What is the best value apartment you have stayed at?

cnxvegan

On 1/31/2018 at 8:27 PM, connda said:

Omg!  How'd  I manage without a kitchen for the years I lived in Thai apartments???  I must be close to starved to death.  I had the ability to cook in the apartment.  But it was far easier to and probably less expensive in the long run to eat out.  But I mostly eat Thai and a lot of veggies.  Typical meal out where I lived ranged between 25 to 40 THB per meal. 
So no, that statement is far from absurb, well unless you eat like most of the over-weight expats I see roaming CM, then I guess they're more likely to be munching down 500 THB meals at restaurants catering to farangs.  Yeah, if you eat that high-fat, high-sugar content food, then you will probably save money by cooking at home. 

I only eat out perhaps 3-4 times per month as I prefer the healthy food we prepare at home and I save a fortune by eating at home and the food is much, much better.

23 hours ago, NancyL said:

Yes, but it meets the OP's requirements in terms of location, size of the units, having nice kitchens, with clothes washing machines in the units, plus there is a wonderful pool, fitness center and business center on-site.  Yes, a little pricey, but it wasn't until later in the thread that he revealed his budget -- a little unrealistic for what he's looking for.  Kantary Hills has monthly rates below what they show on their website, but still beyond the unrealistic expectation of the OP.  He's probably going to get a 33 sq. meter shoebox for the budget he has in mind for a short stay.

In my opinion (having stayed at The Dome for 3 months) the Maya area is too far away from the centre of Town. The Manninarakorn as i have mentioned is very central on the edge of the moat next to Mae Ping hotel  and is approximately 45 sq metres. The main disadvantage with the Manni apartments though is no balcony and no view but they are very comfortable and have basics such as microwave  fridge and kettle. Use of the hotel pool and sauna and steam is also free but the pool is a bit small..

We lived for two years on a Thapae soi and I found the location to be inconvenient -- I was always coming back over to the Nimman/Huay Kaew area for things like language lessons at the YMCA, banking, shopping and movies at Kad Suan Kaew (this was before Maya existed) and meeting friends for meals at the restaurants in the Huay Kaew/Nimman area.  I suppose if the Loy Kroh bar scene is your hobby, then the Manni apartments are convenient and yes, from what I've heard they are good value for money.  But, I would think The Dome is a better location with good views, too. 

On 1/19/2018 at 8:44 PM, connda said:

He's asking for honest suggestions for places to stay.  Are you a Linux user.  That's like saying, "Hey stupid, read the 'man' pages."  It's disingenuous.  Try helping.  If you have nothing positive to say, then don't post. 

I agree but I really don't think Nick was trying to be  a  jerk.

I'll bet he was sincere.

Edited by watcharacters

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

We lived for two years on a Thapae soi and I found the location to be inconvenient -- I was always coming back over to the Nimman/Huay Kaew area for things like language lessons at the YMCA, banking, shopping and movies at Kad Suan Kaew (this was before Maya existed) and meeting friends for meals at the restaurants in the Huay Kaew/Nimman area.  I suppose if the Loy Kroh bar scene is your hobby, then the Manni apartments are convenient and yes, from what I've heard they are good value for money.  But, I would think The Dome is a better location with good views, too. 

Yes horses for courses i guess but is good to have different opinions.  Not keen on Loi Kroh myself all the bars are shutting by 11.30 and i have never liked the 'boxing ring'