SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have true and they have CNBC and CNN International.  The CNN International has some of the USA broadcasts but not all and I link, for free, to CNN live streaming of the USA broadcast, the video is crap, but the audio is acceptable.  Here's the link: http://www.livenewson.com/american/cnn-news-usa.html  

They also have free links to other news services such as Fox but I haven't tried them.

The link that you provided is not free and I'm done subscribing to non-refundable streaming from the USA.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, wayned said:

I have true and they have CNBC and CNN International.  The CNN International has some of the USA broadcasts but not all and I link, for free, to CNN live streaming of the USA broadcast, the video is crap, but the audio is acceptable.  Here's the link: http://www.livenewson.com/american/cnn-news-usa.html  

They also have free links to other news services such as Fox but I haven't tried them.

The link that you provided is not free and I'm done subscribing to non-refundable streaming from the USA.

Not free? I hadn't noticed that so far. 

Omarosa is on the war path.

Wow.

"Omarosa Considers Writing a Book That Will Have Trump ‘Come After Me With Everything He Has’

She continued, “All the stuff that I just put on a shelf somewhere out of loyalty — I’ve been defending somebody for so long, and I’m now I’m like, ‘Yo, you are a special kind of f–ed up, and that special breed, they’re about to learn all about it.”"

https://m.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Omarosa-Considers-Writing-a-Book-That-Will-Have-12706501.php

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Wow.

"Omarosa Considers Writing a Book That Will Have Trump ‘Come After Me With Everything He Has’

She continued, “All the stuff that I just put on a shelf somewhere out of loyalty — I’ve been defending somebody for so long, and I’m now I’m like, ‘Yo, you are a special kind of f–ed up, and that special breed, they’re about to learn all about it.”"

https://m.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Omarosa-Considers-Writing-a-Book-That-Will-Have-12706501.php

This lady's 15 minutes of fame/infamy is about up. But there's always a buyer willing to monetize that and an audience willing to lap it up. She'd best get her contracts signed PDQ before it is some other bottom feeder's turn at the media trough.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Many of you have witnessed "trump's" hateful racist anti-immigration interpretation of 'The Snake' lyrics. He just did it at CPAC again. Watching that, I thought, oh I get it, he's telling us that HE is the snake but supporters don't get it. So I found this article very interesting. It gives background of the origin of 'The Snake,' how the black family doesn't want him to use it anymore because he uses it to inflame racism, how he always fails to give CREDIT to it's author, and to cap it off a theory I had myself about the hidden meaning of "trump's" use of the snake (He's the snake!) mentioned as well. I guess any thinking person would get that layer of meaning but in case you haven't thought of it, enjoy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/02/24/the-snake-how-trump-appropriated-a-radical-black-singers-lyrics-for-refugee-fearmongering/

"trump's" version at CPAC --

We've got the same problem with many immigrants in the UK. If you can access a BBC program called 'Crimewatch' watch it. Even the liberals at the BBC can't hide the truth when it comes the havoc some of our new arrivals are causing.

• Like 2

Wow.

Attaching ANY credibility to an 'adult' who speaks in the jargon of a prepubescent schoolgirl is grasping at straws.

Just how low is this slimeball reality TV persona willing to go for donations? Here is how low...

Trump campaign emails photo of Parkland survivor, asks for donations

https://us.cnn.com/2018/02/25/politics/trump-campaign-email-parkland-photo/index.html

This craven individual and his staff has no morals or ethics...period.

Edited by Silurian
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2018 at 4:25 AM, lannarebirth said:

Trump's sole prison sentence commutation was to a slaughterhouse operator employing 389 illegals. Some financial fraud too but it was the employeeing of illegals that got the authority's foot in the door.  Strangely, there was wide support for this commutation by Democrats and Republicans alike. Probably because the perp was Jewish with lots of political affiliations. Anyhow, it doesn't look like anyone wants to go after employers. They are the political donation class after all.

Agreed that neither Republicans or Democrats have the boldness to go after the culprits that matter —the employers, but it’s only the Republicans that are blaming America’s problems on immigrants (illegal or otherwise) and creating scapegoats of the weakest in society.

26 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Agreed that neither Republicans or Democrats have the boldness to go after the culprits that matter —the employers, but it’s only the Republicans that are blaming America’s problems on immigrants (illegal or otherwise) and creating scapegoats of the weakest in society.

Not perfect but then what is.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:31 AM, lannarebirth said:

There's always a lot of recency bias in those surveys. Not arguing that Trump doesn't deserve his dead last ranking, but with the perspective of a few more decades passing you won't be seeing Clinton and especially not Obama in the top 20.

Recency bias is a real thing, and you’re probably right about Clinton (possibly as a result of more documents getting unclassified), but I think Obama will likely remain in the top 20, if not top 10. He was the first black president; his administration was relatively free of scandals; more so than many presidents, he was well respected among his peers of democratic world leaders. Even when he had a majority, he made good faith efforts towards bipartisanship, Alienating many on the left of his own party. The failure of that bipartisanship effort due to utter Republican intransigence made clear to left-leaning moderates that future efforts must go towards *genuine* progressive agenda like universal healthcare and effective, uncompromising gun control. In that sense, his presidency may prove consequential. Trump’s presidency because it has galvanized the left, may prove consequential too.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:52 AM, yogi100 said:

At least he's banning these 'bump stock' machine guns which is a step in the right direction and something no other president has had the balls to do.

If he brings in a law to ban a magazine from being able to hold more than six rounds you'll really be making headway.

But then only criminals will get bump stocks!

6 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

But then only criminals will get bump stocks!

And that is a great start, because then the Bump Stock can be tracked and traced and avoid the criminals hiding amongst 5 million "law abiding" gun owners. We might have a chance of tracking down and identifying the criminals then.

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2018 at 5:55 PM, Jack100 said:

He's just been groping his way around for the first year - I'm sure he will get  to grips with the job  in 2018...

Trump’s been “groping” long before he was president. Pretty sure he has the hang of it by now, no?

10 hours ago, meechai said:

Have to be honest

Here in the USA

We cannot say this president is any different than the last

in what we see,feel,experience in our daily lives.

The only noticeable difference is the tantrums thrown by those who

must have voted for the other side.

While that is common after any election, we have never seen tantrums like this past year though.

People really setting a bad example. Much worse than anything they are whining about

You mean tantrums like these?

11 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Recency bias is a real thing, and you’re probably right about Clinton (possibly as a result of more documents getting unclassified), but I think Obama will likely remain in the top 20, if not top 10. He was the first black president; his administration was relatively free of scandals; more so than many presidents, he was well respected among his peers of democratic world leaders. Even when he had a majority, he made good faith efforts towards bipartisanship, Alienating many on the left of his own party. The failure of that bipartisanship effort due to utter Republican intransigence made clear to left-leaning moderates that future efforts must go towards *genuine* progressive agenda like universal healthcare and effective, uncompromising gun control. In that sense, his presidency may prove consequential. Trump’s presidency because it has galvanized the left, may prove consequential too.

Well, I'm not sure about Clinton. IMO he possessed the most political skill of any president in my lifetime. I think due to circumstances of his birth and childhood he had issues with feeling poor and due to his political skill and intelligence it was just too easy for him to take shortcuts, whether it be with women or taking anybody's money on offer. He was always the smartest person in the room and he wasn't always able to impose constraints on himself which is an obligation of such people when necessary. It was just too easy.

Obama I see as the least accomplished president in my lifetime. Protector of banksters, glib orator, no fight in his belly, titanic ego because he was given a pass on so many things.

I think he was the black guy you could hang out with, which isn't about Obama, it is about the person making that judgement. Like one of those Docker commercials full of man love. Catch a Knicks game with him and share a nice micro brew but there's no there there. History may or may not record all that.

Edited by lannarebirth

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Well, I'm not sure about Clinton. IMO he possessed the most political skill of any president in my lifetime. I think due to circumstances of his birth and childhood he had issues with feeling poor and due to his political skill and intelligence it was just too easy for him to take shortcuts, whether it be with women or taking anybody's money on offer. He was always the smartest person in the room and he wasn't always able to impose constraints on himself which is an obligation of such people when necessary. It was just too easy.

Obama I see as the least accomplished president in my lifetime. Protector of banksters, glib orator, no fight in his belly, titanic ego because he was given a pass on so many things.

I think he was the black guy you could hang out with, which isn't about Obama, it is about the person making that judgement. Like one of those Docker commercials full of man love. Catch a Knicks game with him and share a nice micro brew but there's no there there. History may or may not record all that.

I don’t doubt Clinton’s intellect, (matched with an equally big ego) and the finest political skills of any president. It’s the fact that he was indeed prone to taking short cuts and that history may some day reveal a short cut too far that could do in his legacy.

I do doubt your assessment of Obama’s intellect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I don’t doubt Clinton’s intellect, (matched with an equally big ego) and the finest political skills of any president. It’s the fact that he was indeed prone to taking short cuts and that history may some day reveal a short cut too far that could do in his legacy.

I do doubt your assessment of Obama’s intellect.

I didn't say Obama wasn't smart. In fact I think he is quite smart. More the pity.

11 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Obama as the least accomplished president?  He did inherit an economy in freefall and a Bush budget driving a $1.3 trillion deficit (that was a big deal then, it looks like it will be routine under Trump) and he did "oversee" the economy stabilizing and the deficit reduced to a fraction.  How much of this was directly due to actions taken, and how much was due to the confidence from seeing a president willing to take action is open to debate

Oh, and he did provide health insurance to tens of millions of Americans. Obviously a lot of people didn't like how he did it, but it was an accomplishment.

Granted his accomplishments were small compared to Bush--two unfinished wars, turning record budget surpluses into a record deficit, and overseeing an economic bubble that nearly took the nation into a second great depression when it burst.  After a presidency such as this, a do-nothing president would have been an improvement.  No doubt we will feel the same way after Trump, if we make it that far.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Obama as the least accomplished president?  He did inherit an economy in freefall and a Bush budget driving a $1.3 trillion deficit (that was a big deal then, it looks like it will be routine under Trump) and he did "oversee" the economy stabilizing and the deficit reduced to a fraction.  How much of this was directly due to actions taken, and how much was due to the confidence from seeing a president willing to take action is open to debate

Oh, and he did provide health insurance to tens of millions of Americans. Obviously a lot of people didn't like how he did it, but it was an accomplishment.

Granted his accomplishments were small compared to Bush--two unfinished wars, turning record budget surpluses into a record deficit, and overseeing an economic bubble that nearly took the nation into a second great depression when it burst.  After a presidency such as this, a do-nothing president would have been an improvement.  No doubt we will feel the same way after Trump, if we make it that far.

I'm not comparing him to Bush or Trump. If I did they'd rate lower still, but that's pretty faint praise for Obama.

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm not comparing him to Bush or Trump. If I did they'd rate lower still, but that's pretty faint praise for Obama.

Granted, Bush is a low card in the deck, and Trump is the joker, a card that is normally discarded.  However this is a topic about Trump.  Since you brought Obama into the discussion, a comparison to Trump is appropriate.

Consumer Confidence at a 17 year high....

"U.S. consumer confidence jumped to a 17-year high as optimism about employment prospects grew and Americans began seeing additional money in their paychecks from recently enacted tax cuts, data from the New York-based Conference Board showed Tuesday".

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-27/u-s-consumer-confidence-at-17-year-high-as-tax-cuts-take-hold

• Like 1