Finnish air hostess, 27, found dead in Phuket hotel

snoop1130

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why do you post, not a lot of trust in doctors here?

I have a lot of trust/ respect for doctors here, they saved my life, no doctor anywhere in the world could have done better.

Coz it's them saying that they hope doctors can give an answer. Forensics must be able to give the reason of death. Without hope.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would think that Thomas Cook would / should be very interested in the autopsy report.

apart from the fact that she was in their “care”, they need to be sure that the poor woman’s job was in no way attributable to her death.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Do you now how much work it is to be a waitress? A lot of walking and exercise as well as lifting. Many in this line of business also keep healthier by working out at a gym.
When did I say I was talking about pilots? Did the news regard a dead pilot beeing found? If you read about that you better get some really good glasses.

Yes, I do know how much work it is, which is no more than many other jobs, and most waitresses I have seen do not usually appear to be especially super-fit.  I do appreciate that lifting individual plates of food, sometimes even one in each hand, can be quite an exertion to some who may well need the assistance of gym workouts to get through the strenuous waitresses' day.

I didn't sat that you were talking about pilots, I made that point as a comparison because pilots do have to be fit and are regularly medically checked as opposed to airline waitresses who don't, and aren't, and whom you think are "usually in good condition" (just like a used car?).

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

I would think that Thomas Cook would / should be very interested in the autopsy report.

apart from the fact that she was in their “care”, they need to be sure that the poor woman’s job was in no way attributable to her death.

Why? She wasn't at work. 

8 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Why? She wasn't at work. 

A payout from her Death in Service cover could depend on the cause of death.

She doesn't have to be actually doing her job at the time of death for the job to be a contributing factor.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Why? She wasn't at work. 

She was in their care at staff accommodation and her death may have been somehow linked to her previous days or weeks work...

a delayed reaction, maybe mixed with alcohol.... I’m not saying this is what happened, but I am using it as an example of why the airline would need to know.

A responsible corporation would have all sorts of forms to fill out....  and didn’t we just read about a dead Thai stewardess, whos family were supported by her employers airline.... all sorts of reasons

First thing coming to my mind when reading this sad news are the many cases of mysterious deaths in hotel rooms of Chiang Mai and Koh Phi Phi that happened few years ago. It was quickly swept under the rug, insecticide were suspected but it was never confirmed.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 9:55 AM, Autonuaq said:

Because in this period the heart reaches 1.000.000 beats. And that is the standard design lifespan of a heart is we seen in nature.

Due to mutation we humans live longer. Only some people have not the modification.

Do you have any reliable source for this claim? As far as the information I can find goes, the average human heart completes about 2.2 billion beats in its lifetime, but as the article linked to below states:

you don’t die because you run out of heartbeats – you run out of heartbeats because you die.

Does a human heart have a finite number of beats?

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

This death occurred in January. 

As far as I can tell they never released her name nor the cause of death. The family would be aware of the circumstances and come to terms with it.  It's very unlikely any further details will be given to the public now. 

Perhaps the speculation and trolling on Thaivisa should come to an end.

There must be other, more recent, matters to theorize about.  

Indeed. I searched for details, and the last we hear about her is this:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-await-autopsy-results-for-finnish-air-hostess-65719.php

Rest in peace, Sirja Ida Sofia Konttila.

• Like 1