Facebook video going viral as farang says: I may have a small one but I know what to do with it

webfact

2 minutes ago, foxboy said:

lots of people relishing the opportunity to criticise a complete stranger here for having fun with some locals?? 

he's a young lad with fantastic language skills and seems to be able to entertain Thai people with his banter, so why all the abuse on here??

One word... Jealousy! 

If the locals were laughing with him then you have a point.  But they are laughing at him.  However kudos to him to mastering the language

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

If the locals were laughing with him then you have a point.  But they are laughing at him.  However kudos to him to mastering the language

how can you tell they were laughing at him and not with him? 

8 minutes ago, foxboy said:

My Thai friend tells me they were laughing along 'with him', so I'm inclined to go with that rather than your monosyllabic 'Duh' response

Well I just ran it by my wife and she didn't laugh at all.  Her comment was "Not funny, just a drunken fool".  I think I will stick with that.  Mind you my wife doesn't laugh at Mr Bean either even though most Thais find him hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Well I just ran it by my wife and she didn't laugh at all.  Her comment was "Not funny, just a drunken fool".  I think I will stick with that.  Mind you my wife doesn't laugh at Mr Bean either even though most Thais find him hilarious.

i just ran it by mine and these were her exact words "not funny, just low class drunk man talk about sexual abuse, disgusting" walked off not too impressed. i was thinking i didn't say it was funny, just showed you that's all 555

5 hours ago, foxboy said:

lots of people relishing the opportunity to criticise a complete stranger here for having fun with some locals?? 

he's a young lad with fantastic language skills and seems to be able to entertain Thai people with his banter, so why all the abuse on here??

One word... Jealousy! 

so naive. 55 you haven't been here very long at all have you

most thais would be offended not entertained, they weren't having fun with him they were encouraging him to make an idiot of himself for likes on FB, no abuse from me, couldn't really care

Oh and no jealousy here either, speak thai just fine. have done for many years, can even read my premier league betting slips in thai 555

12 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I knew a younger guy like that in Bangkok. He used to speak Essan Thai to everyone. He also used to copy the silly little jokes and mannerisms from the TV shows. Half the locals loved him and half the locals loathed him. I just thought he was an attention grabbing t***. 

How about the Morons who spell their names  in Thai on fb forums, <deleted>

41 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

so naive. 55 you haven't been here very long at all have you

most thais would be offended not entertained, they weren't having fun with him they were encouraging him to make an idiot of himself for likes on FB, no abuse from me, couldn't really care

Oh and no jealousy here either, speak thai just fine. have done for many years, can even read my premier league betting slips in thai 555

I've been coming to Thailand for 19 years, so naive I'm not. Thais are always impressed with Farangs speaking and understanding Thai, and especially more so Issan dialect. His locker room banter is NOT going to endear him to Thai ladies however. BUT, he is talking to Thai men and they don't seem to be offended, so no need for people here to call him a 'degenerate', 'idiot', 'moron', etc. I say leave the guy alone, he's just having a laugh. 

Well done if you've mastered reading Thai, I can just about read menus :crying:

Edited by foxboy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, foxboy said:

I've been coming to Thailand for 19 years, so naive I'm not. Thais are always impressed with Farangs speaking and understanding Thai, and especially more so Issan dialect. His locker room banter is NOT going to endear him to Thai ladies however. BUT, he is talking to Thai men and they don't seem to be offended, so no need for people here to call him a 'degenerate', 'idiot', 'moron', etc. I say leave the guy alone, he's just having a laugh. 

Well done if you've mastered reading Thai, I can just about read menus :crying:

i can understand why some on here called him an idiot etc. i thought he did make a fool of himself and most of the views he got on FB,  people would have been disgusted the way he spoke and acted, as you know TiT. the way he spoke to the girl passing by who had nothing to do with the group was seriously rude mate. personally i thought it was quite funny, just don't tell the wife, she was pretty disgusted as 90 percent of thais no doubt were who watched the clip

• Like 1

14 hours ago, swissbie said:

Wow, 3 million views, Thais like this sort of slapstick, at least men. Drunk and young, ha ha, he is quiet fluent, but rather Bangkok slang than Isaan dialect.

3 million views is not 3 million people liking what they saw i can assure you. the vast majority of thais would have taken offence by what he said and the way he was acting up in public and no it was not BKK slang he was talking it was very much Isaan , you clearly don't understand thai or what thais deem as acceptable or unacceptable. show that to a few thais and ask them if what i say is true or not. try not to use a bar girl as an example, they'll laugh at anything you put in front of them if it makes you happy

7 hours ago, Happy enough said:

3 million views is not 3 million people liking what they saw i can assure you. the vast majority of thais would have taken offence by what he said and the way he was acting up in public and no it was not BKK slang he was talking it was very much Isaan , you clearly don't understand thai or what thais deem as acceptable or unacceptable. show that to a few thais and ask them if what i say is true or not. try not to use a bar girl as an example, they'll laugh at anything you put in front of them if it makes you happy

Wow, you're a very smart guy, aren't you? After living 10 years in the western outskirts of BKK i moved down to Songkhla province; sorry, no bar girls here and there. I'm fluent in Thai since 30 years, living with Thais and some Burmese only, but yeah, you're right, i don't know nothing..

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, swissbie said:

Wow, you're a very smart guy, aren't you? After living 10 years in the western outskirts of BKK i moved down to Songkhla province; sorry, no bar girls here and there. I'm fluent in Thai since 30 years, living with Thais and some Burmese only, but yeah, you're right, i don't know nothing..

if you say so, I'm flattered. 555 the comments i made remain the same

Edited by Happy enough

• 1 month later...
On 17.01.2018 at 12:32 PM, HooHaa said:

why? 

please list his crimes.

Flashiest and Nazis and Communist not need any crimes in past. Just do not liked.. So must be terminated... No have any why. :(

On 1/17/2018 at 9:54 AM, webfact said:

He admits to having a mini "ham noi" - but he sure knows how to use it.

Another tourist going native? - Who knows, maybe, following this, the next fad for Thai men will not be to bleach their "ham nois", but to, surgically, shrink them 50 per cent to matchstick size: "Look it's tiny, but I can still use it..." :smile: