Phuket police arrest Russian-Ukrainian couple for alleged sale of drug

webfact

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

By this do you mean if you're a farang you can't buy your way out? 

I know a few Thai that could not buy their way out.

Thai prisons are full, drugs the main cause.

20 hours ago, catman20 said:

I know of one or two big cases in the past that got prosecuted and they paid as requested but still ended up in jail minus there money.

i think drug dealing here is the only thing you cant buy your way out of.

If so many people were not able to pay their way out as people pay the fine when not wearing helmet, nobody would do it anymore. But just like helmet, the chance of being caught is so low, that people will never care.

Of course, maybe just few % of the people arrested for selling drug end in news and jail.

Just as less than 5% of all the drug bought and sold in Thailand is caught by cops.

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

If you're rich you buy your way out. If you're poor you buy yourself a reduced sentence.

If you have the money, pay the bail money, then find a way out of Thailand without passport (not so hard). Over the years here I know 2 Germans (as in I have met them) who escaped justice using this route. What's 2 million baht lost compared with years in the BKK Hilton. And the BiB love it as they divvy up the forfeit bail money.  

4 hours ago, FashionExport said:

If so many people were not able to pay their way out as people pay the fine when not wearing helmet, nobody would do it anymore. But just like helmet, the chance of being caught is so low, that people will never care.

Of course, maybe just few % of the people arrested for selling drug end in news and jail.

Just as less than 5% of all the drug bought and sold in Thailand is caught by cops.

ho that sounds ok then with those sorts of odds only 5% chance of getting caught we should all start up drug dealing and if any of us get caught which is very unlikely we can just buy our way out.  NOT. will just end up with 50 years in the slammer. ID LIKE TO KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THIS INFORMATION.

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

ho that sounds ok then with those sorts of odds only 5% chance of getting caught we should all start up drug dealing and if any of us get caught which is very unlikely we can just buy our way out.  NOT. will just end up with 50 years in the slammer. ID LIKE TO KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THIS INFORMATION.

I just have a brain, it's enough to understand how things really are.

Drug is everywhere, not even 1 area or village in Thailand drugfree, do you think it is because cops catch most of it ?

Edited by FashionExport

On 19/01/2018 at 4:21 PM, catman20 said:

i think drug dealing here is the only thing you cant buy your way out of

I know of one case here where a few million baht was paid to ensure that the case against a dealer was "dropped". Enough money, then you can walk.

Edited by xylophone

12 hours ago, xylophone said:

I know of one case here where a few million baht was paid to ensure that the case against a dealer was "dropped". Enough money, then you can walk.

you herd ? or you know for a fact ? cos i do KNOW 2 cases where millions of bahts were paid and 1 guy died in jail the other is still in jail money was paid and never returned. i still maintain money wont buy you out of serious drug dealing in Thailand.

12 hours ago, FashionExport said:

I just have a brain, it's enough to understand how things really are.

Drug is everywhere, not even 1 area or village in Thailand drugfree, do you think it is because cops catch most of it ?

ok i hear what you are saying and its a fare point, so can you answer me this then, we all know theirs lots of money to be made selling and dealing in drugs, so why is any body caught and put in prison why dont they all buy their way out ?  was thier not a case some weeks back with billions of bahts worth of drugs caught? they did not manager to buy there way out of that as we all read about it here on TV news.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

you herd ? or you know for a fact ? cos i do KNOW 2 cases where millions of bahts were paid and 1 guy died in jail the other is still in jail money was paid and never returned. i still maintain money wont buy you out of serious drug dealing in Thailand.

I know the person concerned and it was serious money, but then perhaps he was lucky.