SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

I hope those are the tourists that go to the National Parks. Getting a little crowded up in there.

Can´t go here they are soon to be oil fields. 

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I hope those are the tourists that go to the National Parks. Getting a little crowded up in there.

Crowded in Lanna?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

Can´t go here they are soon to be oil fields. 

Most recently at the Grand Canyon. Thousands of mostly Asians taking selfies each day, crowding out other tourists. The Grand Canyon's right behind them but they're taking selfies!

Speaking of oilfields. There are oilfields, gas wells and coalmines on nearby reservations. Voted on by the indigenous people who live there. The government totally mismanged the royalties they were due to the tune of billions of dollars.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

Most recently at the Grand Canyon. Thousands of mostly Asians taking selfies each day, crowding out other tourists. The Grand Canyon's right behind them but they're taking selfies!

Speaking of oilfields. There are oilfields, gas wells and coalmines on nearby reservations. Voted on by the indigenous people who live there. The government totally mismanged the royalties they were due to the tune of billions of dollars.

USA is a "bit" bigger than GC.

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

The government totally mismanged the royalties they were due to the tune of billions of dollars.

You mean that after their land was taken from them and they were forced onto reservations, the US government didn t  take their subsurface rights away from them as well?  Are you angry that blacks can own more than 40 acres and a mule too?

One thing I do agree with DT about, is that the USA is the laughingstock of the world.

But the reason is HIM, he'd probably disagree with that.

This loyalty to him is baffling.  He is so outright a fraud, how can so many people not see this?  He is, and has always been, the fourth grader who is too big for his britches, as the old saying goes.

US right-wingers have forever been against the UN because, they say, it puts the fate of the US in the hands of foreigners.  But they seem to be ok with Russia calling the shots these days.  Hey, you guys like Russia so much you should emigrate go there to live.

5 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

The government totally mismanged the royalties they were due to the tune of billions of dollars.

You mean that after their land was taken from them and they were forced onto reservations, the US government didn t  take their subsurface rights away from them as well?  Are you angry that blacks can own more than 40 acres and a mule too?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm thinking you may have misunderstood.

And the laughing at, not with, Trump continues:

"Hollywood star Robert De Niro took aim at the Trump administration's stance on climate change, telling a packed audience in the Middle East that he was visiting from a "backward" country suffering from "temporary insanity".... 

....De Niro received applause and laughs when he said the U.S. "will eventually cure itself by voting our dangerous leader" out of office".

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/celebrity_news/2018/02/robert_de_niro_takes_aim_at_trumps_climate_change_policy

On 2/6/2018 at 11:55 PM, Jingthing said:

trump called democrats who didn't adoringly stand for the "great leader" "trump"'s total B.S. speech TREASONOUS.

I see this as a political opportunity like when Hillary Clinton called some "trump supporters" deplorables.

Americans have proven how stupid and gullible they are to a bullying CON MAN electing a wanna be dictator in "trump" but there may just be a limit. Emphasis on maybe. 

Having the FREEDOM to not supplicate to a wannabe dictator without being labeled a traitor is deeply in the American DNA.

I see a politically exploitable moment. 

Of course not about impeachment or resignation directly, but about kicking the republicans out of power in congress this year!

I hope women unite, run for office, vote Trump defenders OUT. I believe women are the only salvation America has. 

On 2/6/2018 at 11:58 PM, Thakkar said:

Wikipedia is fake pedia, everybody says so; they’re part of the Deep State and financed by Soros and The Clinton Foundation—just ask Alex Jones.

:stoner:

Which reminds me of the idiocy Trump and Faux spew e.g. "people are saying" "I was told" ... how can individuals with a modicum of intellect not ask what people/ who told you/ where's the documentation? WOW. Used car salesmen will delight in them showing up. Donald sure did; he's the BEST liar.

A very informed preview of the second year of the "trump" scam, already started. 

Here’s what Year Two of Trump’s scam will look like

President Trump’s first year in office confirmed what many of us long suspected: his “populist economic nationalism” was largely a scam. Trump mostly abandoned the “economic” side of Trumpism, hewing to plutocratic and regressive GOP orthodoxy on taxes and the safety net, while translating xenophobic ethno-nationalist appeals into policy and ramping up white-identity politics wherever humanly (or perhaps subhumanly?) possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/02/12/heres-what-year-two-of-trumps-scam-will-look-like/

18 hours ago, ballpoint said:

And the laughing at, not with, Trump continues:

"Hollywood star Robert De Niro took aim at the Trump administration's stance on climate change, telling a packed audience in the Middle East that he was visiting from a "backward" country suffering from "temporary insanity".... 

....De Niro received applause and laughs when he said the U.S. "will eventually cure itself by voting our dangerous leader" out of office".

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/celebrity_news/2018/02/robert_de_niro_takes_aim_at_trumps_climate_change_policy

I can relate, it's a NYC thing: you see somebody running a scam and it's galling to see them getting away with it, and DeNiro's been bristling over him since the campaign.  I can relate, part of the Darwinism of the place is that if you can't spot somebody like this by the time you're 20 years old you'll probably be a Natural Born Sucker till the end of your days.  The instinct is to put the scoundrel in his place, and to shake the mark and say "can't you see what he's doing?"  And that's the reason he got only 15% of the vote in his home town (actually I'm surprised he got that much, probably the transplants from the hinterland fell for it).

On the other hand, he's probably an inspiration for all the petty con men on the LOS expat scene.

It seems it is just another tear drop in Trump's Trail of Tears:

Trump's $4.4 trillion budget moves deficit sharply higher

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump unveiled a $4.4 trillion budget for next year that heralds an era of $1 trillion-plus federal deficits and — unlike the plan he released last year — never comes close to promising a balanced ledger even after 10 years.

The budget submitted Monday shows the growing deficits despite major cuts for domestic programs, largely because of last year's tax overhaul, which is projected to cause federal tax revenue to drop. This budget does not yet reflect last week's two-year bipartisan $300 billion pact that wholly rejects Trump's plans to slash domestic agencies.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trumps-4-trillion-budget-helps-062340996.html

On 2/7/2018 at 8:52 AM, Thakkar said:

Book: “How Democracies Die” by Steven Levitsky and Danial Zeblat (both professors of government at Harvard).

The authors Argue that the slow erosion of vital norms of behavior is how the death spiral begins. We’ve seen it happen in Venezuela, then Turkey, and now, slowly, is happening in Hungary. The US isn’t any of those countries; it’s institutions are far stronger—but still, there are risks. Let’s hope the US is not next on that list. The big reveal of 2017 has been that what we assumed were legal constraints on Presidential behavior were merely norms. Trump has trampled on many of those norms and paid no price.

The authors identify certain key indicators in *potential* despots that are publicly identifiable *before* such people get into office. Trump, in 2016, the authors argue, ticked all the boxes. The indicators are: A weak commitment to democratic rules of the game or an unwillingness to play by democratic rules of the game, the denial of the legitimacy of your opponents, a toleration or encouragement of violence, and the willingness to curtail the civil liberties of your opponent, including the press.

This fat ass excels in at least this area. 

dictator mold.jpg

This man will do anything, and everything that is within his power, to obey the lobbyists. He has re-populated the swamp with his own banksters, and lobbyists. He is trying to gain as much advantage for corporations, energy companies, weapons manufacturers, the timber interests, and others who are looking to strip the country bare, make war, and do as little as possible for the common man. He is the utter opposite of nobility, grace, diplomacy, and elegance. He does not possess one nanogram of decency, morality, or ethics. He absolutely refuses to ever speak the truth, as he and nearly everything he stands for is the polar opposite of truth. He will never do the right thing. He just does not have it in him.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:50 AM, heybruce said:

Really?  You don't remember all his ranting about trade deficits, promises to declare China a currency manipulator, and threats to pull out of trade deals where the US is running a deficit?

How about a source from a news source that loves Trump as much as Trump loves Trump?    

" Trump noted that the new trade deficit numbers—the deficit was the biggest in six years at $51.4 billion in March, just announced this week—are another sign the United States is getting raked over the coals on an international level."   http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/08/exclusive-donald-trump-disaster-trade-deal-empowers-americas-enemies-another-sign-country-is-going-to-hell/

Here are a couple of others:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/330590-trump-trade-deficits-hurt-the-economy-very-badly

https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/01/politics/donald-trump-china-rape/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/11/08/in-beijing-trump-lavishes-praise-on-chinese-leader-touts-great-chemistry-between-them/?utm_term=.69278b49c118

In the last one Trump backed off from the "rape" claims and accused past administrations for the trade deficit:

“We’ve gotten so far behind on trade with China and frankly many other countries,” Trump said ahead of a bilateral meeting with Xi, before adding he has “great respect” for Xi for “representing China.”

Trump blamed past U.S. administrations “for having allowed it to get so far out of kilter."

And yet Trump and his families business' purchase so many items from China. lol Every tie fat ass wears is made in China.  EVERYTHING 45 says is a/b 95% BS. He's a pathological liar and more. How can America feel proud of this pathetic person?  Oh I'll rejoice when he's finally GONE.

Record levels of misery in America. It must be due to all that "winning" we keep hearing about!

Why Americans have plummeted into record levels of misery

https://moneyish.com/ish/18818/

For the first time on record, there was not a single state in America that saw an improvement in its residents’ levels of overall well-being...

10 minutes ago, mania said:

Why does your constant lack of comprehension suppose others will break it down into tiny enough pieces to fit in your quart?:smile:

Ok one time for you........

The guy who posted the silly propaganda pic lives where? Its right there under his name you can find it...try

Then has the notion to complain about what makes his left wing fantasy a dictator while living in a place where his money like it

or not does in fact support a real dictator...Yeah cry me a river

Hey Bruce your out of tokens  :wink:

I see, spending money that finds its way to dictators is supporting a dictatorship, just as buying Chinese goods supports Chinese communism, and buying products from oil that originated in the middle east supports Arab autocracies.  For that reason the person who lives in Thailand and calls Trump a dictator wannabe is a hypocrite.

Thank you for explaining that.  And Prayut thanks you for your support.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:40 AM, Credo said:

It seems it is just another tear drop in Trump's Trail of Tears:

Trump's $4.4 trillion budget moves deficit sharply higher

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump unveiled a $4.4 trillion budget for next year that heralds an era of $1 trillion-plus federal deficits and — unlike the plan he released last year — never comes close to promising a balanced ledger even after 10 years.

The budget submitted Monday shows the growing deficits despite major cuts for domestic programs, largely because of last year's tax overhaul, which is projected to cause federal tax revenue to drop. This budget does not yet reflect last week's two-year bipartisan $300 billion pact that wholly rejects Trump's plans to slash domestic agencies.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trumps-4-trillion-budget-helps-062340996.html

Trump is so desperate for adoration that he's willing to do anything except govern.  Spending money that you don't have is easy.  Maduro has been doing in it Venezuela and look what that's done to the country.  What boggles my mind is that the so-called conservative party, the one who's supposed to be against deficit spending, is crazy quiet while cutting revenue and spending us into oblivion.  The Republican party is truly failing America.

We all laugh and make fun of Trump.  I mean, the man is an idiot...obviously.  But can he be a danger to America?  I wonder....

[“What we need to understand is that for him, this also is pushing him towards pushing the nuclear button because it would solve all of his problems,” said Gartner, claiming that Trump has no empathy or concern for the people whose lives would be destroyed.]

[“We are not in a static situation—we are in a deteriorating situation,” said Gartner, concluding, “As every day goes by, we are at greater risk of total annihilation.”]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-investigation-pressuring-trump-toward-014932956.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

58 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

We all laugh and make fun of Trump.  I mean, the man is an idiot...obviously.  But can he be a danger to America?  I wonder....

[“What we need to understand is that for him, this also is pushing him towards pushing the nuclear button because it would solve all of his problems,” said Gartner, claiming that Trump has no empathy or concern for the people whose lives would be destroyed.]

[“We are not in a static situation—we are in a deteriorating situation,” said Gartner, concluding, “As every day goes by, we are at greater risk of total annihilation.”]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-investigation-pressuring-trump-toward-014932956.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

On 2/6/2018 at 7:09 PM, malagateddy said:

Sorry Sir..but my knowledge of American Politics is limited..but as an outsider..I think it's good that an anti-globalist won the day..as a side issue..I have also read "the mena cover up" etc etc..
The Clintons are a dirty word to me

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I’m curious. What, to your mind, is an anti-globalist?

Is it someone who chooses to settle for smaller profits by having their products made in America by American workers?

Is it someone who invests in projects whichever country offers potential profits?

is it someone who lifts restriction on multi national corporations from bribing corrupt foreign governments?

Is it someone who signs a law that gives a tax holiday to multinationals to bring their profits home, instead of a law that demands they pay their fair share like many smaller companies already do?

And for all the folks that think Wikileaks isn't biased...

WikiLeaks' Assange shows pro-Republican view in reported leaks

https://www.cnet.com/news/wikileaks-julian-assange-is-pro-gop-anti-clinton-in-reported-leaks/?

In a private Twitter chat group, Assange called Democratic Party candidate Hillary Clinton a "bright, well-connected, sadistic sociopath" and said, "We believe it would be much better for the GOP to win,"...

Collusion, no delusion.

House Russia investigation has 'abundance' of evidence against Trump, says top Democrat

He said: “There is certainly an abundance of non-public information that we’ve gathered in the investigation. And I think some of that non-public evidence is evidence on the issue of collusion and some … on the issue of obstruction.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/14/trump-russia-investigation-evidence-collusion-obstruction-adam-schiff

6 hours ago, Silurian said:

And for all the folks that think Wikileaks isn't biased...

WikiLeaks' Assange shows pro-Republican view in reported leaks

https://www.cnet.com/news/wikileaks-julian-assange-is-pro-gop-anti-clinton-in-reported-leaks/?

He probably approached Team Hillary and they told him to shove it.

Yeah, he flushed his cred down the toilet in 2016.  It's not like he is a great political mind in the first place. 

I suspect he was led to believe if he helped DT get elected that the US president would somehow make his problems go away.  Joke's on you, Juli.  Maybe he's setting up to help him get re-elected in 2020 on the same promise.  Hey, if I hated the US I would be pro-DT too.

On the other hand DT will initiate a tsunami of pardons at some point, we'll see if boyo gets mentioned. 

Wouldn't it be a crying shame if someone bought the building the Ecuadorian embassy is in and they had to move out?  I wonder if Ecuador is considering this just for the sake of getting rid of him.

On 2/13/2018 at 2:56 AM, Silurian said:

Record levels of misery in America. It must be due to all that "winning" we keep hearing about!

Why Americans have plummeted into record levels of misery

https://moneyish.com/ish/18818/

"The problem with this country is all the damned foreigners taking our jobs."

Ok, so DT is getting rid of the foreigners, what's your excuse now?

I'm sure all the natural-born citizens are overjoyed that all the domestic help and $40/day fruit picking jobs are now available to them.  With all these minimum-wage jobs opening up they can't claim unemployment benefits any more (part of the deal is you have to be actively looking for work), good reason to be miserable right there.  "Well, Mr Hatfield, there's a Burger King and a Wendy's in your town that is hiring..."

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

"The problem with this country is all the damned foreigners taking our jobs."

Ok, so DT is getting rid of the foreigners, what's your excuse now?

I'm sure all the natural-born citizens are overjoyed that all the domestic help and $40/day fruit picking jobs are now available to them.  With all these minimum-wage jobs opening up they can't claim unemployment benefits any more (part of the deal is you have to be actively looking for work), good reason to be miserable right there.  "Well, Mr Hatfield, there's a Burger King and a Wendy's in your town that is hiring..."

So the illegals only take fruit picking jobs and domestic help work? If one has spent their life with a white collar job, making good money well good for you. But, those of us who are content with blue collar work will paint a different picture. The illegals left the fields long ago to work in factories, slaughter houses, warehouses and the construction trade. And those jobs are wanted by Americans. As the illegals leave, the employers are going to have to start paying decent wages.

8 hours ago, bendejo said:

Hey, if I hated the US I would be pro-DT too.

That’s the money quote. I hadn’t considered that at all, and yet it’s so obvious. I used to respect Assange and his work. I still adhere to his original principles as expressed in the various pieces he’d written almost two decades ago. But now he is clearly in self-preservation mode and willing to do anything to get out of the bind he’s in.

Archived