Hundreds of police in Thailand block anti-junta march

rooster59

13 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You forget most of us foreigners get our currency from our home countries.

Nothing like a civil war to improve the exchange rate and lower property prices.

Yes it would be good for the exchange rate.. not as much for the quality of life. But forgive me if I am not greedy enough to want people to die for a better exchange rate.  

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes it would be good for the exchange rate.. not as much for the quality of life. But forgive me if I am not greedy enough to want people to die for a better exchange rate.  

But maybe at one point people have to die to improve the quality of life of the others.

Wouldn't be the first time, and surely not the last.

Edited by janclaes47

1 hour ago, silverhawk_usa said:

I don't see anyone questioning, or explaining  the logistics or how they were to conduct this so called march.  I estimate BKK to Khon Kaen to be approximately 600 kms ?

probably knew they would be stopped

but it is the protest that matters

Edited by AGareth2
typo

57 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

In in this case they were holding hands and walking, not throwing Molotov cocktails.

Which is why it has not "begun".

No one is going to begin anything....until they have the means and the will to finish it.

It's just students........again.

Lambs to the slaughter........again.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Its stupid.. gives the junta the perfect excuse to cling onto power even longer. 

Really ? Like they are really going to have an election. The last 4 years have shown they have no intention of it unless guaranteed to win. At some point you cannot just keep waiting for nothing

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

Unlike other countries throughout history where a popular leader with a plan appears, nothing like this has happened or is likely to happen any time soon.

Mr T proved to be very popular......again and again.

As was his sister.

Too popular, it seems, for some.

2 hours ago, Evert250 said:

Many populations of countries around the world are simply not ready for democracy. Thailand on that list.

Quite so.

And in most "democratic" countries the people lost democracy to big business and/or supranational unelected organisations, while still thinking their country is a democracy.

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

No, in most of the world people are allowed to protest. They are certainly allowed to go for a walk.  And they are allowed to criticize leadership.

In in this case they were holding hands and walking, not throwing Molotov cocktails.

Unfortunately it seems that South-East Asia in general seems to be taking this route at present. And current events in many parts of the world would suggest that the generals here have nothing to fear along the lines of international condemnation or action.

Some say they are not ready for democracy, whatever it is that they want you can be sure it is not the current situation. 

An oppressive Military regime, sponsored by the corrupt and morally bankrupt ruling elites with their historic belief in their superiority and entitlement.

Thai people deserve better, as all people do.

If the Thais don't want it you can bet your lefty there would be 20.000 and not a measly 200

70 million thais and 200 to march its laughable. The message is crystal clear the Thais want peace.

I rest my case

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Did you witness the Suchinda method?

Yes, you can see that this is where this situation could be going. A general who just couldn't bring himself to step away.

With the the large middle class involvement in those demonstrations, I'd say those events actually led to the clearest period of democratic development during my time here in Thailand, which subsequently went into reverse with Thaksin's suppression of criticism and embryonic press freedom, and then all that has followed of course. 

As I have been saying these goons will cling to power as long as they can, and they are about as intolerant of dissent as the charlatan in the very white house is. It is a typical, draconian move. Non visionary. No imagination. Fearful of anything, everything, and everyone. Little men, with uniforms. Dunces. And the goons in charge are focusing their efforts in all the wrong areas. They are trying to make Thailand a Quaker State. A land of purity. Total BS. Nonsense. Misplaced priorities, and wasted efforts. They should be focusing their efforts on traffic and public safety, easing import tariffs, making visa policy simpler, and more friendly, boosting Western tourism, real crackdowns on slavery, and illegal fishing instead of nonsensical hyperbole. In addition, they should be working on cleaning up the water, the air, the rivers, and the beaches, and other things that actually improve lives.

Little P. Not making Thailand great again. And moving the nation backwards at an astonishing and alarming pace.  

Edited by spidermike007

Big slap in the face for TV anti junta key board warriors, thousand of posts over the years insisting that thais want " their home countries version of democracy "

Well the Thais have responded with a firm NO!!

My suggestion is you guys should join the rally I'm sure they certainly could do with another 20 men [emoji23]

Thais want peace and stability.  Not insecurity & fighting.  The Military provides security, Khun Prayut provides economic development ..................... 

why do you think only 220 are protesting  ?   because the other 59,780,000 are happy with Khun Prayut and the Military in government.

Sadly, some TV farang just can't see the forest for the trees.

Image result for pics of kHUN PRAYUT

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Thais want peace and stability.  Not insecurity & fighting.  The Military provides security, Khun Prayut provides economic development ..................... 

why do you think only 220 are protesting  ?   because the other 59,780,000 are happy with Khun Prayut and the Military in government.

Not just some TV farang, The United Nations and HRW are very concerned about the situation in Thailand right now. 

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Are you by any chance related to George Carlin? That was a humorous little rant there. Addressing Little P. as Khun Prayut? What has he done to earn your respect lately? And how on earth can you possibly say he has 99.9% support among the people?

Because decent, hard working people do not want to risk getting arrested by the junta?

Because they have been cowed into submission by the draconian laws imposed by a near dictator?

Because press censorship is in place, and it is hard to get real information on what is really going on?

Because nobody wants to subject themselves to "attitude adjustment"?

Is that how a benevolent government behaves? Seriously? What economic development are you referring to? 

Are you by any chance related to George Carlin? That was a humorous little rant there. Addressing Little P. as Khun Prayut? What has he done to earn your respect lately? And how on earth can you possibly say he has 99.9% support among the people?
Because decent, hard working people do not want to risk getting arrested by the junta?
Because they have been cowed into submission by the draconian laws imposed by a near dictator?
Because press censorship is in place, and it is hard to get real information on what is really going on?
Because nobody wants to subject themselves to "attitude adjustment"?
Is that how a benevolent government behaves? Seriously? What economic development are you referring to? 

Sorry but this is nonsense. You better check out recent history and some of the global protests. People will die for the cause and here you are calling the whole of thailand a bunch of cowards. You should be ashamed!

Rigged who knows.. but still people can vote for other parties. Nobody will force them to vote for the junta.

If the junta by some miracle (i think everyone is convinced they wont get votes im not 100% sure but doubt they will be popular) wins the vote then its the peoples decision. Do you really think that if the junta is that hated people will vote for it ? Sounds more that your a bit afraid of a vote. 
As long as they can choose who they vote for its ok, now there might be some campaigning restrictions.. but if that is all it is to overcome hatred of junta (doubt it) then the junta is obviously not that hated. 

Rob, you are smarter than that and being deliberately obtuse. You know full well the system is rigged and that the junta will remain in power regardless of the outcome of the election. The only way a non junta government is formed is with a PTP Democrats coalition. Anything else results in an outsider PM.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app