Let the train take the strain - new trial service from Bangkok to Pattaya starts in March

webfact

Let the train take the strain - new trial service from Bangkok to Pattaya starts in March

27497389_1194766213990299_964840352_n.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

The Pattaya City authority and the Thai State Railways have agreed on a project to promote tourism to the eastern seaboard with a new train service.

The three carriage train, all air-conditioned, will leave Bangkok at 6.30am and arrive in Pattaya at 9am. The return journey will be at 3.50pm arriving in Bangkok at 6.50pm.

The service will run every Saturday and Sunday for six months starting in March.

The trail is to gauge the interest among Thai and foreign tourists.

Pattaya news said the fare will be economical though they didn't say how much.

There will only be six stops along the way from Bangkok - Sri Racha, North Pattaya, Four Regions Floating Market, Nong Nuch Gardens, the temple of Wat Yan and Phlu Ta Luang.

A meeting at City Hall between business and tourism leaders and other relevant authorities was chaired by Phinit Maneerat of the city council who hailed the service as adding to the attraction of Pattaya as a tourism destination.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-01

8 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

why not daily service?

Is there a baht bus that goes there?

Quite, why not a few trains every day?

Why only one train a day?

Oops, sorry, that would maybe compromise the businesses of taxi, killer and and buses.

1 hour ago, pegman said:

Where is BKK Station?

Have you tried Google Earth?    Bangkok Station!    Yes, it has a totally different name,  unless there is another station other than the mainline.

9 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Quite, why not a few trains every day?

There is normally a morning and afternoon passenger train

and most days a  container train plus an oil tanker train...sometimes one in the early hours of the morning. as you can see in my above photo they haven't go around to installing double tracks

( stops at Pattaya ) this far along yet

everyday there is also a comic sight ( IMHO) of the tiny "inspection" wagon  zooming along with a couple of workers sitting on open air chairs and a big red flag waving overhead   it always reminds me of those old western movies with hand pump wagons.

P.S I'm not a train spotter.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

will leave Bangkok at 6.30am and arrive in Pattaya at 9am

Great, the average barstool occupant is known to get up early and can now enjoy his second beer upon arrival in Pattaya.

Any news on how to get from pattaya station to your hotel where you have to wait till 2pm before you can check in? Hope there is a songtaew ready to take you for 400 baht per person and 10 seats in the songtaew.

2 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Hope there is a songtaew ready to take you for 400 baht per person and 10 seats in the songtaew.

That service is only available for Pattaya Elite Card holders. You can identify your waiting driver by his PE Club uniform -  flipflops, knee-length shorts, songkran-shirt and a toothpick in his mouth.

What is wrong with SRT, the worst Government Dept in the world ?

They should be running  7 return trips to Pattaya a day .

A double track all the way should have been in existence for 30 years.

Our leader is still hellbent on building high speed trains where he should be ensuring something as simple as this regular service is put in place.

Yes, I agree, why such an ungodly hour of the morning

On 2/1/2018 at 1:29 PM, pegman said:

Where is BKK Station?

23 hours ago, masuk said:

Have you tried Google Earth?    Bangkok Station!    Yes, it has a totally different name,  unless there is another station other than the mainline.

It's also known as Hua Lampong.  I wondered this myself, or if it was caught at a different location.

10 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Looks like 50-80% longer commute time than a bus and once a day service compared to hourly. I think even the Thais will not go for an 80 baht savings for that level of difference.

Oh yes they will.

On 2/1/2018 at 3:34 PM, Bob12345 said:

Great, the average barstool occupant is known to get up early and can now enjoy his second beer upon arrival in Pattaya.

Not to mention if anyone was serious about public transport to Pattaya at daybreak, the bus would whisk them there in 90 minutes at that time of day.