex watch is not so stupid, as some might think. 

But what is stupid is putting them on display for all and sundry to see and not expecting to be called out for it. He is a walking advertisement for corruption or dodgy dealings. 

What makes it all the more entertaining is demanding that Yingluck be brought back to face "justice" (actually sham indignation as it is the last thing the junta wants), while at the same time expecting the NACC to look the other way in his case (they will look the other way anyway as it is a paper tiger). If I were him I would be embarrassed, but then when you have lived at the trough of corruption for so long, you no longer have any scruples and public criticism is but water off a duck's back (albeit a mandarin at that). 

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

His dignity and soul. 

leave out dignity, he never had any and as for his soul....there is a Buddhist saying,"when you want to know how you were as a person in your last life consider your status in this life, if you want to know your status in your next life consider your behaviour now." How about a fat slug.

7 minutes ago, GarryP said:

But what is stupid is putting them on display for all and sundry to see and not expecting to be called out for it. He is a walking advertisement for corruption or dodgy dealings. 

What makes it all the more entertaining is demanding that Yingluck be brought back to face "justice" (actually sham indignation as it is the last thing the junta wants), while at the same time expecting the NACC to look the other way in his case (they will look the other way anyway as it is a paper tiger). If I were him I would be embarrassed, but then when you have lived at the trough of corruption for so long, you no longer have any scruples and public criticism is but water off a duck's back (albeit a mandarin at that). 

True, displaying them in public is totally stupid and I am sure any smart person, would not do that... I guess, we can then conclude that he is pretty  ......... ;-)

Edited by khunpa

3 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Yes i think the corrupt see it as their right to be corrupt that is what is wrong in Thailand.. they have no shame... now look at the AOT bodyscanner... someone is making money there too. Its like you can't look at anything here in government or there is corruption.

That is why people want to be in power at all cost.. bomb for it kill for it.. occupy airports whatever because once in power the money starts flowing.

I have totally lost all faith in Thailand its leaders, be they democrats, PTP, army or whatever. Nobody is going to do anything about corruption that happens on their side while they go after corruption on the other parties. 

This would work if the army was not untouchable and the PTP in power too long. A nice switch of democrats and PTP each 4 years with them then going after corruption during the previous government would be perfect. (at least some get punished then because they wont go after their own).

Problem with this is that the Democrats don't have enough votes so the PTP can rape the country too long, just like how the junta now is raping the treasury too long. 

It would be great if there was an independent organisation that would really go after corruption. The NACC is showing its true colors right now. Its great they punished PTP corruption but a shame they don't go after army corruption.

3 minutes ago, khunpa said:

True, displaying them in public is totally stupid and I am sure any smart person, would not do that... I guess, we can then conclude that he is pretty  ......... ;-)

I don't think it says anything about his intelligence.. more about his morals and his idea that he is untouchable (i think he is)

They won't take him down because of the domino effect . Every single person in the military and government are the same . Weather it is millions of baht or a bit of tea money to a thousand baht every time you deal with a government department. Thai people are bought up that way . It starts in the school and never stops . 

1 hour ago, Charlie1 said:

Why are you writing "may have owned.."? It's obvious, isn't it? Thaivisa is way too friendly with the junta recently. Shame on you!

Not really, he may have borrowed them from the maid (that probably really is his excuse )

What the most astonishing part of the this entire conversation is, is the expectation that somehow these guys are honest, and NOT corrupt. How is that even possible? Just because they said they were going to wage a fight against corruption, somehow they are given credit for being honest? Is their affiliation with the army a reason they are being given undue credit? The fortunes being made by the top guys, at this very moment, are astounding. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is naive at best. A watch collection? If the people only knew. 

More than likely, this is the primary reason, they are so desperately clinging to power. 

Edited by spidermike007

2 hours ago, kensisaket said:

Declared or not, this is obviously a witch hunt. Additionally, the operative word here is "owned".  Just like owning several cars over a lifetime.  Trading up is not uncommon.  

To accumulate 19 at one time, yep not uncommon, is it? 

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

What the most astonishing part of the this entire conversation is, is the expectation that somehow these guys are honest, and NOT corrupt. How is that even possible? Just because they said they were going to wage a fight against corruption, somehow they are given credit for being honest? Is their affiliation with the army a reason they are being given undue credit? The fortunes being made by the top guys, at this very moment, are astounding. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is naive at best. A watch collection? If the people only knew. 

I don't think any sane person could believe this lot are clean. In fact the military are probably the most corrupt of the lot. However, what was not expected was that they would be so in your face with their corruption. I doubt even their supporters could find an excuse for Prawit. 

As you quite rightly point out, this is only the tip of the iceberg.  The accounts, property and various other assets held by the generals and their relatives (if revealed to the public) would make Prawit's toy collection seem the equivalent of mini lego set.  But out of sight is out of mind. So we have to hammer on about the matters we know about - which makes me wonder why there is no further news on Prayuth's brother's house.      

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

we both know the answer to that question ............