SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Youre talking to someone here that is paying $1480/month for insurance BECAUSE of “Obamacare” (less coverage too) so you can stop lying & turd polishing. 

If if you don’t know what you’re talking about and don’t use the system you really shouldn’t opine. It’s really annoying for the people that are taking the brunt of it all. 

You're obviously wealthy and not getting subsidized ACA. That was a flaw in ACA. The proper thing would be to reform and fix it, not destroy it for all that do benefit from it in life saving ways as "trump" is doing. That said, I think you have a valid gripe. You represent a small  percentage of ACA plan buyers but that doesn't make your gripe any less valid or real. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're obviously wealthy and not getting subsidized ACA. That was a flaw in ACA. The proper thing would be to reform and fix it, not destroy it for all that do benefit from it in life saving ways as "trump" is doing. That said, I think you have a valid gripe. You represent a small  percentage of ACA plan buyers but that doesn't make your gripe any less valid or real. 

A small percentage? Wealthy?

The subsidy cuts off for a family of 2 at about $52k a year.

I am one of the lucky ones. My parents pay $1030/month and I’m paying for that too. Mines more than tripled and theirs has doubled. 

This subject has been beaten to death. All I can do is shake my head when people marginalize people like me and my family. That’s further insulting when dems quote the “millions already on Obamacare” like they were all saved. We were forced onto it, damn it. 

21 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

A small percentage? Wealthy?

The subsidy cuts off for a family of 2 at about $52k a year.

I am one of the lucky ones. My parents pay $1030/month and I’m paying for that too. Mines more than tripled and theirs has doubled. 

This subject has been beaten to death. All I can do is shake my head when people marginalize people like me and my family. That’s further insulting when dems quote the “millions already on Obamacare” like they were all saved. We were forced onto it, damn it. 

You're barking up the wrong tree. ACA was actually a Romney REPUBLICAN idea including the mandates. I've been for Canadian style universal all my life. You can't fix the health care problem in the USA without aggressively attacking costs. ACA didn't do that. It was very flawed but the allowing preexisting conditions was very popular. That is being chipped away by "trump." The pre ACA status quo was worse than ACA but now we're going backwards other than forwards. In the long run, that might be OK as the democrats are going to run in 2020 on something much closer to universal than ACA. 

In any case, I already agreed that you have a legit complaint. Don't kiss a gift horse. I don't think it was logical to throw the baby out with the bathwater and that's the result of "trump's" health NOT CARE policies. 

BTW, thank you for discussing something of substance instead of your continued obnoxious personal attacks on my freedom to express my opinions here. Please keep that up. 

Edited by Jingthing

18 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Yep, and trump has more than doubled the amount of Daca recipients but the dems are still obstructing. 

Nothing he is asking for is crazy and it’s in line with other so-called “civilized countries” that every one keeps banging on about. 

But oh no, nope, that argument only works when libs use it. 

"more than doubled the amount of DACA recipients"?  Care to defend that statement?

What has Trump asked for on DACA? 

• Like 1

Just now, heybruce said:

When has the Trump base been silent, and when were they a majority? 

He has never had majority support among Americans and he never will because he's the most DIVISIVE president in American history and his core base is way under 50 percent. That said, because of the U.S. election system, he may indeed still be reelected. 

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"more than doubled the amount of DACA recipients"?  Care to defend that statement?

What has Trump asked for on DACA? 

Going from memory here because I’m on my phone but it was something like 700k dreamers upped to 1.7 million dreamers by trump in exchange for his requests. Wall, chain migration, border security, etc. 

You don’t remember this? Or am I in for an excruciating dose of semantic hair splitting from you next... 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Going from memory here because I’m on my phone but it was something like 700k dreamers upped to 1.7 million dreamers by trump in exchange for his requests. Wall, chain migration, border security, etc. 

You don’t remember this? Or am I in for an excruciating dose of semantic hair splitting from you next... 

Going from memory here, but you are referring to an offer made as part of an unacceptable immigration package.  I don't know where they got the number of 1.7 million DACA qualified, but those unwilling to identify themselves before Trump will certainly not identify themselves now. 

In other words, it was a BS offer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silurian said:

Foreshadowing?

NY Times: Trump looking at adding impeachment lawyer to WH team

https://us.cnn.com/2018/03/10/politics/donald-trump-emmet-flood-robert-mueller/index.html

Is not the White Hose team paid by the State?

This would be a personal thing and said lawyers should be paid for out of his own pockets, they are plenty deep enough. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Chain migration is a racist way of saying family reunification. Look at "trump" himself. His current wife had worked illegally, lied about her college education, got a suspicious rare "Einstein" visa for being super special, and now her family is benefiting from family reunification. But they're white and (now thanks to "trump") rich. Very hypocritical of "trump" to attack families this way. 

You can't credibly claim there isn't a racist aspect to "trump's" immigration agenda, not when his chief adviser on it is the bizarre white nationalist Miller, and the "s-hole" country comments along with hoping for more immigrants from super white Norway. 

Miller is a white nationalist? LOL that’s just you guys making up more and more slander to discredit opposing views. Remember - that’s exactly what got you upset about an hour ago. 

Rules for me, and rules for thee - right? 

And what you posted about Melania Trump is totally unverified and immigration status isn’t public record. More made up BS. 

Trumps agenda isn’t racist... but I’m starting to realize that when liberals call something racist, it means it’ll be effective.  

And why not have more people from Norway? Or the white South Africans about to be booted from their homes and farms? Or anything else? Why is it racist to you to ask these questions? 

Because it isnt. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Going from memory here, but you are referring to an offer made as part of an unacceptable immigration package.  I don't know where they got the number of 1.7 million DACA qualified, but those unwilling to identify themselves before Trump will certainly not identify themselves now. 

In other words, it was a BS offer.

Unacceptable offer? No problem then. Veto everything and make the dems campaign on it. Sure to be a winner across all the states. Americans will love it. Homeless vet? Never mind him, support illegal immigrants. Impoverished single mother? No problem, support illegal immigrants. Expensive, shit healthcare? No problem, support illegal immigrants. 

Guranteed blue wave. 

Definitely the end of Trump. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Unacceptable offer? No problem then. Veto everything and make the dems campaign on it. Sure to be a winner across all the states. Americans will love it. Homeless vet? Never mind him, support illegal immigrants. Impoverished single mother? No problem, support illegal immigrants. Expensive, shit healthcare? No problem, support illegal immigrants. 

Guranteed blue wave. 

Definitely the end of Trump. 

Homeless vet? Never mind him, support illegal immigrants spend $20 billion on a wall that won't work. Impoverished single mother? No problem, support illegal immigrants spend $20 billion on a wall that won't work. Expensive, shit healthcare? No problem, support illegal immigrants spend $20 billion on a wall that won't work. 

I don't think the Democrats would object to campaigning on this.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Miller is a white nationalist? LOL that’s just you guys making up more and more slander to discredit opposing views. Remember - that’s exactly what got you upset about an hour ago. 

When it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Stephen Miller was a real piece of sh*t in high school and college, too

Does Stephen Miller have any friends? An investigation

This profile also teaches you that Miller, who has worked “for some of the most politically fringe figures on the Hill” and is so racist his opinions “raised the eyebrows of even conservative Republicans,” is not particularly cool or well-liked.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Posts containing off topic videos have been removed.  

Some inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed. 

Post bickering about acronyms of Trump and clown names of Trump have been removed.  Please use the correct and proper names of people to reduce petty bickering about the usage of trollish nicknames of people. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Homeless vet? Never mind him, support illegal immigrants spend $20 billion on a wall that won't work. Impoverished single mother? No problem, support illegal immigrants spend $20 billion on a wall that won't work. Expensive, shit healthcare? No problem, support illegal immigrants spend $20 billion on a wall that won't work. 

I don't think the Democrats would object to campaigning on this.

20 billion is pocket change compared to the cost of illegal immigrants in one single year. It’s not a hard sell. Cartel beheadings. MS13 torture. Opiate epidemic. Drug money. The list is endless. It’ll be another SOTU win every time there’s a trump rally gearing up for 2020. 

I hope they do run on it. Gun control too. Also increasing taxes. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Silurian said:

No-name nobody writes op-ed puff piece for unheard of website... 

Oh yeah, I’m convinced. Definitely a white nationalist. A regular David Duke. 

3 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Youre talking to someone here that is paying $1480/month for insurance BECAUSE of “Obamacare” (less coverage too) so you can stop lying & turd polishing. 

If if you don’t know what you’re talking about and don’t use the system you really shouldn’t opine. It’s really annoying for the people that are taking the brunt of it all. 

Maybe you should talk to people who know what they're talking about, Like the folks at Kaiser Health who do an exhaustive survey of employer group health costs:

This annual survey of employers provides a detailed look at trends in employer-sponsored health coverage including premiums, employee contributions, cost-sharing provisions, and employer practices. The 2017 survey included more than 2,100 interviews with non-federal public and private firms. Annual premiums for employer-sponsored family health coverage reached $18,764 this year, up 3% from last year, with workers on average paying $5,714 towards the cost of their coverage, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation/Health Research & Education Trust 2017 Employer Health Benefits Survey. "

https://www.kff.org/health-costs/report/2017-employer-health-benefits-survey/

And not just that, what lots of people used to discover was that they were paying for health insurance but suddenly it evaporated when they needed it. That's because when a health disaster struck, insurance companies would carefully comb through the contracts to find discrepancies. And when the discrepancies were found, your insurance was disallowed. That can't happen under Obamacare.

That is of course, if you could get health insurance. People with serious pre-existing conditions couldn't get it at all except for state-sponsored programs which were pitifully inadequate in the face of demand.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

20 billion is pocket change compared to the cost of illegal immigrants in one single year. It’s not a hard sell. Cartel beheadings. MS13 torture. Opiate epidemic. Drug money. The list is endless. It’ll be another SOTU win every time there’s a trump rally gearing up for 2020. 

Yes America's drug problem is due to foreigners. It's always bizarre to hear conservatives who claim to support individual responsibility blame foreigners for the drug addiction problems of Americans. I remember when opiates were mainly a problem for the black inner city communities. At that time, conservatives had no problem blaming them for their plight. But now that it's disproportionately affecting the white rural population, they are merely the victims and its others to blame.

But I do agree that those foreigners who manufacture oxycontin and then distribute it via the illegal aliens otherwise known as MDs should face the full force of the law.

• Like 2

Rules for me, and rules for thee - right? 

And what you posted about Melania Trump is totally unverified and immigration status isn’t public record. More made up BS. 

Trumps agenda isn’t racist... but I’m starting to realize that when liberals call something racist, it means it’ll be effective.  

And why not have more people from Norway? Or the white South Africans about to be booted from their homes and farms? Or anything else? Why is it racist to you to ask these questions? 

Because it isnt. 

I'll accept this limitation in labeling Miller a white nationalist - - 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/aug/15/are-there-white-nationalists-white-house/

"And Hemmer, the University of Virginia professor, said the term she would use is "white nationalist-adjacent. Their biographies and rhetoric signal to white nationalists that they have friends in the White House. Put another way, they're not Richard Spencers or David Dukes, but they make the Richard Spencers and David Dukes feel more comfortable with the administration.""

It's interesting in a bad way that Bannon previously of the "trump" team just gave a supporting speech to the nativist fascistic La Pen led party in France.

On my other points I think what I posted about Melania is true. The illegal working thing perhaps more of a grey area.

On your comment about moderation I need to strongly ask you again to make your complaints to the management and leave me out of it. I can't just accept being repeatedly bullied in this way.

The topics are the topics. Not me. Not moderation complaints mixed with personal insults.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes America's drug problem is due to foreigners. It's always bizarre to hear conservatives who claim to support individual responsibility blame foreigners for the drug addiction problems of Americans. I remember when opiates were mainly a problem for the black inner city communities. At that time, conservatives had no problem blaming them for their plight. But now that it's disproportionately affecting the white rural population, they are merely the victims and its others to blame.

But I do agree that those foreigners who manufacture oxycontin and then distribute it via the illegal aliens otherwise known as MDs should face the full force of the law.

The current opioid epidemic is due to fentanyl, a synthetic opiate hundreds of times stronger than morphine. It is brought in through the mail and over borders. It’s used to cut heroin and increase profit margins. It’s so dangerous and powerful that it’s killing thousands when mixed too strongly. Fentanyl is definitely coming from south of the border. 

Cartels have extreme power & money in the opiate trade coming into the USA and incredible resources. 

Its your denial of the issue that will keep killing thousands of people. That, combined with shit healthcare and treatment options. 

A literal full border wall is never going to built and only the most pathetically gullible "trump" supporters ever believed it would be. Pretty much everyone including most democratics supports border security and literal walls and fences in strategic places.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1