SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unemployment rolls shrink to 44-year low, jobless claims show

"New applications for U.S. unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week and the number of Americans on jobless rolls declined to a near 44½-year low, pointing to a rapidly tightening labor market".

.America needs skilled people to fill those jobs that are in abundance !

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/14/us-weekly-jobless-claims-june-9-2018.html

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

Unemployment rolls shrink to 44-year low, jobless claims show

"New applications for U.S. unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week and the number of Americans on jobless rolls declined to a near 44½-year low, pointing to a rapidly tightening labor market".

.America needs skilled people to fill those jobs that are in abundance !

Are you a ‘production and nonsupervisory’ worker? Your wages are falling

The average hourly wage paid to a key group of American workers has fallen from last year when accounting for inflation, as an economy that appears strong by several measures continues to fail to create bigger paychecks, the federal government said Tuesday...

This pool of workers includes those in manufacturing and construction jobs, as well as all “nonsupervisory” workers in service industries such health care or fast food. The group accounts for about four-fifths of the privately employed workers in America, according to BLS.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/15/are-you-a-production-and-nonsupervisory-worker-your-wages-are-falling/

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1

Atlanta Fed: Q2 GDP estimate rises to 4.8% from 4.6%

"The GDP Now model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the second quarter of 2018 is 4.8 percent on June 14, up from 4.6 percent on June 8," the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta said in its latest GDPNow report on Thursday".

I'm excited for my Country. How can the no message Dem's spin this,in 2018!

Get out and vote GOP,.Keep America Great!

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

"The GDP Now model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the second quarter of 2018 is 4.8 percent on June 14, up from 4.6 percent on June 8," the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta said in its latest GDPNow report on Thursday".

too bad the middle class is disappearing. 

15 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Are you a ‘production and nonsupervisory’ worker? Your wages are falling

The average hourly wage paid to a key group of American workers has fallen from last year when accounting for inflation, as an economy that appears strong by several measures continues to fail to create bigger paychecks, the federal government said Tuesday...

This pool of workers includes those in manufacturing and construction jobs, as well as all “nonsupervisory” workers in service industries such health care or fast food. The group accounts for about four-fifths of the privately employed workers in America, according to BLS.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/15/are-you-a-production-and-nonsupervisory-worker-your-wages-are-falling/

It must be fake news then, CNBC.

Edited by riclag

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

It must be fake news then, CNBC.

doesnt mean wages arent stagnant

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

And yet 80% of workers in the private sector aren't sharing in it. So who is all that extra cash going to?

Here's some real news -- the noose tightens...

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics/judge-sends-paul-manafort-to-jail-pending-trial/index.html

Another scummy Trump associate (former campaign chairman) going down the drain, after allegedly engaging in attempted witness tampering in the original money laundering, illegal lobbying, etc criminal case against him.

No more home arrest and out on bail. In the slammer where he belongs!

And Trump tweeted:

"Wow, what a tough sentence for Paul Manafort, who has represented Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole and many other top political people and campaigns. Didn't know Manafort was the head of the Mob. What about Comey and Crooked Hillary and all of the others? Very unfair!"

This, amazingly, is one of the rare instances where I agree with one of Trump's tweets. Manafort WAS the head of a mob, for a time, when he was head of the Trump campaign.

• Like 1

As the entertainment survey rises for PT so does  the Gallup Poll, for his job approval In Dec 2017 it was 35%,6 months has passed.Despite the deranged left crucifying everything he does.From his tweets to his children. His approval ratings have skyrocketed to 45%,highest ever.Surly if the Dem's have the same message as in 2016 or they continue with their resistance and insistence to impeach,It will be very difficult to beat a POTUS that's got the economy and  terrorism under check and NK.

Poll: Trump approval rating ties highest point of his presidency.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/392817-poll-trump-approval-rating-ties-highest-point-of-his-presidency

• Like 1

I saw Trump speak about keeping children in detention today. 

I thought he spoke well.  It's a terrible  situation he said. But he is doing the hard line stuff. You know,  like some parents let their kids run amok, while others give them a yell or spanking. Nobody wants to beat or scold their kid but it's gotta be done sometimes. The children in detention are not USA citizens. they are fed and Id like to see more done for them,  but I guess there has to be an enough point.

Yes it's a terrible situation but is it Trump's fault that Earth is full of borders, No. 

19 minutes ago, stud858 said:

I thought he spoke well.  It's a terrible  situation he said. But he is doing the hard line stuff. You know,  like some parents let their kids run amok, while others give them a yell or spanking. Nobody wants to beat or scold their kid but it's gotta be done sometimes. The children in detention are not USA citizens. they are fed and Id like to see more done for them,  but I guess there has to be an enough point.

Yes it's a terrible situation but is it Trump's fault that Earth is full of borders, No. 

You should post at the thread for your topic 

Edited by riclag

24 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Right, and as the Trump administration has pointed out, those children were brought into the country by criminals. 

Granted, illegally entering the country is only a misdemeanor, but they are criminals in the same sense as people who illegally park or jaywalk are criminals.  That justifies taking their children away, doesn't it?

On 6/7/2018 at 1:33 PM, riclag said:

"A vast majority of Americans feel more optimistic about their prospects than they have in a decade. Will they really want to rock the boat come November and throw out the party at the helm? We shall see".

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/368904-economists-agree-trump-not-obama-gets-credit-for-economy

Not true. Fake surveys. I have a business in the US, and consumer confidence is the lowest I have seen it in the past 20 years. The top 2% are doing very well, and the top 10% are doing well. But, other than the stock market and real estate, the US economy is not what they say it is. The micro economy is struggling. Thousands of retailers are going under, millions are becoming homeless, at a rate never seen before in US history, and the average consumer is afraid to spend money. I see it firsthand. I can feel it from buyers, or potential buyers who are too afraid to buy. 

All smoke and mirrors. Sure, the stock market is doing well. Why? Massive tax cuts, that the average American is going to pay for. And by cutting services, pay, and benefits, and asking more out of the average worker, the bottom line is improving. Does that benefit the average person? I am talking about far over half the population. Probably closer to 70%, are having a harder time than before.

And lastly, the fake inflation numbers. I do not need you to cite me the basket of goods nonsense. I am talking about the stuff we buy on a daily basis. Prices are skyrocketing. Everywhere I look. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Hard to respond to such cold hearted insanity and nonsense. Talking points are not very convincing, unless you are preaching to the minority who support this racist clown. 

On Q&A program on Australia plus channel an audience member called a panellist a racist. The moderator told her that speech of calling someone a racist as an insult won't be tolerated. I fear that is the same situation used against trump. More of an insult to Trump. I don't see he is making decisions based on someone's race.  The hard decisions he is making so happen to involve different races. Unavoidable really. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Not true. Fake surveys. I have a business in the US, and consumer confidence is the lowest I have seen it in the past 20 years. The top 2% are doing very well, and the top 10% are doing well. But, other than the stock market and real estate, the US economy is not what they say it is. The micro economy is struggling. Thousands of retailers are going under, millions are becoming homeless, at a rate never seen before in US history, and the average consumer is afraid to spend money. I see it firsthand. I can feel it from buyers, or potential buyers who are too afraid to buy. 

All smoke and mirrors. Sure, the stock market is doing well. Why? Massive tax cuts, that the average American is going to pay for. And by cutting services, pay, and benefits, and asking more out of the average worker, the bottom line is improving. Does that benefit the average person? I am talking about far over half the population. Probably closer to 70%, are having a harder time than before.

And lastly, the fake inflation numbers. I do not need you to cite me the basket of goods nonsense. I am talking about the stuff we buy on a daily basis. Prices are skyrocketing. Everywhere I look. 

How is this a fake survey(TVF Trump survey)? . Also the Gallup poll is the gold standard of polls,I'm told. Also its all about perception . It looks like many on the Gallup perceive it another way . Your also referring to a older post,that backs up that Americans are feeling more optimistic 

Poll: Trump approval rating ties highest point of his presidency.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/392817-poll-trump-approval-rating-ties-highest-point-of-his-presidency

Edited by riclag

1 hour ago, stud858 said:

On Q&A program Uon Australia plus channel an audience member called a panellist a racist. The moderator told her that speech of calling someone a racist as an insult won't be tolerated. I fear that is the same situation used against trump. More of an insult to Trump. I don't see he is making decisions based on someone's race.  The hard decisions he is making so happen to involve different races. Unavoidable really. 

It's fine to say things about "trump" that you can back up with good evidence.

Donald Trump is a racist and a bigot: Dana Milbank

It might be possible to explain away any one of Trump's outrages as a mistake or a misunderstanding. But at some point you're not merely saying things that could be construed as bigoted: You are a bigot.

https://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/12/donald_trump_is_a_racist_and_a.html

Edited by Jingthing

What kind of business do you have?

I’m all for impeaching or shutting Trump down, but we’re in HVAC and business is great.

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

What kind of business do you have?

I’m all for impeaching or shutting Trump down, but we’re in HVAC and business is great.

HVAC will be doing well and IMO companies like Trane or Carrier etc would be a good investment because of all the units installed during the housing boom  of about 12-15 years ago that are reaching the end of their servisable life.

Winning!

Dow sheds 2018 gains on latest trade threat, set for longest losing streak in 15 months

U.S. stocks fell broadly on Tuesday, with the Dow turning negative for 2018 and threatening its longest streak of negative sessions in more than a year after President Donald Trump threatened to slap up to $400 billion more in tariffs on China goods, the latest escalation in a trade dispute that has been unsettling investors for months.

2 hours ago, akampa said:

Agree and not only that he will go for a second term and win.

Played for a fool by North Korea, outraging the country and the world with his family separation policy, triggering a trade war, undermining the US economy with trillion dollar deficits.....

It is quite a ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Played for a fool by North Korea, outraging the country and the world with his family separation policy, triggering a trade war, undermining the US economy with trillion dollar deficits.....

It is quite a ride.

Thank God there wasn't any collusion, though.