Thailand takes lead as the world’s best country to start a business

rooster59

22 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I assume that report only considers investors from the U.S., who are protected by an antiquated "friendship law" dating back to the Vietnam war and which allows U.S. citizens to actually own 100% of their business. 

As for the rest of us: Yes, it's perhaps easy to start a business with a sackful of money to invest - and lose once your 51% Thai partner smells the profits and saws you off like a dead tree branch; or because your greasy Thai lawyer failed to inform you that as a non-U.S. foreigner you were actually not legally permitted to engage in that sort of business in the first place.

I assume that report only considers investors from the U.S. 

ECHO ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I assume that report only considers investors from the U.S., who are protected by an antiquated "friendship law" dating back to the Vietnam war and which allows U.S. citizens to actually own 100% of their business. 

As for the rest of us: Yes, it's perhaps easy to start a business with a sackful of money to invest - and lose once your 51% Thai partner smells the profits and saws you off like a dead tree branch; or because your greasy Thai lawyer failed to inform you that as a non-U.S. foreigner you were actually not legally permitted to engage in that sort of business in the first place.

I assume that report only considers investors from the U.S. 

Unless things have changed recently if you form a Thai company the restricted businesses do not apply since the company is considered a Thai juristic person. 

14 minutes ago, KICHIKRISH said:

On what basis is this claim because the news article, I read is totally different. Is this news spin or am missing some news information 

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/open-for-business-full-list

Yes you are missing something. It is not "Open for Business Rankings" it is "Best Country to Start a Business Rankings". The World Bank has thousands of rankings for every occasion. Every country gets to be a winner in at least one them.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/best-start-a-business?slide=6

Edited by Cadbury
  • Haha 1