SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, riclag said:

Optimism About Availability of Good Jobs Hits New Heights

ECONOMY

MAY 21, 2018

•  

WASHINGTON, D.C. --" Sixty-seven percent of Americans believe that now is a good time to find a quality job in the U.S., the highest percentage in 17 years of Gallup polling. Optimism about the availability of good jobs has grown by 25 percentage points since Donald Trump was elected president".

http://news.gallup.com/poll/234587/optimism-availability-good-jobs-hits-new-heights.aspx

the blinkered ones will say this is false news

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, riclag said:

Optimism About Availability of Good Jobs Hits New Heights

ECONOMY

MAY 21, 2018

•  

WASHINGTON, D.C. --" Sixty-seven percent of Americans believe that now is a good time to find a quality job in the U.S., the highest percentage in 17 years of Gallup polling. Optimism about the availability of good jobs has grown by 25 percentage points since Donald Trump was elected president".

http://news.gallup.com/poll/234587/optimism-availability-good-jobs-hits-new-heights.aspx

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc" It's a latin term from logicians meaning "after this, therefore because of this". It's used to describe a logical fallacy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Opl said:

"Why Mueller Has to Expose Trump’s Crooked Business Empire. He managed to conceal the nature of that business empire by withholding his tax returns, and media scrutiny of his business dealings has still only scratched the surface. Those secrets carry alongside them national-security risks of unknown scale. "

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/robert-mueller-must-expose-trumps-crooked-business-empire.html

I always wonder about this. If his tax returns would show any criminal activities would the authorities (at that moment democratic party) then not do anything about it? Why should the media scrutinize it? 

Edited by Khun Jean

1 hour ago, Johnniey said:

I don't believe a word they say, sorry.  Try reading things from sources outside the USA and keep an open mind. 

In other words, don't believe the CBO, which has better access to data and a better long-term track record on predicting the impact of government tax and spending plans than anyone else. 

Instead we should believe outside sources with suspect agendas and no track record.

Do terms such as "critical thinking" and "rational skepticism" mean anything to you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

In other words, don't believe the CBO, which has better access to data and a better long-term track record on predicting the impact of government tax and spending plans than anyone else. 

Instead we should believe outside sources with suspect agendas and no track record.

Do terms such as "critical thinking" and "rational skepticism" mean anything to you?

The same conservatives who were denouncing government employment figures as fake during the Obama administration are now celebrating them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Khun Jean said:

I always wonder about this. If his tax returns would show any criminal activities would the authorities (at that moment democratic party) then not do anything about it? Why should the media scrutinize it? 

The Internal Revenue Service scrutinizes them every year, Tax returns of presidents and vice presidents are subject to mandatory review. It is not mandatory however that they be released to the public.

Oui!!!! What a revolting development this is. We are all faces in the crowd at a cheap carnival side show, being sold snake oil, while in the back room the usual suspects are counting the booty from our national treasure. Am I locked inside a theater showing ed woods reruns?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

The Internal Revenue Service scrutinizes them every year, Tax returns of presidents and vice presidents are subject to mandatory review. It is not mandatory however that they be released to the public.

Should IRS identify 'problems' with a President's tax return is the President subject to penalties in the same manner as a regular citizen / corporation. If  an issue is identified, eg money laundering by way of foreign nationals buying inflated priced property is the President immune from criminal charges, but subjected to a deeply politicised impeachment process which more than likely will not occur due to fear of orchestrated social upheaval. 

Seems there are no depths that Trump and Pence will not go to with misinforming US citizens. Both have deliberately misinformed the US public on funding for school security. Alternatively incompetent with comprehending fiscal policy outcomes; either way unfit to govern.

http://us.francais-express.com/news/politics/-147680-the-trump-administration-s-bogus-spin-that-it-obtained-2-billion-for-school-safety/

Edited by simple1

12 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Should IRS identify 'problems' with a President's tax return is the President subject to penalties in the same manner as a regular citizen / corporation. If  an issue is identified, eg money laundering by way of foreign nationals buying inflated priced property is the President immune from criminal charges, but subjected to a deeply politicised impeachment process which more than likely will not occur due to fear of orchestrated social upheaval. 

Yes, the president or vice president would be required to reconcile whatever the IRS query is, probably through privately retained intermediaries. To the IRS it is not money laundering. It is simply income that one is subject to paying income tax on. I imagine if they suspect money laundering they would make the appropriate referral to the FBI for further investigation.

I believe a sitting president can be impeached but not indicted. Regardless, that would not have been something done during his tenure in office, I wouldn't think. Nothing stopping an indictment once he leaves office however if circumstances warrant it.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nycjoe said:

Oui!!!! What a revolting development this is. We are all faces in the crowd at a cheap carnival side show, being sold snake oil, while in the back room the usual suspects are counting the booty from our national treasure. Am I locked inside a theater showing ed woods reruns?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Say it ain't so,JOE

" Mueller fights media access to secret court filings. The investigation is not complete and its details remain non-public. The prosecutors said that revealing even bare-bones information about when warrants were issued could inflict grave damage on the inquiry.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/23/mueller-media-secret-filings-607111

Edited by Opl
  • Thanks 1

The presidency debased. Flake thinks we have hit rock bottom. With "trump" I think not. He always finds a way to go even lower!

"Republican Sen. Jeff Flake: ‘Our presidency has been debased’"

http://www.paywallnews.com/news/Republican-Sen--Jeff-Flake--‘Our-presidency-has-been-debased’.S1fjb5Qkm.html

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Here comes another bombshell.

James Clapper says ??Russia?? DID swing the election to "trump".

I can imagine the "trump" head exploding at the thought of this.

Illegitimate president? Who knew?

James Clapper’s bombshell: Russia swung the election. What if he’s right?

“As a private citizen, it’s what I would call my informed opinion that, given the massive effort the Russians made, and the number of citizens that they touched, and the variety and multi-dimensional aspects of what they did to influence opinion … and given the fact that it turned on less than 80,000 votes in three states, to me it exceeds logic and credulity that they didn’t affect the election. And it’s my belief they actually turned it.”

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-James-Clapper’s-bombshell--Russia-swung-the-election--What-if-he’s-right-.SJCvorNkX.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-James-Clapper’s-bombshell--Russia-swung-the-election--What-if-he’s-right-.SJCvorNkX.html

In an election that close, it's obvious that Russia's manipulation made a difference.  Though not as big a difference as James Comey's bungling announcements about the email investigation.

If Russia or Comey had been kept out of the election campaigning Clinton would be President.  Although Trumpies don't care, all that matters to them is that their guy won.  They either don't understand democracy or aren't fans.

1 hour ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

If you’re loving that, you’ll love his statement:

Dd-ZK1AUQAIATMk?format=jpg&name=900x900

One has to take a few steps back and consider why matters have reached this stage. The Trump Administration's hubris with the outcome being failures with diplomacy on a number of fronts, including trade.

Trump's one man tap dance and business background has minimal relevance to the business of government and it shows.

EDIT: Your second post just shows how out of sync Trump's evaluations are.

Hopefully the two countries can reach a common ground, in the meantime, IMO, Trump Administration is creating unnecessary risk. Can you truthfully imagine Trump successfully navigating the Cuban Crisis...

Edited by simple1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I'm relieved.  I'm certain Trump would have accomplished nothing good and could have accomplished a lot of bad if he'd gone to this meeting.

NK has now claimed they wish to go ahead with the meeting, have to see if Trump will accept. For the meantime be a very good idea for members of Trump Admin to cease their constant threats.

Who's playing whom as Trump keeps repeating he will make N.K. "rich"

Edited by simple1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The problem with Clapper making any sort of pronouncement is that he's a known perjurer. The fact that there were no ramifications to his perfidy may have emboldened him even more. IMO it is a mistake to latch on to anything someone says, just because they are telling you what you want to hear. Especially if they are a known liar. This guy and Oliver North come to mind as they are both guilty of the same thing.

• Like 1

The whole deal went south when Bolton said that Korea should follow the "Libya Model".  Complete unilateral demilitarization now and follow up in a couple of years by backing rebels to overthrow and kill Kim, right.  Then Trump and Pence kept referring to it.  Bolton should have bee euthanized and Trump  and Pompeo should have laid out a Korea Model for Kim. It seems that they have no plan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Opl said:

"A Former CIA Director Just Destroyed Trump’s Campaign Spy Lie. There was no spy, and as former CIA Director Brennan said this is Trump twisting the truth to fit his own narrative. The last refuge of the guilty is to claim that there was a conspiracy against them. This is something that Mr. Trump is masterful at in terms of twisting the truth in order to support his narrative.”

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/05/25/a-former-cia-director-just-destroyed-trumps-campaign-spy-lie.html

"White House Lawyer Crashes FBI Meeting on Trump-Russia Investigation

Emmet Flood appeared at meetings where Justice Department officials discussed a source of information on the Trump campaign. Critics say it was wildly inappropriate. Flood’s presence fueled the perception that the White House was trying to monitor the investigation into the Trump campaign. And Rudy Giuliani, one of Trump’s personal lawyers, helped. "

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-house-lawyer-crashes-fbi-meeting-on-trump-russia-investigation

I read your article and others and it was clear from reading them that the White House lawyer and Chief of Staff did not attend these meetings. That is not something one would have gleaned from your post.