not allowed on the airport to enter by tourist visa.

Hello.

received a tourist visa at the Kuala Lumpur Embassy, flew to Bangkok (Don Muang Airport), and the immigration office refused to enter because I have several tourist visas in a row.
(I have with me confirmed and paid ticket from Thailand in next 90 days and a sufficient amount of cash. But them don't care about it :smile:)

they composed some papers and told me to go back to Kuala Lumpur and after i can fly whatever i want. :smile:

So now i flight to KL and think what to do next.
Maybe take another flight from KL to Cambodia, make again visa there and then try another border? Or thats not good idea?

Or try to make papers for ED visa and then make ED visa and go to Thailand? But it will take a week or more to prepare documents i think.

frustrating that my personal car is in their parking lot on the roof of Don Muang.) In any case, have to return to Bangkok.

Are there any ideas what to do?
thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, Faeton said:

received a tourist visa at the Kuala Lumpur Embassy, flew to Bangkok (Don Muang Airport), and the immigration office refused to enter because I have several tourist visas in a row.
(I have with me confirmed and paid ticket from Thailand in next 90 days and a sufficient amount of cash. But them don't care about it :smile:)

Yes, they don't respect or care about the laws they have sworn to uphold at many airport-checkpoints, so will deny entry even if you do not fit into one of the specified categories for rejection of entry.  Please send a copy of your rejection stamp, so we can see what lie they stamped there.

I would go by train to Pedang Besar and enter there.  No problem if you have 20K Baht worth of cash to show.  They actually obey the laws they are sworn to enforce at all land borders except the Poipet/Aranyaprathet checkpoint.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

What stamps did immigration put in your passport? What additional papers do you have a copy of? Please scan and post a copy of your tourist visa, plus the above (after obscuring any personally identifiable information) and we can at least know what the official reason for the denied entry might be. Immigration is allowed, under guidelines issued in 2014, to deny entry to those with multiple visa exempt entries, but there is no way under Section 12 of the Immigration Act to do so with people entering with visas issued at consulates.

Note that it is actually interesting that Kuala Lumpur issued you a tourist visa if you have several previous Thai tourist visas. A couple of years ago, this would have been unlikely. I would also be interested if they also gave a "red stamp" with "This person travels frequently to Thailand on tourist visas ...".

EDIT: Looking back at older posts you made in 2015, I note that, at that time, you referred to a "visa exempt entry" as a "visa". If you were, in fact, denied when trying to enter "visa exempt", you should be able to enter by land (but only twice in a calendar year). Better would be to apply for a visa (perhaps, in Kota Bharu).

Edited by BritTim
Ensure you really do mean with a visa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Faeton said:

Did you have the equivalent of 20k baht in cash?

Proof you have an income for outside the country to prove you have no need to work here?

• Like 1

This really is a dilemma, the ‘goal posts would appear to have been moved’.  This is a hell of a prospect for many people who are contemplating doing what the poster has done.  With them in mind can anyone suggest what they should do between being taken from the first IO to a senior officer. A tourist visa has been paid for and you have 20.000 Baht  cash in hand, would it be possible to ‘negotiate’ a stay and once back in the country work on finding an ‘agent’? 

I see things from the premise that everyone knows what is going on but only a few people with the ability to stop it, want to stop it. 

• Like 1

You can guarantee he was refused entry under suspicion of working due to numerous, continuous TV's.

That's not to say he was, but the onus is on him to prove to an IO he isn't working illegally, if suspected.

He should be carrying proof of an income from outside the Country in his situation.

UJ hit the nail on the head.

Then again, he could be working illegally as many hundreds or thousands of young ''English'' teachers are.

Immigration might have made the right, or wrong decision. Flip a coin!

27 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

as long as they did NOT cancel ur visa

Not sure immigration at an airport can do that. It is not something that can be done by most immigration officers and it has its own procedures to do it.

28 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

having a legal visa does not mean immigration HAS to let you in...This goes for every country.

I'd take the train from KL to Bangkok.....have a good nights rest...

as long as they did NOT cancel ur visa

He will still have a denial of entry stamp in the passport. 

All immigration officers at any entry point in any country has the right to refuse entry to that country even if there is a legal visa issued at an embassy or consulate. If there has been a continual supply of tourist visa's to you and that is the reason for the refusal to be able to enter then I would say that you should have applied for a non-immigrant "O" visa instead of trying to rort the system. There are many that do the right thing but there are also many the try to cheat the system and get caught and then they make things harder for those honest people. Stiff cheddar sport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

Since you're not in possession of the facts, only a self-serving & one-sided version of what happened, you're making a leap to judgement. 

Ok - fair enough - maybe they had evidence of him taking a Thai job without a work-permit - in which case he should have been booted and banned for life (if I had my way). 

It's the removal of non-criminal self-funded visitors, rejection of which is not permitted by the current laws/regulations, which is the problem.  Many past reports indicate this is the case a at airport immigration.

2 hours ago, BaldPlumber said:

I doubt whether many tourists own cars here emoji2.png

technically you can, if you bought a vehicle before the rules changed. The other possibility

he had a non imi and this was chanced another way is the mine is your and you is mine thing ... his Mia owns the car for you're talking about 'my car' based on the regular usage.... 

3 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Having a valid visa issued by a Thai consulate and then being rejected by Thai immigration sums up the madness

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Getting a visa stamp does not say you will be able to enter the country for it is valid for. Common practise around the world.

Get a stamp and able to as well able to stay different stages.

I'll be interested to see if this is a one-off case of someone being refused, or if more people with a similar travel / visa history find themselves getting refused at the border and turned around.  The cat will really be amongst the pigeons if that happens!

Thanks everyone to reply,
i will attach to this post my visa and what them stamp on the last page of my passport.
The visa looks ok. Them not cancel it.
last page i dont understand as is all in thai.
i can show them more then 20k cash. Can show in thai baht or usd.  And i show it Don Mueng airport.
Now im in KL. I have next flight no Phnom Phen in 3 hours.
Then i can take same day flight to Siem Reap. And get by taxi to PoiPet border. 
And maybe try to go inn there? 
IMG_8430.thumb.jpg.25912a3da3c1a5450ac86940b81c9e6e.jpg

Edited by ubonjoe
removed image with personal info
  • Like 1