SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Singapore Summit should  give PT a 3 - 4 point bump in his approval ratings.That  NY Queen's swagger is starting to pay dividends . Wealthy Queen's business man ,POTUS to  a possible Nobel peace prize winner .

Image result for trump nobel  pictures

Edited by riclag

8 hours ago, riclag said:

The Singapore Summit should  give PT a 3 - 4 point bump in his approval ratings.That  NY Queen's swagger is starting to pay dividends . Wealthy Queen's business man ,POTUS to  a possible Nobel peace prize winner .

Fluctations in low approval ratings and the continuation of the economic expansion that started early in Obama's first term are the only accomplishments you can attribute to Trump.

Declaring one has a "terrific relationship" with a cruel tyrant is hardly grounds for a Nobel Peace Prize. 

The old saying, keep your enemies closer, is masterminded to a new level by Trump.  What an absolute genius of a president. Handling the situation very well with The supreme leader.  Supreme president. Well done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

The old saying, keep your enemies closer, is masterminded to a new level by Trump.  What an absolute genius of a president. Handling the situation very well with The supreme leader.  Supreme president. Well done. 

You have quite an imagination.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You have quite an imagination.

Haha. Just a few minutes before reading your post I was discussing the meaning of a strangely familiar Thai word I heard on TV, jintanakarn.  it's imagination.  

44 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not that original though. The alt right trolls that worship the bizarre president often refer to him as God Emperor. That's downright un-American.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I haven't heard or seen the "God Emperor" reference.  The Trump faithful strike me as similar to members of a cult, following, believing and obeying their cult leader in defiance of all evidence and logic.

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I haven't heard or seen the "God Emperor" reference.  The Trump faithful strike me as similar to members of a cult, following, believing and obeying their cult leader in defiance of all evidence and logic.

Reddit. Alt-right "trump" troll central. 

WELCOME TO THE BIZARRO WORLD OF TRUMP SUPPORTERS ON REDDIT

Fifty-two moderators from around the world monitor the activity of 3 million unique visitors every month. Redditors refer to Donald Trump as "God Emperor" in the forum.

https://www.wired.com/2016/07/welcome-bizarro-world-trump-supporters-reddit/

From the very moment of the tragic "election" of "trump" it was clear to me that he was going to be an existential threat to American democracy. I was accused of using hyperbole. Turns out, to anyone paying attention, he has been WORSE than realistic expectations, much worse.

So here we are.

His fans. Irredeemable. 

The republican party. The hostile takeover is almost total.

His opponents. Roughly those that still cling to the delusion that he's just another bad president and those that get the severity of the threat he poses.

So many famous people get the latter, such as the late night host Stephen Colbert, it was obvious like so many he got it from minute one.

Of course both groups of opponents are needed to make a change before it's too late. After 2018 may well be too late.

A Quisling and His Enablers

An anti-American president and the party that won’t lift a finger to stop him
What all this tells us is that the problem facing America runs much deeper than Trump’s personal awfulness. One of our two major parties appears to be hopelessly, irredeemably corrupt. And unless that party not only loses this year’s election but begins losing on a regular basis, America as we know it is finished.

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-A-Quisling-and-His-Enablers.r1ZFfitheQ.html

Edited by Jingthing

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

From the very moment of the tragic "election" of "trump" it was clear to me that he was going to be an existential threat to American democracy. I was accused of using hyperbole. Turns out, to anyone paying attention, he has been WORSE than realistic expectations, much worse.

So here we are.

His fans. Irredeemable. 

The republican party. The hostile takeover is almost total.

His opponents. Roughly those that still cling to the delusion that he's just another bad president and those that get the severity of the threat he poses.

So many famous people get the latter, such as the late night host Stephen Colbert, it was obvious like so many he got it from minute one.

Of course both groups of opponents are needed to make a change before it's too late. After 2018 may well be too late.

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-A-Quisling-and-His-Enablers.r1ZFfitheQ.html

BOTH parties are corrupt! https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/06/08/rotten-to-the-heart-authoritarian-chickens-roosting-at-home/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AYJAYDEE said:

Great article. Every word is true from what I could tell. The Democrat party is in ruins and by all of my observations they seem to be doubling down on their failed pro corporatist, identity politics model.  That way lies more and more failure IMO. Still, they can bitch about the winners, so they got that going for them.

Edited by lannarebirth

19 hours ago, riclag said:

"In the Singapore agreement, Trump hasn’t insisted that Kim accept clear methods of verification. Instead, Trump asks you to accept Kim’s vague assurances. “I do trust him,”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/trumps-deal-with-kim-jong-un-is-a-con-job-and-youre-the-mark.html

"The U.S. was living with the alarming reality of a nuclear-armed North Korea before, and still is. The difference is that Trump leapt at the opportunity to ratchet up the tension, then released it. "

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/how-trump-creates-his-own-foreign-policy-realities.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Opl said:

"In the Singapore agreement, Trump hasn’t insisted that Kim accept clear methods of verification. Instead, Trump asks you to accept Kim’s vague assurances. “I do trust him,”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/trumps-deal-with-kim-jong-un-is-a-con-job-and-youre-the-mark.html

"The U.S. was living with the alarming reality of a nuclear-armed North Korea before, and still is. The difference is that Trump leapt at the opportunity to ratchet up the tension, then released it. "

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/how-trump-creates-his-own-foreign-policy-realities.html

He also announced he will be ending the joint military exercises with South Korea without getting any explicit consessions from Kim Jong Un or notifying South Korea before making this public announcement.  Great negotiating Drumpf.

Trump should never be left unattended with representatives of hostile powers.  He's too gullible, and it's dangerous.

1 hour ago, Opl said:

It's a process,my friend.No harm in tryin for peace and a unified Korea! The deranged alt left refuse to recognize PT efforts to make change for both Korea's and the USA.The process could be the demise of the radical left,seeing that alllllllll they talk about is impeachment and PT  unfit mentality,when in reality its just a Queen's swagger.  We will see what kind of turnout he gets in his next rally in MN. Should be huge !

Edited by riclag

28 minutes ago, riclag said:

It's a process,my friend.No harm in tryin for peace and a unified Korea! The deranged alt left refuse to recognize PT efforts to make change for both Korea's and the USA.The process could be the demise of the radical left,seeing that alllllllll they talk about is impeachment and PT  unfit mentality,when in reality its just a Queen's swagger.  We will see what kind of turnout he gets in his next rally in MN. Should be huge !

In this process Trump is making explicit promises, the end of joint US-South Korea military exercises, and getting nothing in return.  So far North Korea has been doing all the winning, the US has received nothing.

Maybe he can get a friendly crowd in Minnesota.  It's more telling that he can't get a friendly crowd in his home city.  It seems the better people know Trump, the less they like him.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, riclag said:

A possible jailbird. The presidents long time lawyer is going soon: 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-attorney-michael-cohen-has-been-telling-friends-he-expects-to-be-arrested-shortly/ar-AAyy7TW?ocid=spartanntp

There you go with your "drain the swamp", "we only hire the bestest people", "witch hunt", .........

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

A possible jailbird. The presidents long time lawyer is going soon: 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-attorney-michael-cohen-has-been-telling-friends-he-expects-to-be-arrested-shortly/ar-AAyy7TW?ocid=spartanntp

There you go with your "drain the swamp", "we only hire the bestest people", "witch hunt", .........

Possible jailbird? 

3 hours ago, riclag said:

But there is harm in having the President attend a very preliminary meeting with Kim. Trump is already spinning an agreement with no binding commitments as a major triumph. This is the kind of agreement that in the past people from the State Dept. arranged for in  discreet negotiations.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

But there is harm in having the President attend a very preliminary meeting with Kim. Trump is already spinning an agreement with no binding commitments as a major triumph. This is the kind of agreement that in the past people from the State Dept. arranged for in  discreet negotiations.

"people from the State Dept. arranged for in  discreet negotiations"

Is 3 months discreet enough ?Or better still ,since the elections  2016. And the preliminary is part of the  very talked about , PROCESS.

Edited by riclag

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

"people from the State Dept. arranged for in  discreet negotiations"

Is 3 months discreet enough ?Or better still ,since the elections  2016. And the preliminary is part of the  very talked about , PROCESS.

Maybe you think it's wise for a President to stake his prestige on the negotiations ultimatey succeeding. It's clear it gives Kim, a dictator, a big advantage over someone who depends on elections for continuing his mandate.

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Maybe you think it's wise for a President to stake his prestige on the negotiations ultimatey succeeding. It's clear it gives Kim, a dictator, a big advantage over someone who depends on elections for continuing his mandate.

The process involves the negotiations .If the process breaks down then further diplomacy will take place.It gives the USA and its geographical allies a chance to live together with out fear a nuclear  threats.PT is dammed if he speaks his mind and dammed if he uses diplomacy according to the  left.They want America to fail.

1 minute ago, riclag said:

The process involves the negotiations .If the process breaks down then further diplomacy will take place.It gives the USA and its geographical allies a chance to live together with out fear a nuclear  threats.PT is dammed if he speaks his mind and dammed if he uses diplomacy according to the  left.They want America to fail.

He usually damns himself by speaking his mind since it comes up with contradictory statements on a regular basis. The problem isn't that he's using diplomacy, it's that he's misusing it. He's now on the electoral hook for a successful outcome. Not a real problem for Kim.

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

What don't you understand about the article?

Sorry ,I thought you referenced PT. The lawyer I could care less about him, process accusations. 

Just now, bristolboy said:

He usually damns himself by speaking his mind since it comes up with contradictory statements on a regular basis. The problem isn't that he's using diplomacy, it's that he's misusing it. He's now on the electoral hook for a successful outcome. Not a real problem for Kim.

I have no idea what your talking about, good day