SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

If you want to start comparing Trump's current and projected deficit spending to Obama's---OK.  We can do that.

I was just hoping you'd stop posting and reposting erroneous information about your so called " The Obama Recovery™ ". If you want to have a go at Trump as well, nobody's stopping you and have at it.

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You're point being....?

My point being that if administrations then or now really wanted to give insight into the employment situation rather than brag about low numbers they'd be reporting U5 or U6 as the headline unemployment number.

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Truth hurts eh? Some 65 murders in London so far this year, your police cant do anything about it other than ban knives (like that will work) and a citizenry that isnt allowed to protect themselves. You're damn right thats gonna be used in the gun control debate and happy Trump said it. Shine a light on it. 

And its quite funny when you brits get a case of the ass when you get dissed but spend an unreasonable amount of time dissing the US. Can dish it out but cant take it ~ The British. 

BTW there is large support for trump and conservatives in the UK. You know it and I know it. 

• Sad 1

According to washington post lie checker trump recently notched up his 3000th lie since coming to office...more than 6 lies per day.

Pretty impressive. 

A great role model for kids.

Lie, keep on lying and deny your lying even when its proven on tape.

Trump...making lies for usa great again

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Truth hurts eh? Some 65 murders in London so far this year, your police cant do anything about it other than ban knives (like that will work) and a citizenry that isnt allowed to protect themselves. You're damn right thats gonna be used in the gun control debate and happy Trump said it. Shine a light on it. 

And its quite funny when you brits get a case of the ass when you get dissed but spend an unreasonable amount of time dissing the US. Can dish it out but cant take it ~ The British. 

BTW there is large support for trump and conservatives in the UK. You know it and I know it. 

Large....define large in the context of the population

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

Yeah, what has Trump done to make this happen?  Don't post about making it legal for coal companies to pollute water, tell us how Trump gets credit for the fracking boom that happened before he took office.

Congress repealed the crude oil export ban in 2015. It was a bad idea then and it is a bad idea now. The repeal of the ban, that is.

Edited by lannarebirth

16 hours ago, Opl said:

Please take your time and enjoy every single word of this report

Not only did Pence praise Arpaio on Tuesday, the event at which it happened was hosted by pro-Trump organization America First Policies. A report published by CNN in January highlighted the bigoted past of one of the group’s top staffers, Carl Higbie, who has said that "the black race" has "a lax of morality," and that he believes "wholeheartedly, wholeheartedly, that the black race as a whole, not totally, is lazier than the white race period."

Pence has appeared at at least 15 events hosted by America First Policies.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/mike-pence-joe-arpaio-w519759

Yes, Pence is quite awful.

By lauding Joe Arpaio, the vice president embraces racial profiling and criminality.

WHEN VICE PRESIDENT Mike Pence appeared at an event in Arizona the other day and lauded former sheriff Joe Arpaio as a “tireless champion of . . . the rule of law,” his comment wasn’t just a risible fiction about a man who made racial profiling his political calling card, thumbed his nose at a federal judge’s order and was convicted of criminal contempt of court. In kowtowing to Mr. Arpaio, a hero to alt-right racists, the vice president also announced his own contempt for principles higher than reflexive genuflection to anything and anyone favored by President Trump.

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-Mike-Pence-dishonors-himself--Again-.B1gaPRPcTG.html

9 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I was just hoping you'd stop posting and reposting erroneous information about your so called " The Obama Recovery™ ". If you want to have a go at Trump as well, nobody's stopping you and have at it.

I have been referring to the economic recovery that occurred during the Obama administration.  You may not like associating it with Obama, but "Obama recovery" is an accurate description.

9 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

My point being that if administrations then or now really wanted to give insight into the employment situation rather than brag about low numbers they'd be reporting U5 or U6 as the headline unemployment number.

An my point was that Trump denies numbers are real when they make someone else look good, but insist they are real when they make him look good.

8 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

Trump 2020 Baby, Still smiling!  Economy is doing great, he has stopped all the muslims from coming in our country making us safer, he is turning people back at the border making us safer, creating more jobs than just about anyone ever has, peace in Korea.  Now he is going to straighten out Iran.  Coal miners back to work, trade deals being reworked to make them for fair for us the american people. 

I freaking love it, and everyone else i know in America does as well.  The Fake news media can go pound sand.  Bunch of rapists they are. 

Most of the things you give Trump credit for were happening before he took office.  "Coal miners back to work"  is BS   http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/10/news/companies/coal-mine-closing/index.html     http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jun/05/scott-pruitt/are-coal-mining-jobs-50000-last-year-not-exactly/

His meddling in agreed upon deals in trade and with Iran will possibly lead to trade wars and a nuclear arms race in the Mid-East, along with destroying US credibility in future agreements.  Trump is a threat to the US.    

7 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

How many mass shootings in the UK in the past year, or decade, or since they greatly restricted gun ownership?

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Congress repealed the crude oil export ban in 2015. It was a bad idea then and it is a bad idea now. The repeal of the ban, that is.

So Trump clearly does not get credit for a move that helped the US oil production industry.  Any discussion of the benefits or costs of the repeal could go on endlessly, and is off-topic

17 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Thats just objectively false. 

This is CNN's April Ryan:

April Ryan: Sanders’ Response Implied A ‘Physical Fight’

CNN’s April Ryan claims that White House press secretary Sarah Sanders wanted a “physical fight” during Thursday’s press briefing.

This is really funny!  You say:

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Thats just objectively false. 

Followed by :

CNN’s April Ryan claims that White House press secretary Sarah Sanders wanted a “physical fight” during Thursday’s press briefing.

Now I am struggling. Where exactly does Ryan say that Sanders WANTED a "physical fight" during Thursdays press briefing ? ....In fact ...nowhere. What Ryan said that in some quarters of the nation, using that language will start a physical fight.

"Riiiiiiiiiiight. Thats just objectively false."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

And most of these murders are about drug dealers killing each other. Not a threat at all to law abiding citizens. Which raises the question: why do you think you would need protection? Exactly what line of work are you in?

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

And most of these murders are about drug dealers killing each other. Not a threat at all to law abiding citizens. Which raises the question: why do you think you would need protection? Exactly what line of work are you in?

If one has to assert a *need* for their Constitutional rights, then they don't have a right at all. Why do you *need* your First Amendment rights? How about the Fourth or Fifth or any other right in the Constitution?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Grouse said:

Who are you to talk about the UK people? Get some humility. Trump has a wonderful golf course there :) . Most people I know in the UK would like some of his policies, especially regarding building a wall, not letting those from Arab countries in etc. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Who are you to talk about the UK people? Get some humility. Trump has a wonderful golf course there :) . Most people I know in the UK would like some of his policies, especially regarding building a wall, not letting those from Arab countries in etc. 

Moi? I AM British 

Ask the Scots about Trump and his golf coarseness 

We see through this buffoon from miles away

We have our share of morons but you win. Your morons are bigger and better than ours!

As for humility, I am very 'umble. You will end up eating one of my pies! ?

Edited by Grouse

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Moi? I AM British 

Ask the Scots about Trump and his golf coarseness 

We see through this buffoon from miles away

We have our share of morons but you win. Your morons are bigger and better than ours!

As for humility, I am very 'umble. You will end up eating one of my pies! ?

I am British. Again, stop using, "we".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I am British. Again, stop using, "we".

Clearly you are in 52% group that embarrasses us so much.

Now, here's a thing, I have lived in the USA on three separate occasions. Cambridge MA, Austin TX, Los Gatos CA. Do you know where they are?

I know MANY Americans. And they agree with me. ?

Where are are you from?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Clearly you are in 52% group that embarrasses us so much.

Now, here's a thing, I have lived in the USA on three separate occasions. Cambridge MA, Austin TX, Los Gatos CA. Do you know where they are?

I know MANY Americans. And they agree with me. ?

Where are are you from?

I wonder where you get your arrogance from.

I haven't lived in the UK for 30 years, and wouldn't want to.

2 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I wonder where you get your arrogance from.

I haven't lived in the UK for 30 years, and wouldn't want to.

A first class education!

You haven't lived in the UK for thirty years yet you question my local knowledge?

I am told that Trump can not read properly?

So I thought this would be appropriate for a musical interlude...

Not only arrogant but rude. I'd be surprised if you have a better education than me.

I have a Master's from one of the top unis in the UK - Edinburgh.

This is a forum for expats btw. Why are you here if you're living in the UK?

I visit once or twice a year.

Do you complain about the democratic outcome of elections in the UK too? 

Are you one of the Brexit sulkers, demanding another vote?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MajarTheLion said:

If one has to assert a *need* for their Constitutional rights, then they don't have a right at all. Why do you *need* your First Amendment rights? How about the Fourth or Fifth or any other right in the Constitution?

Woah easy on the facts sir. This crowd does not care. 

Edited by UncleTouchyFingers
  • Thanks 1