The wheels for Yingluck’s extradition turn slowly and ‘uneasily’

rooster59

2 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

She might have been removed for abuse of power, but was she not impeached and found guilty of knowingly allowing thievery to take place ?  Also, judicial systems in the west tend to be very chauvinistic.   They tend to either respect or look down upon courts in other countries. 

Awwwww,............I could do with a firkin pint.

Another mentally deranged idiot domiciled in the home  of mentally deranged farang idiots.

after all...that is why they call us farangs,,,

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Boring. Must try harder. He skipped a warrant, Interpol have a Red Notice on him.

He is a wanted fugitive = criminal.

Now you are just going to try to argue for the sake of it when you are clearly wrong. 

Do yourself a favour, step away from the keyboard and lie down for a wee while.

Interpol have an active red notice on Thaksin?...You're sure of that?

7 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Regarding Ms Yingluck there is no Red Notice. 
If there is a Red Notice. it is an advisory only. It is up to the nation where the alleged criminal is located if they will honor it anyway. So far Thailand has not provided information that meets the requirements of Interpol for issuing such, as her case was prosecuted in a blatantly political manner.

So if Boss is so easily located, pray tell us where he is? He was last officially seen in Taipei, mid September of last year. It would appear that, yes, indeed, he is hiding. If you have billions and a private jet it is easy to stay "lost".

It seems the statutes of limitations on three of the four charges against him have expired. The charge for causing death will run until 2027.

I suspect that even with a private aircraft it isn't that easy to hide. Every airport in every country logs aircraft in and out, they will need fuel, servicing, rest periods in hotel for the crews and even if you pay with cash that will be noted too. If you have the aircraft registration number it isn't that hard to track it. They have to file a flight plan, I know that it can be changed in flight, somewhere but it is still logged. You cannot blindly charge around the skies without one as there are very many other aircraft flying at the same time.

Presumably when the aircraft is refuelled a credit card is used or the cost is charged to the owner/company and all you need to do is track it.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Judicial coup - are you denying the events that constituted an abuse of power never took place?

For heavens sake grow up.Your posts suggest you are not a complete fool so do yourself a favour and start thinking for yourself.The "abuse of power" prompting the judicial coup involved the transfer of a senior official - entirely the prerogative of a democratic leader.Prayuth, a non elected leader, has done it several times.

Edited by jayboy

12 hours ago, Dibbler said:

Mr Google Scholar check your legal citations more carefully, the ancient history you quoted was repealed and replaced in 2008. This is a politically motivated stunt and the U.K. extradition Act specifically invalidates any request from any country that might be tinged with such a flavour.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm sure you have already been told how wrong you are.  The Extradition Act of 2008 repealed and replaced the same act of 1929.  The Extradition Treaty of 1911 still stands. An act is valid internally of the country issuing that act.  A treaty is between two or more countries and is entirely different.

For heavens sake grow up.Your posts suggest you are not a complete fool so do yourself a favour and start thinking for yourself.The "abuse of power" prompting the judicial coup involved the transfer of a senior official - entirely the prerogative of a democratic leader.Prayuth, a non elected leader, has done it several times.

If I recall correctly, the chap transferred - a senior security official - "went public" and stated that he didn't like the government and would therefore not co-operative with them. Quite surprising that he was transferred then really...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, JAG said:

If I recall correctly, the chap transferred - a senior security official - "went public" and stated that he didn't like the government and would therefore not co-operative with them. Quite surprising that he was transferred then really...

Wasn't he some sort of general?

12 hours ago, BEngBKK said:

Maybe in the future she will have a UK passport and become PM in UK.

The United kingdom is today so small it could easy become the UKS... "United Kingdom of Shinawatra"

Taksin would love that.....

She probably coudn't do a worse job than Theresa May.

“We have to make sure our information is clear and legal, or the requested country may turn us down because we don’t meet their conditions,” Amnart said."

This statement is designed to set the future scene and reason for failure to get Yingluck returned. Nothing more, nothing less - an escape clause! A 'face' saver. :coffee1:

Extradition! WooHoo! My god they so love to talk about it all the while making sure they skirt around serious issues in Extradition so people really have no clue what is involved.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:59 AM, rooster59 said:

However, the red notice has not yet been made, with Interpol headquarters in Lyon, France saying they have not yet received sufficient evidence to issue it. Yet, Thai police have apparently not yet given up.

Why

Because it is for a crime - and not a national political fight. Can Thailand prove that is true?  Well no red card so far so thet seems to be a resounding NO. but as they need to deflect that issue.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:59 AM, rooster59 said:

Thailand and the United Kingdom have an extradition treaty. Thai prosecutors could coordinate with the British Home Office, or pass the request through the Thai Foreign Ministry.

The Home Office would then forward the matter to British prosecutors, who would forward the extradition request for a British court’s considerations. 

And the UK likely has guidelines regarding crimes vs a countries political infighting. Oh and they might remind the Thai  government of some people they have requested Extradition to the Thai government of which nothing has been done. Oh my a quid pro quo.

All of which means this is going no where, which is why they type up big articles like this.To give the idea it is going somewhere when it is not

Edited by LomSak27

If this government wants Yingluck in jail then they should not have let her sneak out of the country. I mean just how difficult is it to guard one woman. That she was able to leave so easily shows the total incompetence of the government and that its leader is NOT IN CONTROL.

The UK loves rich people.  They have lots of laws protecting the international wealthy.   Most of the Russian mob that escaped with billions in wealth of the Russian people live in large beautiful antique palaces outside London.  Isn't the UK still harboring one of the thai that engineered the baht crisis some years back? 

So there is that!

Secondly, while the world seems to tolerate the present Thai govt.   It is unlikely they are going to give it any legitimacy by cooperating with it.  

Lastly, if the present govt. goes thru with its demand and is rebuffed by the international community that would spell some real trouble.

19 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

The UK loves rich people.  They have lots of laws protecting the international wealthy.   Most of the Russian mob that escaped with billions in wealth of the Russian people live in large beautiful antique palaces outside London.  Isn't the UK still harboring one of the thai that engineered the baht crisis some years back? 

So there is that!

Secondly, while the world seems to tolerate the present Thai govt.   It is unlikely they are going to give it any legitimacy by cooperating with it.  

Lastly, if the present govt. goes thru with its demand and is rebuffed by the international community that would spell some real trouble.

" Lastly, if the present govt. goes thru with its demand and is rebuffed by the international community that would spell some real trouble."

Nope, no trouble! Thailand will merely claim they could not meet the requirements of another Government and leave it at that.

On 1/21/2018 at 5:36 AM, steven100 said:

Can you just imagine the faces of all the TV farang nayers who said it would never happen ...

I'm not saying it will .... but there will be egg on alot of members faces if it ever comes to fruition.

however, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha recently said that the extradition process was “generally uneasy”.

I'm guessin' there's a better chance of the general ending up with that egg on his own face :sleep:

On 21/01/2018 at 12:57 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

He is probably in Thailand, as he has been in and out of the country numerous times since these 'warrants' were issued. 

I would love to see a number of the military that committed any number of massacres, tortures, disappearances and human rights abuses with no consequence for decades in the dock but that will never happen here. See Cambodia trials of the KR for evidence. Belligerent and naughty children controlling other children never works. 

I wonder what crime is worse? Corruption or mass-murder?

Answers on a postcard.

Address supplied?

I was very cynical when I read about all those suspected sightings in London.  I was wrong and the Times had a photograph of her outside of Harrods carrying a ludicrously expensive handbag.  The question was of course "how could that be".  Well she arrived in the UK on a passport but not a Thai one because that had been revoked as we know.  When asked the UK immigration said that they had not received any request from the Thai authorities over extradition and in fact they had had NO contact from them at all. So someone on the Thai side have been telling porkies again!

Whether the Thais will actually ask for the extradition we do not know and if they do it is questionable as to whether British immigration will respond to a non elected Junta.  In the meantime the circus goes on but really, who cares!

On 1/21/2018 at 5:45 AM, Aj Mick said:

The wheels are not moving at all, and are unlikely to ever move. Yingluck's conviction in Thailand (under the junta that overthrew the government she was elected to lead) was for something that would not be recognised as a crime in the UK..... Get over it.

A couple of years ago Thailand sent out notices to 8 countries for the extradition concerning lese majeste offences committed outside and inside Thailand. Not one country responded or even acknowledged the approach. The problem with Thailand in this matter is their failure to understand that for extradition to be considered the supposed crime must exist in both countries. Given that Thailand's current political environment is  considered a joke worldwide Ms Yingluk and 100s of others are quite safe in their host countries 

8 minutes ago, glenmohr said:

A couple of years ago Thailand sent out notices to 8 countries for the extradition concerning lese majeste offences committed outside and inside Thailand. Not one country responded or even acknowledged the approach. The problem with Thailand in this matter is their failure to understand that for extradition to be considered the supposed crime must exist in both countries. Given that Thailand's current political environment is  considered a joke worldwide Ms Yingluk and 100s of others are quite safe in their host countries 

"The problem with Thailand in this matter is their failure to understand..........." (my editing)

That says it all IMHO! The world does not revolve around Thailand, despite what some of their leaders think and claim (Thai 4.0).

34 minutes ago, glenmohr said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lèse-majesté#United_Kingdom

quote "

United Kingdom

Section 51 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 abolished the common law criminal offences of sedition and "leasing-making". The latter offence, also known as "lease /ˈliːz/ making", was considered an offence of lèse-majesté or making remarks critical of the monarch of the United Kingdom.

The final prosecution for this offence had occurred in 1715.[42]

I put the last line up in bold text.

5 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I was very cynical when I read about all those suspected sightings in London.  I was wrong and the Times had a photograph of her outside of Harrods carrying a ludicrously expensive handbag.  The question was of course "how could that be".  Well she arrived in the UK on a passport but not a Thai one because that had been revoked as we know.  When asked the UK immigration said that they had not received any request from the Thai authorities over extradition and in fact they had had NO contact from them at all. So someone on the Thai side have been telling porkies again!

Whether the Thais will actually ask for the extradition we do not know and if they do it is questionable as to whether British immigration will respond to a non elected Junta.  In the meantime the circus goes on but really, who cares!

I don't think the form of government in Thailand is particularly important as regards extradition criteria.The UK Government has to deal with all kinds of regimes.A nominally democratic regime can pursue a politically inspired vendetta as much as a military regime.The issue is more whether the "crime" is also recognized as a crime in the country from which extradition is sought.In this instance it isn't.