Phuket immigration says do your tm30 everytime u leave an go back

5 hours ago, The manic said:

Your authority of a drunken night out is meaningless. Here is a pertinent scenario. : You leave your condo to travel around Thailand. You stay at a friend's guesthouse. You are unclear if they have repreported you. You then move on to a small resort where they probably have not reported you. Now when you return to your home has the landlord/ house master reported You? If you visit your IO and tell them you have been away are you snitching on your friend and resorts owners? Has your your landlord informed on you. In your drunken scenario you do not factor in the other parties involved including nosy neighbours or condo committees. So what you say has no relevance as drunkenness is no excuse to ignore the law but does blunt acuity of thought.

Totally incorrect.

I don't have friends who own guest houses nor do I stay in small resorts.

My landlord does not exist as I live perfectly legally in the house that my wife owns on the land that she owns. Nor do I live in Phuket or Chiang Mai and the 2 immigration offices that I have reported to over the last 9 years are not even interested in the forms TM28 or TM30. I have offered both many times and the Immigration officers were not interested.

Please try to understand that not ALL Immigration offices are the same.

So what you say is totally irrelevant to me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tonray said:

OK.. So now they know where my bed and cheap guitar reside... What if they need to locate me between the hours of 9 am and 8 pm ? Or do they simply wait until I get home to arrest me giving me a full 11 hours to wreak havoc within the kingdom? 

it's all nonsense without any logical benefit

Pre-Dawn Raids are often how that sort of thing is done. 

On 27/01/2018 at 6:45 PM, phuketrichard said:

So, as i am changing homes, i will go to phuket with a TM 28 stating such, also with a new TM 30 showing the new address, copy of my lease, copy of landlords id card, copy of Taam bien baan  and a POA (so landlord does not need show up)

and i HOPE am good to go. :-)

I live in Udon and went to re-submit a TM30 after being out of the country. They made me submit a TM30 and TM28. The post on that is here:  https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1021107-tm30-and-tm28-on-the-same-day/?tab=comments#comment-12634943

14 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

true BUT you ,  if ur NOT on a 1 year extension, do not have to report to immigration everytime u return home ...Plus for a tourist or any traveler  the hotel does it for you.

That is what this discussion is all about

Oh sorry, I thought this was about leaving your place of residence for a couple of nights, staying in a hotel. The hotel then reports your stay to immigration and your new address is logged as the hotel. If you then fail to report being back at your original addrress via a TM30, you would be fined 2000 Baht. I think you will also find that everyone, even on a multi entry or visa exempt is supposed to report (well the house owner should) that you are at the address, within 24hrs of arriving !!! Could be wrong :)

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Oh sorry, I thought this was about leaving your place of residence for a couple of nights, staying in a hotel. The hotel then reports your stay to immigration and your new address is logged as the hotel. If you then fail to report being back at your original addrress via a TM30, you would be fined 2000 Baht. I think you will also find that everyone, even on a multi entry or visa exempt is supposed to report (well the house owner should) that you are at the address, within 24hrs of arriving !!! Could be wrong :)

Yes, the TM30 is required to be submitted to immigration by the housemaster, irrespective of what type of visa the foreigner has.

On page two of the TM30, there's a column asking "type of visa".

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tonray said:

At Chaengwattana they would run out of queue numbers if they started this nonsense given the volume of people reporting there.

Given the scenes of bedlam which, I gather, are being witnessed at Jomtien and Chiang Mai these days you are probably correct!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

It is worth mentioning that a serious suggestion was made following the Erawan Shrine bombings that foreigners might be fitted with one of those tracking bracelets used in some countries to track people out on bail. Unlikely to happen, but shows the mindset of some in authority.

Reminds me of a thread on here some time ago about tattooing and foreigners - which, initially, I thought on the basis of its title was about some hare-brained Immigration proposal for us to be required to have the words "I AM A FARANG" tattooed across our foreheads! It was only after delving more thoroughly into this thread that I realised that it was about the appropriateness of foreigners receiving sacred Thai tattoos (or something like that).

On 1/28/2018 at 5:14 AM, cornishcarlos said:

I must be due a massive fine at some point !! Having never filled out a TM30, well not to my knowledge anyway...

But even if Surat Thani were to start asking for a TM30 in your case, it does not automatically follow that you (or, rather,  your housemaster if not you) will be in line for a massive fine if they follow the same practice as as my local office (Maptaput). When I applied for a retirement extension there 18 months ago, an officer explained to my wife that it was high time that she provided them with a completed TM30 as my housemaster after 8 years of my living here, which she duly did. No fine was levied as a result of this heinous oversight on her part!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

When I applied for a retirement extension there 18 months ago, an officer explained to my wife that it was high time that she provided them with a completed TM30 as my housemaster after 8 years of my living here, which she duly did. No fine was levied as a result of this heinous oversight on her part!

... because they never could have figured out where you lived if your wife hadn't reported you as living with her.  

Glad to hear you were not fined.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

A little tricky for me IF I were to go somewhere this week as when I come back my householder (wife) is in BKK 400 km away dealing with lawyers about her Dad's last will and testament. Who therefore could sign the form 30?

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

A little tricky for me IF I were to go somewhere this week as when I come back my householder (wife) is in BKK 400 km away dealing with lawyers about her Dad's last will and testament. Who therefore could sign the form 30?

No idea as I've never done one. Ask at Immigration office...

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That's exactly what the people at the Phuket immigration want, so they can get more money ;)

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Maybe you could plan ahead and ask your wife to pre-fill a couple of TM30 forms, leaving only the date for you to fill in?  Copy her ID and house registration too.

Being boring, I have a saved pdf copy of the TM30 with all the details already entered, and can just add the date  (and new TM6 reference if I've been out of the country) which my wife just signs. I have taken it to immigration myself with no problems.

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Maybe you could plan ahead and ask your wife to pre-fill a couple of TM30 forms, leaving only the date for you to fill in?  Copy her ID and house registration too.

Being boring, I have a saved pdf copy of the TM30 with all the details already entered, and can just add the date  (and new TM6 reference if I've been out of the country) which my wife just signs. I have taken it to immigration myself with no problems.

Actually I have that saved too but is it technically legal to do so?

I also have copies of her ID and blue housebook with signatures.

The last 3 times I have been to Khampaeng Phet Immigration I tooke the TM28 and TM30 with me but they were not interested so all I do now is change the date and take the new ones with me. If they want them, I have them and it saves me the hassle of making another 65km each way trip.

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Actually I have that saved too but is it technically legal to do so?

I also have copies of her ID and blue housebook with signatures.

Why do you ask if it's legal (to save it)?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question, but I download if from the immigration website, fill it in before printing it out. Isn't that why immigration put the forms on their website?

45 minutes ago, billd766 said:

it saves me the hassle of making another 65km each way trip.

If you live so far from the immigration and have to submit a TM30, you could try to give it to the normal police.

The law about this and the TM30 form itself says only "if there is no immigration police in your area (they use ท้องที่) you can give it to the normal police". But they never specify if they mean Province, or Amphoe, or Tambon (it just translates to "area" so it can mean any of them), so if there is no immigration police in your Amphoe, the normal police would maybe accept it.

53 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Why do you ask if it's legal (to save it)?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question, but I download if from the immigration website, fill it in before printing it out. Isn't that why immigration put the forms on their website?

That bit is legal but my thought was if your wife signs the copy that you scanned and then you print 10 copies, is it technically legal.

OTOH do Immigration ever check your wife's signature anyway?

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

That bit is legal but my thought was if your wife signs the copy that you scanned and then you print 10 copies, is it technically legal.

OTOH do Immigration ever check your wife's signature anyway?

Right, I understand now. I didn't actually say that I scanned it.

I said I had a saved copy - I was referring to a copy on my PC - of which I fill in the missing date, etc. in the pdf version of the TM30 on the PC, then my wife signs it.

So it's a form (with details updated) which is printed then signed each time.

The next time, will I update the details of the pdf version of the TM30 on the PC, and print it again.

You could still get your wife to sign a blank TM30 or two, and you fill in the details as necessary.

Both options are legal.

The times I've been into the bank and they've asked me to sign a blank form for them to fill in later (which I refuse to do).

Ha ha, yes would immigration be interested in checking a signature of a form they must see a dozen times every day.

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Yes, the TM30 is required to be submitted to immigration by the housemaster, irrespective of what type of visa the foreigner has.

On page two of the TM30, there's a column asking "type of visa".

Correct, and if you are renting the place you are the house-master, meaning the chief possessor of the residence in your capacity as the tenant, as defined in section 4 of the Immigration Act.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Nothing tricky

FOR PHUKET:::::

A POA form giving u permission to sign for her, ur landlord.

CANT pre fill in forms as phuket immigration specifically states that if the landlord can not show up with you , you need the poa form signed.

POA for notification of stay.jpeg

I just helped my gf do her 90 day report  on Thursday ( she is on a L-A visa,a little but different than a farang 90 day report),  as a POA was required as her employer could not accompany us, we used the above form with me a able to sign for her.

Edited by phuketrichard

9 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Correct, and if you are renting the place you are the house-master, meaning the chief possessor of the residence in your capacity as the' tenant, as defined in section 4 of the Immigration Act.

Yes true, it does cover me as the "chief possessor"  as I have my name on the rental contract, renting it from my sister-in-law.

I usually get my wife to sign the form, and take a copy of her POA from her sister.

In real terms can anyone say that immigration will always accept the renter as the informant, by putting their name on page one (& page two obviously) of the TM30?

Obviously if I took a copy of the rental agreement it might be helpful.

I come under Udon immigration who are pretty good.

34 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Nothing tricky

FOR PHUKET:::::

A POA form giving u permission to sign for her, ur landlord.

CANT pre fill in forms as phuket immigration specifically states that if the landlord can not show up with you , you need the poa form signed.

POA for notification of stay.jpeg

I just helped my gf do her 90 day report  on Thursday ( she is on a L-A visa,a little but different than a farang 90 day report),  as a POA was required as her employer could not accompany us, we used the above form with me a able to sign for her.

Hi,

Just to be pedantic on this point, you said that a pre-filled TM30 was not an option, but I'd guess that if it was pre-filled with your name as the informant, it would be accepted?

Or do Phuket insist you fill in and sign the TM30 in their presence?

Edited by bluesofa

43 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Correct, and if you are renting the place you are the house-master, meaning the chief possessor of the residence in your capacity as the tenant, as defined in section 4 of the Immigration Act.

This is not so easy, what if you rent an apartment or stay at a hotel? Can you be considered the house-master? Probably not. (Actually in the law they write เจ้าบ้าน "house renter" and not ผู้เช่า "tenant", but maybe เจ้าบ้าน can also be used for tenant, my Thai is not good enough to know this detail)

If you rent a house / condo you could possibly be the house master, but you still need access to the blue book of the house. Who should by the way keep the blue book? When you rent a house / condo, could you insist that the owner hands the blue book to you?

Just a speculation, but maybe somebody ever saw something like that:

It would be possible that a general law exists that says something like: If you rent a place and live and are the house-master, your name has to be in the blue book (which would make it impossible to be the house-master if you are foreigner)

23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

In real terms can anyone say that immigration will always accept the renter as the informant, by putting their name on page one (& page two obviously) of the TM30?

Obviously if I took a copy of the rental agreement it might be helpful.

I come under Udon immigration who are pretty good.

In Udon they are not as crazy in Phuket, they interpret the laws in a way that makes sense: They want the TM30 only once (from the house owner), when you move in at a new place (together with a TM28). After this, if you stayed somewhere else and are back at your place they just want a TM28.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is not so easy, what if you rent an apartment or stay at a hotel? Can you be considered the house-master? Probably not. (Actually in the law they write เจ้าบ้าน "house renter" and not ผู้เช่า "tenant", but maybe เจ้าบ้าน can also be used for tenant, my Thai is not good enough to know this detail)

If you rent a house / condo you could possibly be the house master, but you still need access to the blue book of the house. Who should by the way keep the blue book? When you rent a house / condo, could you insist that the owner hands the blue book to you?

Just a speculation, but maybe somebody ever saw something like that:

It would be possible that a general law exists that says something like: If you rent a place and live and are the house-master, your name has to be in the blue book (which would make it impossible to be the house-master if you are foreigner)

In Udon they are not as crazy in Phuket, they interpret the laws in a way that makes sense: They want the TM30 only once (from the house owner), when you move in at a new place (together with a TM28). After this, if you stayed somewhere else and are back at your place they just want a TM28.

Close. As I'd left & re-entered the country, they wanted a new TM30 and a TM28.

Not a real problem, I had both I'd done earlier as I try to turn up with as much as I can think of, to make it a one time visit.