SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn’t even vote, because it is impossible to give a meaningful answer with articulating a boatload of caveats whichever way one votes.
The poll for whatever it's worth is a springboard to the high level intellectual debate and discussion we're all having.

Yeah.

That's the ticket.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Wow... Just wow. 

have you run out of things to say?  

12 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

PS: You might not want to let Trump live rent-free in your head anymore. 

Speaking of 'rent-free': Public subsidies allow Trump to pay no rent for the first four years of his twenty-year lease; 

In the meantime, New York City residents are covering his water and sewer bills to the cost of roughly $1 million per year. None of the nearby affordable housing complexes have subsidies anywhere near as generous. 

Trump also manages to avoid paying taxes on his residence. His Manhattan apartment receives an abatement to the tune of $20,493 a year, including a credit from the New York State School Tax Relief Program (even though that program has an income cap of $500,000).

source

Boomer asks: he says he's worth over $10 billion.  less than $500k/yr is a rather paltry salary for a person worth over $10 billion (it's one 20,000th of his claimed worth).  That's equivalent of a millionaire earning $50/yr.

Methinks that's one of 1,000 reasons why Trump is scared to release his tax statements.  ....just like he's scared to sit down with Mueller's team.  Whenever Trump starts a sentence saying, "I would love to........."  ...then you know he would hate to do it.    

Even his more strident right wing supporters admit Trump is incapable of telling the truth.  Why else would they all be frantic to keep Trump away from answering questions? 

12 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

another trump bashing thread...yet he thunders on....now they have nothing so its his hair....5555

If the only problem we had about Trump was he covers his bald head with colored straw - we would be a lot cheerier.  No, we reasonable people (who want a strong confident America) have a lot more on Trump than his silly false hair-do.  Mueller is "making a list, checking it twice, finding out who's been naughty or nice."   .....and Trump and his cohorts in crimes comprise a list of law-breaking that goes on for pages.

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

Agreed.  Not voting because your dream candidate didn't make it to the general election is immature and unpatriotic.  If you care about your country you will vote, even if it is a vote for the lesser of two evils.

As guess that's directed at me. Well, I did vote, Just not for either of the two major party candidates.

I think you are wrong in your assertion regarding the lesser of two evils. I think that is very short sighted and more often than not moves society further away over the long term from what your flawed decision in the present was trying to achieve. I'll give you an example. Obamacare is a terrifically flawed piece of legislation that picked winners and losers as regards access to affordable healthcare. It moved society further away from single payer healthcare, a stated goal of yours. It is the failure or repeal of Obamacare that will bring you closer to that goal. Sometimes that is hard to see when people are fixated on every news story that comes out and lose perspective of the bigger picture. 24 hour news media is controlling how people think now. No time for reflection, thus perspective, as there's new unimportant news to be digested everyday. 

29 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

As guess that's directed at me. Well, I did vote, Just not for either of the two major party candidates.

I think you are wrong in your assertion regarding the lesser of two evils. I think that is very short sighted and more often than not moves society further away over the long term from what your flawed decision in the present was trying to achieve. I'll give you an example. Obamacare is a terrifically flawed piece of legislation that picked winners and losers as regards access to affordable healthcare. It moved society further away from single payer healthcare, a stated goal of yours. It is the failure or repeal of Obamacare that will bring you closer to that goal. Sometimes that is hard to see when people are fixated on every news story that comes out and lose perspective of the bigger picture. 24 hour news media is controlling how people think now. No time for reflection, thus perspective, as there's new unimportant news to be digested everyday.

The comment was not directed at you.  I think that in an election in which the Republican candidate was so obviously, dangerously unqualified as Trump it was a bad idea to vote third party, but not as bad as not voting.

But I do think you should save your symbolic protest votes for elections in which the outcome is not in doubt.  

Your rationale on Obamacare and elections seems along the idea that in order to fix a system it first needs to be thoroughly broken.  That is a dangerous misconception; once a system is broken it is impossible to know what will replace it.  The great thinkers that underpinned the French Revolution with ideals of "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" did not plan on years of chaos and bloodshed leading to a soldier crowning himself emperor.  That is one of the reasons I oppose the Republican "starve the beast" justification for tax cuts--they want to break the country financially in order to reduce the size of government.  Incremental improvements, and avoiding steps backward, are a much safer way to improve things than breaking stuff and hoping it will somehow reassemble itself into something better.

2 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Even his fake hair is trying to leave him!

I'm not sure making fun of an old man due to his thinning hair is a good and tolerant thing to do? It is clear that Trump's hair and appearance is of concern to him. It seems nasty, vindictive and petty. Would you be making fun of a minority person on this forum for their appearance?  Perhaps it is a good idea to offer the same courtesy to all public figures regardless of your personal hates? 

Trump is doing a great job, I am proven correct every time I watch CNN. The desperation is now palpable. Nobody likes getting caught in a big lie, especially after they doubled down on that big lie for a whole year. Trump WILL finish his 1st term and I'll eat my hat if he doesn't finish a second term also. The impeachment we were on the cusp of months ago - well it;s been forgotten about completely. 

32 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

The impeachment we were on the cusp of months ago - well it;s been forgotten about completely. 

Forgotten?  555555...you Trump minions are even more delusional than Trump.  The Special Counsel is still doing his job and the Russia investigation continues to be in the news, practically every day....

[Journalists Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, whose reporting on the Watergate scandal led to the resignation of former President Richard Nixon, said that President Trump's response to the Russia investigation is "eerily similar" to the situation they uncovered more than 45 years ago.]

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-russia-investigation-eerily-similar-to-saturday-night-massacre-say-bob-woodward-and-carl-bernstein/article/2648743

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/10/politics/donald-trump-democrats-fbi-intelligence/index.html

1 hour ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Trump is doing a great job, I am proven correct every time I watch CNN. The desperation is now palpable. Nobody likes getting caught in a big lie, especially after they doubled down on that big lie for a whole year. Trump WILL finish his 1st term and I'll eat my hat if he doesn't finish a second term also. The impeachment we were on the cusp of months ago - well it;s been forgotten about completely. 

What type of hat do  you wear?  I'd like to see a photo of the hat you're going to eat.  When Trump inevitably leaves the WH before his first term (or as you claim: his 2nd term) is over, please get a close-up video of yourself eating your hat. Thanks.

FR opines: "Trump is doing a great job, I am proven correct every time I watch CNN. The desperation is now palpable."

Boomer responds: Trump hitches his horse to the only indicator which is positive: Dow Jones numbers going up.  No matter that the Dow (and job #'s) went up more robustly during Obama's time in office.  Yet, how does Trump celebrate himself when the Dow plummets, ....as it did a few days ago?  Silence of the lamb.

I thought CNN was 'fake news' for Right Wingers.  You're supposed to get your 'news' from Trump cheerleaders at Fox. CNN isn't desperate about anything, except  trying to stem the debilitation of the USA.  It has news and it has commentary.  Trump fans need to be able to discern between those two things.

50 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

[Journalists Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, whose reporting on the Watergate scandal led to the resignation of former President Richard Nixon, said that President Trump's response to the Russia investigation is "eerily similar" to the situation they uncovered more than 45 years ago.]

Nixon, for his flaws, was head and shoulders above Trump. Nixon knew how to be a gentleman in mixed company.  Nixon didn't invite top Soviet agents and TASS into the Oval Office while barring any US journalists - and go on to reveal sensitive intel data to the Russians.   Nixon wasn't a name-caller.  Nixon had political experience before becoming prez.  Nixon had some respect for US institutions.  Nixon was a lawyer and had some knowledge/respect for rule of law, or at least its machinations.  

Trump has none of that. 

Nixon was corrupt and paranoid and a liar, but still miles better than Trump.

1 hour ago, FreddieRoyle said:

I'm not sure making fun of an old man due to his thinning hair is a good and tolerant thing to do? It is clear that Trump's hair and appearance is of concern to him. It seems nasty, vindictive and petty.

You mean one shouldn't be nasty, vindictive and petty towards a person that's nasty, vindictive and petty?

21 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I thought CNN was 'fake news' for Right Wingers.  You're supposed to get your 'news' from Trump cheerleaders at Fox. CNN isn't desperate about anything, except  trying to stem the debilitation of the USA.  It has news and it has commentary.  Trump fans need to be able to discern between those two things.

If they were able to discern anything at all they wouldn't be fans of the man-child.

1 minute ago, Becker said:

You mean one shouldn't be nasty, vindictive and petty towards a person that's nasty, vindictive and petty?

Can people not accept that Trump doing his best to make America great again doesn't mean that he dislikes other nations and nationalities? That is his job, working for Americans. This should not need to be pointed out. Now, the name calling here is very immature and unnecessary and IMO does not lend any strength to the arguments against Trump (which I am sure there are some valid ones) just not about his personal appearance. 

As has been noted on many occasions the vindictive garbage posted about an old man doing his best is turning more and more Americans to support Trump, his approval rating is now higher than Obamas was at this stage in his term. Please try and stick to the issues at hand ie Trump finishing his first term and leave the name calling to school kids and fools.

17 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Man you and a couple others in here have it SO bad, and this echo chamber you live in is so foul , that you actually think that the unhinged stuff you guys post and the hatred you carry is somehow normal.

You mean feeling hatred towards an amoral, vindictive, petulant, petty, misogynistic, p***y grabbing (I could go on here) man-child who cozies up to dictators, alienates natural allies, lies pathologically, undermines democracy (I could go on here) is somehow abnormal??

Not in the real world Touchy, not in the real world.

15 minutes ago, Becker said:

You mean feeling hatred towards an amoral, vindictive, petulant, petty, misogynistic, p***y grabbing (I could go on here) man-child who cozies up to dictators, alienates natural allies, lies pathologically, undermines democracy (I could go on here) is somehow abnormal??

Not in the real world Touchy, not in the real world.

Easy......take a deep breath and possibly ease up on the meds, or increase as the case may be. Lotta hatred between those ears.

2 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Can people not accept that Trump doing his best to make America great again doesn't mean that he dislikes other nations and nationalities? That is his job, working for Americans. This should not need to be pointed out. Now, the name calling here is very immature and unnecessary and IMO does not lend any strength to the arguments against Trump (which I am sure there are some valid ones) just not about his personal appearance. 

As has been noted on many occasions the vindictive garbage posted about an old man doing his best is turning more and more Americans to support Trump, his approval rating is now higher than Obamas was at this stage in his term. Please try and stick to the issues at hand ie Trump finishing his first term and leave the name calling to school kids and fools.

FR opines: " Trump doing his best to make America great again"

Boomer:  Trump's best is worse than Bernie Madoff's worst.

FR opines: "That is his job, working for Americans."

Boomer: ....uh huh, by kicking 2 million people from health benefits, and de-listing large tracts of land from the National Park and BLM oversight - for miners and loggers.

FR: "...name calling here is very immature and unnecessary...."

Boomer:  Q:  who is the world's #1 name-caller (?), ...and immature one, at that.

The world, along with most American's are disgusted with Trump. Don't see it, if you're determined not to see it.

2 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

They can’t help it. In the noggins of the liberals that infest this thread, trump is literally Hitler, and according to several sufferers of acute Trump Derangement Syndrome in here - you and me are bigots and racists who deserve nothing but distain. 

I'm a liberal and I don't see Trump as Hitler.  Hitler didn't eat junk food hamburgers (or meat of any kind), Hitler didn't call baby names to anyone who opposed him, and Hitler wasn't a pussy grabber.  It's doubtful that Hitler would invite agents from adversarial countries into his personal office and tell them intel secrets which would endanger SS operatives.   Also, Hitler caused the death of many people, which Trump hasn't yet done.  Hitler and Trump are very different.

7 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

I'm not sure making fun of an old man due to his thinning hair is a good and tolerant thing to do? It is clear that Trump's hair and appearance is of concern to him. It seems nasty, vindictive and petty. Would you be making fun of a minority person on this forum for their appearance?  Perhaps it is a good idea to offer the same courtesy to all public figures regardless of your personal hates? 

Which of Trump's many big lies are you referring to? 

How is he doing a good job?  Any new trade deals?  Progress in Syria, where we are in danger of military confrontation with Turkey, a key NATO ally?  Afghanistan, where the Taliban have solidified their hold in the countryside and are staging attacks in Kabul?

5 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

"Can people not accept that Trump doing his best to make America great again doesn't mean that he dislikes other nations and nationalities?"

Watching TV, tweeting about TV, cozying up to dictators and autocrats, offending allies, and,  well, not much else. He clearly doesn't like to work too hard.

8 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

But I'm sure Trump deserves credit  - as POTUS- for setting new frontiers to tolerance  (remember how he enjoyed to mock other people's appareance).

As a candidate and as President, he is now a role model for young children, and you are quite right, he deserves empathy - if not pity -  for the narcissistic wounds inflicted to his public image, although his own ethics and morals fail to meet your  requirements  (I'm quoting this part of your post " Perhaps it is a good idea to offer the same courtesy to all public figures regardless of your personal hates? ") Trump struggled all his lifelong for. 

“The devil…that proud spirit…cannot endure to be mocked.” 

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2015/02/laughing-lucifer-lewis.html

As trump clearly has some very disturbing tendencies towards wanting to be and acting (as much as he can which is a lot) as an American fascist dictator, I think pretty much any legal tactic makes sense to deflate the baby man in front of his public. Ever heard of the Emperor has no clothes? It's like that. The recent viral back wind bald video is a light version of that. He's a sham con man in every possible way. The more people that realize that the better. 

On 2/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, heybruce said:

Just heard a clip of Trump gloating about catching the Democrats at something.  I'm not sure what he thinks they were caught at.  There was also a Republican spin doctor claiming that the Russia investigation was opened based on the Steele dossier, which is obviously false.

I don't know if Trump and his people are really stupid and believe their nonsense, or if they just have zero respect for the intelligence of the Trump base.

"intelligence of the Trump base" ????? humnnnnnnn Is there such a thing? Is this a trick? :-)  lol 

republicans and fox.jpg

9 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

You mean the old man who said on TV and at a public rally "You think I would have gone with that woman, take a look at her seriously" , when accused by someone of sexual harassment, the old man who has called women 'ugly, or fat,or liars' since he has been POTUS. The old man that mocked a disabled reporter (and he DID), you mean mocking that old man is not a good and tolerant thing to do? THAT old man deserves to be mocked and ridiculed 1000 times more than he is currently being mocked. He deserves shaming, he deserves criticism (the perp walk will do it - after he has had the prison haircut), in fact he deserves everything that karma is going to dish up on a silver platter and a lot more besides. Do I hate and despise him - yes! Am I a bigoted and hateful person - No! Do I care one iota if that is what you think of me - No!

10 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

But it's OK for an old man to make fun of people? :saai:

8 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Trump is doing his best to obey Putin. 

Tourism To The U.S. Crashes Under Donald Trump , Costing $4.6 Billion And 40,000 Jobs

Trump promised to be the best President ever for jobs, but he might be hurting jobs more than he’s helping. One industry that’s getting hit hardest because of Trump is U.S. Tourism.

https://www.truthexam.com/2018/02/tourism-u-s-crashes-trump-costing-4-6-billion-40000-jobs/

3 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Tourism To The U.S. Crashes Under Donald Trump , Costing $4.6 Billion And 40,000 Jobs

Trump promised to be the best President ever for jobs, but he might be hurting jobs more than he’s helping. One industry that’s getting hit hardest because of Trump is U.S. Tourism.

https://www.truthexam.com/2018/02/tourism-u-s-crashes-trump-costing-4-6-billion-40000-jobs/

I hope those are the tourists that go to the National Parks. Getting a little crowded up in there.

Archived